7 23.33%
  • Top Gun

24 80.00%
  • Ladyhawke

6 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 1 - Group 21 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 1 - Group 21 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to six films you would like to move onto the next round. The top six films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

The Naked Gun (1988)
    Directed by David Zucker

Watch Trailer

Short Circuit (1986)
    Directed by John Badham

Watch Trailer

Escape from New York (1981)
    Directed by John Carpenter

Watch Trailer

Caddyshack (1980)
    Directed by Harold Ramis

Watch Trailer

Paris, Texas (1984)
    Directed by Wim Wenders

Watch Trailer

Blood Simple (1984)
    Directed by Joel Coen

Watch Trailer

Top Gun (1986)
    Directed by Tony Scott

Watch Trailer

Ladyhawke (1985)
    Directed by Richard Donner

Watch Trailer

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Naked Gun, Escape From NY, Caddyshack
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Paris, Texas is one of the best films of all time!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

is it tho?

Country
    Country Flag

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one who likes fantasy movies? Where is the Ladyhawke love?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    is it tho?

Yes, it is.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Am I the only one who likes fantasy movies? Where is the Ladyhawke love?
    One of my favorites. Rousing adventure, romance, some lighthearted moments--all around great flick.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Speaking of movies with states in the title, I'm a little surprised My Own Private Idaho wasn't nominated.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Speaking of movies with states in the title, I'm a little surprised My Own Private Idaho wasn't nominated.
    That's a 1990s movie and I had it on my list for that tournament but didn't get to nominating it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    That's a 1990s movie and I had it on my list for that tournament but didn't get to nominating it.
    I must have been thinking back to the 90s tournament then. I know it was on one of my lists.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Top Gun (80.00%)
    2. Escape from New York (76.67%)
    3. Caddyshack (70.00%)
    4. The Naked Gun (70.00%)
    5. Short Circuit (50.00%)
    6. Blood Simple (23.33%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. Ladyhawke (20.00%)
    2. Paris, Texas (10.00%)

+ Reply to Thread