7 24.14%
  • Pale Rider

15 51.72%
  • Some Kind of Wonderful

7 24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 1 - Group 9 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 1 - Group 9 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to six films you would like to move onto the next round. The top six films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Fatal Attraction (1987)
    Directed by Adrian Lyne

Watch Trailer

The Toxic Avenger (1984)
    Directed by Michael Herz and Lloyd Kaufman

Watch Trailer

Koyaanisqatsi (1982)
    Directed by Godfrey Reggio

Watch Trailer

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
    Directed by Hayao Miyazaki

Watch Trailer

Tenebre (1982)
    Directed by Dario Argento

Watch Trailer

Innerspace (1987)
    Directed by Joe Dante

Watch Trailer

Pale Rider (1985)
    Directed by Clint Eastwood

Watch Trailer

Some Kind of Wonderful (1987)
    Directed by Howard Deutch

Watch Trailer

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to say that trailer for Some Kind of Wonderful is wonderful! Such an underrated film, I love it.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I have to say that trailer for Some Kind of Wonderful is wonderful! Such an underrated film, I love it.
    I didn't recognize the movie from the title but watching the trailer I think I saw it when I was a kid. I think it's one of those movies where I'd catch it on TV every so often (my parents had HBO and Cinemax back then) but never knew the name of it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

...And I looked, and suddenly there was a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hell followed with him

Country
    Country Flag

Innerspace tied for sixth? Shocking!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Innerspace is so much fun, but I don't know a lot of people who have seen it. It kinds of reminds me of Project X. I talk about it all the time, but nobody seems to remember it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Innerspace is so much fun, but I don't know a lot of people who have seen it. It kinds of reminds me of Project X. I talk about it all the time, but nobody seems to remember it.
    I think I might have seen it, but the name didn't seem familiar until I watched the trailer.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Fatal Attraction (58.62%)
    2. Pale Rider (51.72%)
    3. Innerspace (24.14%)
    4. Some Kind of Wonderful (24.14%)
    5. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (20.69%)
    6. Tenebre (20.69%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. The Toxic Avenger (17.24%)
    2. Koyaanisqatsi (10.34%)

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

wow, seems like a week group, only 2 got more then 1/4 the votes, and highest was 59%.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably the weakest group so far.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    wow, seems like a week group, only 2 got more then 1/4 the votes, and highest was 59%.
    And they were the only two worth voting for.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

If you're a fan of 80s slashers and/or giallos, Tenebre is required viewing.

Country
    Country Flag

So happy to see Nausicaä move on, it's an incredible film, all Ghibli films will be streaming on HBO Max this spring when it launches, so those of you who will be getting that, please take some time to watch their movies, they're treasures!

+ Reply to Thread