2 8.00%
  • My Neighbor Totoro

10 40.00%
  • Trading Places

16 64.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 1 - Group 26 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 1 - Group 26 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to six films you would like to move onto the next round. The top six films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Driving Miss Daisy (1989)
    Directed by Bruce Beresford

Watch Trailer

Just One of the Guys (1985)
    Directed by Lisa Gottlieb

Watch Trailer

The Wall (1982)
    Directed by Alan Parker

Watch Trailer

Body Double (1984)
    Directed by Brian De Palma

Watch Trailer

For Your Eyes Only (1981)
    Directed by John Glen

Watch Trailer

Fanny and Alexander (1982)
    Directed by Ingmar Bergman

Watch Trailer

My Neighbor Totoro (1988)
    Directed by Hayao Miyazaki

Watch Trailer

Trading Places (1983)
    Directed by John Landis

Watch Trailer

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This is another of those really weak groups!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It's got five pretty strong ones in my opinion. I don't think it is a requirement that a blockbuster win even though one probably will....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    This has plenty of great stuff, with a masterpiece in Fanny and Alexander, plus a personal guilty pleasure Just One of the Guys, which I watched countless times as a kid. And I'm happy to see Totoro doing well!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Wall, For Your Eyes Only (my first Bond film seen in a theater, I think), Trading Places
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Greatest movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE WALL
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    This has plenty of great stuff, with a masterpiece in Fanny and Alexander, plus a personal guilty pleasure Just One of the Guys, which I watched countless times as a kid. And I'm happy to see Totoro doing well!
    I will give you Tortoro!

Country
    Country Flag

Really sad to see Just One of the Guys get little love. It's such an '80s staple for me.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Really sad to see Just One of the Guys get little love. It's such an '80s staple for me.
    Indeed. Also part of the amazing story of Johnny Lawrence.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

When I voted, I didn't recognize the movie by name, but then I remembered it afterwards. Considered telling you to add a vote, but I figured it couldn't be saved so I didn't bother.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

I can still add it, if you wish. Though it's about to close. At the end of the tournament we still get a complete ranking of all the films.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Trading Places (64.00%)
    2. For Your Eyes Only (44.00%)
    3. My Neighbor Totoro (40.00%)
    4. The Wall (40.00%)
    5. Driving Miss Daisy (32.00%)
    6. Body Double (24.00%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. Just One of the Guys (12.00%)
    2. Fanny and Alexander (8.00%)

+ Reply to Thread