Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Doctor Sleep

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Doctor Sleep

Doctor Sleep IMDB

Years following the events of "The Shining," a now-adult Dan Torrance must protect a young girl with similar powers from a cult known as The True Knot, who prey on children with powers to remain immortal.

Directed by: Mike Flanagan
    Screenplay by: Mike Flanagan

Starring: Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson, Kyliegh Curran, Cliff Curtis

"That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't catch this in theaters... how was it?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Boring and a waste of time for me. Lots of people seemed to like it... I, for one... did not. I could not wait for it to end. I hated the book though... it is the only King book I fought through and is my lowest rated King novel.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Boring and a waste of time for me. Lots of people seemed to like it... I, for one... did not. I could not wait for it to end. I hated the book though... it is the only King book I fought through and is my lowest rated King novel.
    You're rating it below Lisey's Story, Gerald's Game, Faithful, Gwendy's, Tommyknockers, Cell and Sleeping Beauties? Really? He's had a few clunkers for sure, but this one is he worst or the worst for you? I mean if only for the fact that the first few chapters represent an epilogue for Danny, Halloran and Wendy has to count for something. The Shining is arguably his best novel so anything following up on it should rate above some of the books listed herein, no?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    You're rating it below Lisey's Story, Gerald's Game, Faithful, Gwendy's, Tommyknockers, Cell and Sleeping Beauties? Really? He's had a few clunkers for sure, but this one is he worst or the worst for you? I mean if only for the fact that the first few chapters represent an epilogue for Danny, Halloran and Wendy has to count for something. The Shining is arguably his best novel so anything following up on it should rate above some of the books listed herein, no?
    Yes.. I do MY least fav Bill. I LOVED Tommyknockers haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I did not care too much for DOCTOR SLEEP the novel, although it was certainly readable, but I found myself enjoying the movie version quite a lot.
    My brother, who did NOT read the book, disliked the movie quite a lot.
    What the above means, I'm not really sure.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched on 4K disc (just the theatrical version so far). I really expected to be disappointed, but I was pleasantly surprised. At first I didn't like ....

Spoiler:

... the idea of revisiting the overlook, but then I liked it. It was kind of fun "rooting" for the Overlook

Looking forward to watching the directors cut (maybe this weekend).

I liked the book, I felt it was one of his best in the last 20 years or so. (probably in the middle of the pack over all for me). I agree with Bill on the list of stinkers above (exept Gwendy, which I kind of liked).

I thought the actors they cast for Halloran and Wendy did a good homage to the original actors. (Jack Torrance not so much)
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read the book, but I thought the film wad solid. I'm a big fa of Mike Flanagan. Hear the Director's Cut is even better.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't see the theatrical version, but last night I watched the whole director's cut. I liked it a lot, even with the changes from the book. Mike Flanagan impressed me with what he did with his screenplay and direction. We could have ended up with a crap horror of the week. But, he gave us a film! Any nitpicks I had with the film fell by the wayside. I would welcome him back to the SK cannon any day. From A Buick 8 would be perfect in his hands. Ewan and Rebecca did amazing. Probably my favorite performance of Ewan's since Big Fish. Even though she's the bad guy, I loved watching Rebecca's scenes.

P.s. Near Dark is one of my favorite (vampire) movies, and the True Knot has that feel.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

+ Reply to Thread