Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1980s

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I second Taps
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alien Nation (1988)
    Graham Baker

Watch trailer:

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

To whoever seconded Withnail and I, I think you! I was scared it wouldn't get in me thinking of it so late.

Nomination #18 - Ragtime (1981)
    Directed by Milos Forman

I wish I could second a movie, but I've only seen two on that list, and one is my nomination. And I don't remember The Fox and the Hound at all.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah there is plenty of great stuff on the not yet seconded list. Are we sure there’s nothing to second?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The only other movie I've seen is Revenge of the Nerds and I was like 6 when I last watched it. And I think it was the sequel I saw actually haha

Outside of genre films, the 80s are the decade I'm least versed in from the 70s-2010s.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate The Big Blue (1988 )
    Directed by Luc Besson
    Trailer

And some of these might be considered schlock but I still want to nominate:

Ladyhawke
    Mask
    The Witches of Eastwick
    9 to 5
    Witness
    Night Shift
    Purple Rain
    The Toxic Avenger
    Eddie and the Cruisers
    The Fog
    Night of the Comet
    One Crazy Summer
    Repo Man
    The Man with Two Brains
    Parenthood
    Modern Problems
    Endless Love
    Crocodile Dundee
    Enemy Mine
    Motel Hell
    Silkwood
    Grease 2
    Parents
    The Seventh Sign
    Mr. Mom
    Irreconcilable Differences
    Miracle Mile

Feel free to use any of these.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Silkwood is definitely on my list.

Country
    Country Flag

I will second The Meaning of Life.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I second An American Tail and raise another Don Bluth

Nomination #16 - The Land Before Time (1988 )
    Directed by Don Bluth
    I'll second The Land Before Time. It is too cute for adults but decades later it is still great to little kids (or at least for my son it was.)

Country
    Country Flag

And that leaves us with 30 spots available.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Witness
    Peter Weir

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Major League (1989)
    David S. Ward

Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I second Top Secret!

Nominate Ladyhawke

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Here's a little known war film that depicts the horrors of war in the face of friendship. Gut wrenching. A very early Mel Gibson in this one.

Gallipoli
    Director: Peter Weir
    Year: 1981

Spoiler:
    Second

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Major League (1989)
    David S. Ward

Spoiler:
    second
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Turner and Hooch!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Savage Streets (1984)
    Danny Steinmann

Watch trailer:

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Witches of Eastwick - 1987

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLs1y_KSTKk

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    To whoever seconded Withnail and I, I think you! I was scared it wouldn't get in me thinking of it so late.
    You're welcome.

Country
    Country Flag

I’ll second The Witches of Eastwick.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I nominate
    Blow out
    Brian De Palma
    Maybe not as great as Blow up, but it's still a good one. To me anyway .

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Mask (1985)
    Peter Bogdanovich

Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I nominate
    Blow out
    Brian De Palma
    Maybe not as great as Blow up, but it's still a good one. To me anyway .
    Second

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination 28

9 to 5 1980 Higgins

Spoiler

Country
    Country Flag

Dead Ringers (1988)
    David Cronenberg

Watch trailer:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast