Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1980s

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1980s

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I just want to thank who ever nominated and seconded The Abyss. One of the best movies, especially the directors cut.
    I nominated it and I'm happy to see I'm not the only big fan of it. In fact, gun to my head, The Abyss is probably my favorite movie of all time. Not the one I consider the best, just my favorite.
    One of my favorites as well. It was going to be my next nomination
    I cannot remember this... I know I seen it but I feel it needs a re watch

ORIGINAL or Director cut guys? Which should I get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's the Special Edition, go for that. But either way it's a genius movie.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    There's the Special Edition, go for that. But either way it's a genius movie.
    Ok I’ll grab that. Thanks

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'll second Nightmare on Elm Street

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination 6

This is Spinal Tap 1984 Reiner
    Spoiler

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION 8

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Film: The Return of the Jedi
    Director: Richard Marquand
    Year: 1983

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    NOMINATION 8

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Film: The Return of the Jedi
    Director: Richard Marquand
    Year: 1983

Yesssssssdd second
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Return is my favorite Star Wars movie. It completely epitomizes the universe for me like no other SW film. I don't understand the acclaim Empire gets. Is it just the Vader scene? Cause there's literally no plot in Empire, zero. Nothing happens. It's a lot of fun, sure. But Luke goes off to train with Yoda, then feels his friends are in trouble, goes back unprepared, gets nearly killed and his friends have to rescue him instead. The end?

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

" ...remember, no matter where you go, there you are."

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai in the 8th Dimension (1984)
    Dir.- WD Richter
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination:

The Verdict (1982)
    Director: Sidney Lumet

Watch Trailer

Raising Arizona
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Desert Hearts (1985)
    Donna Deitch

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Robocop.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Second Top Gun

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Field of Dreams
    Phil Alden Robinson

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Field of Dreams
    Phil Alden Robinson
    SECONDED!!!

Nomination 7

Koyaanisqatsi 1983 Reggio

Spoiler

I'll second Airplane!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #7 - Hannah and Her Sisters (1986)
    Directed by Woody Allen

A BIG second for Koyaanisqatsi
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Dirty Dancing. My wife’s fav movie. She asked me to Nominate it for her. LOL

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second Dirty Dancing.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Elephant Man - 1980
    David Lynch
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mad max 2 - road warrior (1981)

https://youtu.be/imy1Cs1_qwc

Country
    Country Flag

Possibly my favorite Miyazaki film, either this or Spirited Away!

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
    Hayao Miyazaki

Watch trailer:

Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro are my favorites. But I haven't seen one I didn't like yet.

Nomination 8

The Seventh Continent 1989 Haneke

Spoiler

Not sure if this is the proper trailer, also, no subs with it. Sorry!

I second The Elephant Man

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, even though the rules state "no documentaries" I believe Koyaanisqatsi is not exactly a doc nor a narrative feature, it's something in between and experimental, so I feel it should be allowed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast