+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 775 of 843

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1980s

  1. #751
    Servant of Gan amd013 is a splendid one to behold amd013 is a splendid one to behold amd013 is a splendid one to behold amd013 is a splendid one to behold amd013 is a splendid one to behold amd013 is a splendid one to behold amd013's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    1,557
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Well shoot, I guess I was too late.

    Anyway, here's what I had left on my list in no particular order. Nothing really ground-breaking IMO.

    Look Who's Talking
    The Karate Kid 2
    The Karate Kid 3
    Flight of the Navigator
    Lady in White
    The Wizard
    Wildcats
    Back to School
    Spies Like Us
    Mickey's Christmas Carol
    Howard the Duck
    Cat's Eye
    Firestarter

    Teen Witch
    Tango and Cash
    Mannequin
    History of the World, Part 1
    Adventures in Babysitting
    The Brave Little Toaster
    Crocodile Dundee
    Killer Klowns from Outer Space
    The Secret of NIMH
    Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
    Police Academy 3: Back in Training
    Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
    Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach
    Police Academy 6: City Under Siege
    Nightmare on Elm St. 2: Freddy's Revenge
    Nightmare on Elm St. 4: The Dream Master
    Nightmare on Elm St. 5: The Final Nightmare
    Friday the 13th Part 2
    Friday the 13th Part 3
    Friday the 13th 4: The Final Chapter
    Friday the 13th 5: A New Beginning
    Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
    Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
    Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
    Halloween II
    Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
    Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
    Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
    I think most of mine left were also on yours (7), also had:

    Silver Bullet
    Children of the corn
    Brewsters Millions
    Wanted:

    'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606..

    Carrie 1st/1st

    Blockade Billy Lettered edition

  2. #752
    Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,211
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Well shoot, I guess I was too late.

    Anyway, here's what I had left on my list in no particular order. Nothing really ground-breaking IMO.

    Look Who's Talking
    The Karate Kid 2
    The Karate Kid 3
    Flight of the Navigator
    Lady in White
    The Wizard
    Wildcats
    Back to School
    Spies Like Us
    Mickey's Christmas Carol
    Howard the Duck
    Cat's Eye
    Firestarter
    Teen Witch
    Tango and Cash
    Mannequin
    History of the World, Part 1
    Adventures in Babysitting
    The Brave Little Toaster
    Crocodile Dundee
    Killer Klowns from Outer Space
    The Secret of NIMH
    Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
    Police Academy 3: Back in Training
    Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
    Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach
    Police Academy 6: City Under Siege
    Nightmare on Elm St. 2: Freddy's Revenge
    Nightmare on Elm St. 4: The Dream Master
    Nightmare on Elm St. 5: The Final Nightmare
    Friday the 13th Part 2
    Friday the 13th Part 3
    Friday the 13th 4: The Final Chapter
    Friday the 13th 5: A New Beginning
    Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
    Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
    Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
    Halloween II
    Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
    Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
    Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
    I think most of mine left were also on yours (6), also had:

    Silver Bullet
    Children of the corn
    Brewsters Millions
    Brewster!!! Dammm a wonderful movie!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  3. #753
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    7,770
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Yikes. Some real stinkers got in at the end.

  4. #754
    Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,211
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yikes. Some real stinkers got in at the end.
    ahhh like? I see a couple good ones there!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  5. #755
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,276
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Also, just to note, it took us 13 days to finalize the list, which is similar to the 1990s list (14 days). The 2000s took us just six days. For the 2010s there was support for increasing the amount of nominations, so that will likely take longer and we'll probably keep to the same waiting periods. But we have some time before having to really worry about that part

  6. #756
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    7,770
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yikes. Some real stinkers got in at the end.
    ahhh like? I see a couple good ones there!
    Kickboxer is terrible.

  7. #757
    Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,211
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yikes. Some real stinkers got in at the end.
    ahhh like? I see a couple good ones there!
    Kickboxer is terrible.
    ahhhhhhhhh NO. Van Damme... Bloodsport, Kickboxer and Universal Soldier. My favs.. BUT he has more haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  8. #758
    Rabid Billybumbler Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Well shoot, I guess I was too late.

    Anyway, here's what I had left on my list in no particular order. Nothing really ground-breaking IMO.

    Look Who's Talking
    The Karate Kid 2
    The Karate Kid 3
    Flight of the Navigator
    Lady in White
    The Wizard
    Wildcats
    Back to School
    Spies Like Us
    Mickey's Christmas Carol
    Howard the Duck
    Cat's Eye
    Firestarter
    Teen Witch
    Tango and Cash
    Mannequin
    History of the World, Part 1
    Adventures in Babysitting
    The Brave Little Toaster
    Crocodile Dundee
    Killer Klowns from Outer Space
    The Secret of NIMH
    Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
    Police Academy 3: Back in Training
    Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
    Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach
    Police Academy 6: City Under Siege
    Nightmare on Elm St. 2: Freddy's Revenge
    Nightmare on Elm St. 4: The Dream Master
    Nightmare on Elm St. 5: The Final Nightmare
    Friday the 13th Part 2
    Friday the 13th Part 3
    Friday the 13th 4: The Final Chapter
    Friday the 13th 5: A New Beginning
    Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
    Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
    Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
    Halloween II
    Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
    Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
    Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
    I think most of mine left were also on yours (6), also had:

    Silver Bullet
    Children of the corn
    Brewsters Millions
    Brewster!!! Dammm a wonderful movie!
    I can't believe I forgot that one. I know it crossed my mind when I nominated See No Evil, Here No Evil but I never added it to my list.

