8 29.63%
  • 48 Hrs.

14 51.85%
  • Platoon

16 59.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 1 - Group 28 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 1 - Group 28 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to six films you would like to move onto the next round. The top six films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)
    Directed by George P. Cosmatos

Watch Trailer

Back to the Future (1985)
    Directed by Robert Zemeckis

Watch Trailer

The 'Burbs (1989)
    Directed by Joe Dante

Watch Trailer

Stand by Me (1986)
    Directed by Rob Reiner

Watch Trailer

Once Upon a Time in America (1984)
    Directed by Sergio Leone

Watch Trailer

Bloodsport (1988)
    Directed by Newt Arnold

Watch Trailer

48 Hrs. (1982)
    Directed by Walter Hill

Watch Trailer

Platoon (1986)
    Directed by Oliver Stone

Watch Trailer

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoa, 2 of my top 10 favorite movies in one group!!
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Rambo
    Back To The Future
    Stand By Me
    48 Hours
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Once Upon a Time in America tied for sixth? What?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Interesting to see Stand By Me not in first place here, as it is both a King adaptation and a damn good movie in general.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

STRONG pack for me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

The 'Burbs is one of the best 80s movies. How is it so far behind?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just curious as to why the first groups were so weak and the last groups in this round are stacked?
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Just curious as to why the first groups were so weak and the last groups in this round are stacked?
    I assure you it's purely random and what's considered weak or not is very subjective. For instance, I only voted for four movies here (Back to the Future, Stand by Me, Once Upon a Time in America, and Platoon).

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stacked group.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Back to the Future (92.59%)
    2. Stand by Me (77.78%)
    3. Platoon (59.26%)
    4. 48 Hrs. (51.85%)
    5. Rambo: First Blood Part II (48.15%)
    6. Once Upon a Time in America (37.04%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. Bloodsport (29.63%)
    2. The 'Burbs (29.63%)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The Burbs is out... What?!

So there have been some polls where certain films are moving on with less votes. Is that just the luck of the draw or are there wildcard spots that move on for the higher ranked ones that didn't make the cut? Or am I thinking of the CRA's?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah you're thinking of the Constant Reader Awards, Heather. Sorry, it's simply the luck of the draw here and the percentage of the vote a movie is able to gain in order to move on against others in its group.

+ Reply to Thread