• Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean

5 17.24%
  • A Fish Called Wanda

19 65.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1980s: Round 1 - Group 1 of 32

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Fish Called Wanda. One of Kevin Kline’s best.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. A Fish Called Wanda (65.52%)
    2. Labyrinth (62.07%)
    3. Risky Business (58.62%)
    4. This Is Spinal Tap (48.28%)
    5. Dirty Dancing (41.38%)
    6. Clash of the Titans (37.93%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. Angel Heart (24.14%)
    2. Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean (17.24%)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As someone who just recently watched Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean, I would say it's something that should be seen for a few reasons. The film was ahead of its time, featuring an almost entirely female cast. There is also a very current issue that I thought was handled very well.

The film is based on a play and it really feels like one. Lastly, it features two very early performances by Cher and Kathy Bates. The highlight of the film is Sandy Dennis, who gives a really haunting performance. It's a shame she passed away so early at the age of 54 due to cancer.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for taking the time! That's what I love about our tournaments, even if some of your lesser known favorites don't move on, someone is always bound to check it out and discover a great film they didn't know existed!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Thanks for taking the time! That's what I love about our tournaments, even if some of your lesser known favorites don't move on, someone is always bound to check it out and discover a great film they didn't know existed!
    You know me! I like using this tournament as a way to build my collection. I love finding movies out in the wild, so it gives me more stuff to search for. In this case, thank you for letting us know it's on YouTube. I have added the laserdisc version to my eBay cart though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2