    The Toy is another good Richard Pryor movie that I forgot about.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

  9. #759
    Manni Folken Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    I like the Friday the 13th movies for what they are but 1 is not my favorite. Part IV is and there is a fan made copy that inserts all the cut material into it. A great watch for gore hounds like myself. But if you want to see that one, you have to uh "borrow" from the internet....Others in that series are really unwatchable but I know some will say they are all unwatchable. Che sera sera.

  10. #760
    Manni Folken Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Dang, forgot about Hope and Glory 1987. Oh well.

  11. #761
    Rabid Billybumbler Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode is a splendid one to behold Iwritecode's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Went through the list. I've only seen 104 of the 256 nominated.

    Of the 152 I haven't seen, about 60 of them I've never even heard of.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

  12. #762
    Manni Folken Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    I've got about ~25 I need to try and catch up on....

  13. #763
    Rebel Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,065

    Default

    Oh man, I completely forgot about Silver Bullet I love that movie so much.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

  14. #764
    Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Park, Colorado
    Posts
    8,053
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Kickboxer!! - VAN DAMME
    This tournament needs more decent action movies in it... SECONDED!!!
    Since when was this the decent movie tournament :p
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

  15. #765
    OnlychildIllinoisChicago Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    7,770
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yikes. Some real stinkers got in at the end.
    ahhh like? I see a couple good ones there!
    Kickboxer is terrible.
    ahhhhhhhhh NO. Van Damme... Bloodsport, Kickboxer and Universal Soldier. My favs.. BUT he has more haha
    Bloodsport is great.

    It's funny how the two most recent '80s films I watched for the first time both didn't get nominated - Silkwood and The Accused.

  16. #766
    Manni Folken Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Frances 1981 about Frances Farmer and starring Jessica Lange is another one I just thought of...great performance from her in that.

  17. #767
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,276
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Silkwood was on my list but I didn't get to it in time

  18. #768
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,276
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Went through the list. I've only seen 104 of the 256 nominated.

    Of the 152 I haven't seen, about 60 of them I've never even heard of.
    How is it possible to not have heard of an '80s movie? Of the 256 on the list I've heard of every one, but still haven't seen Pale Rider, Angel Heart, Summer School, The Killing Fields, and A Better Tomorrow, so just five. Hopefully I can find them streaming soon.

  19. #769
    Servant of Gan RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,980
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    There are a few on there that I haven't heard of either. Of course, I would guess that most of us haven't watched 251 80's movies total, much less just from this list. When do you sleep?

    For myself, I think I have seen about half of the list.

  20. #770
    Caution: eye irritant Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon has much to be proud of Jon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    10,778
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I can't seem to find it so I'll throw out:

    Stir Crazy (1980)

    Sidney Poitier

    Spoiler:
    “Give me the sense to wonder, to wonder if I'm free."

  21. #771
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,276
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    There are a few on there that I haven't heard of either. Of course, I would guess that most of us haven't watched 251 80's movies total, much less just from this list. When do you sleep?

    For myself, I think I have seen about half of the list.
    These movies are 40-30 years old so I watched most of them in the '80s and '90s for the first time, usually on TV or VHS.

  22. #772
    Manni Folken Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Silkwood was on my list but I didn't get to it in time
    I watched that one when I was way too young to see it and didn't understand what the hell was going on in it. Scared the shit out of me.

    I was the last of five children and by that time, my parents just didn't care I think. I was renting horror movies when I was 10 or 11 years old. I think I saw Silkwood when I was like 7 or 8. Not really a kids' film.

  23. #773
    Manni Folken Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Some of the ones I haven't seen are ones I know I won't like but I will make the effort. Good on you, Mae! Only five to see? wow!

  24. #774
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae has a reputation beyond repute mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    25,276
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Stir Crazy is a great pick, Jon, sorry you just missed the nominations

  25. #775
    Servant of Gan RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,980
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    There are a few on there that I haven't heard of either. Of course, I would guess that most of us haven't watched 251 80's movies total, much less just from this list. When do you sleep?

    For myself, I think I have seen about half of the list.
    These movies are 40-30 years old so I watched most of them in the '80s and '90s for the first time, usually on TV or VHS.
    I was half kidding. I am sure I saw a lot more 80s movies that aren't on the list (mostly kids stuff given my age.) So if you watched 250 of the movies on the list, how many that aren't on the list did you watch? 200 more? Spread over two decades, that is four or five movies a week. That doesn't even count the 90's movies you would also be watching. Even as a kid, I didn't have that kind of time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts