Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite villain?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flagg (and his great deal of personalities)

39 41.94%
  • Blaine

13 13.98%
  • Gasher

3 3.23%
  • Tick-Tock Man

3 3.23%
  • Crimson King

3 3.23%
  • Mordred

6 6.45%
  • Rhea

4 4.30%
  • The Big Coffin Hunters

12 12.90%
  • Dandelo

3 3.23%
  • Someone else...

7 7.53%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Favourite DT Villain

Traveler Sunset is on a distinguished road

Farson, the good man.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

voted someone else
    Mi him entoi!
    TAK!!!!
    Tak scares the poo outta me
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally, someone else has voted for Dandelo!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Mordred, i actually liked the little blighter

Traveler Ozymandias is on a distinguished road Ozymandias's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Flagg. I just love that he's all over the place in different world's fucking up someone's life at all times. Different name, different time, doesn't matter.
    My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
    Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Oh nice! There aren't many people out there who like him. Why do you like him?

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

Flagg.
    He has messed up so many people's lives.

Traveler DonCarlito is on a distinguished road DonCarlito's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Big Coffin Hunters. Those three were a perfect match for the three young gunslingers.

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah... Big Coffin Hunters got my vote also. Especially because of Jonas.

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Along the Path of the Beam Atanóno Fána is on a distinguished road Atanóno Fána's Avatar

Missing you there Good man.
    No one else could defeat the very descendants of Arthur Elda. Such Red king dared to come out of Lee Case Roi Russe and Stephen King himself said that when someone directly confronts R.F., alias Walter Padick real, birth name, and collapses like a house of cards. I do not think that any bandit something even disconcerted by it. Mordred, though praised, failed to nothing (of course, had the opportunity, but still ...). Big Coffin Hunters are puppets. Blaine Mono for their "behavior" can not. Dandelo is even worse than Mordred, though its history is not known apparently. Rhea could "play a draw" with Hunters coffins. Gasher is completely out of the game.
    Unfortunately for others, destroyed Farson Mid-World, in fact practically suffered destruction All-world, which only allowed the Red King to start destroying Beams.

Gunslinger Apprentice pinkymcfatfat is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The Breakers...

Yeah, seems like an odd choice, but except for a very few of them, they are complacent with doing evil and also know, at least on some level, what the pills they took contained.

Even after the fall of Argul Siento a lot of them would have stayed and continued their work breaking the very beams of existence.

They aren't as flashy as other villians, but as a group, they are incredibly formidable.

Along the Path of the Beam Atanóno Fána is on a distinguished road Atanóno Fána's Avatar

Breakers are also the only success Red King.

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Flagg. I just love that he's all over the place in different world's fucking up someone's life at all times. Different name, different time, doesn't matter.

Love your sig Ozymandias I love that poem. Shelly is one of my favourites.

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Rhea she is just such an unremitting bitch! They way she manipulates people in Mejis and that cat ..... gives me the creeps. I liked how she faded out of the story a bit and then came back with a vengeance!

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I would have voted for the Big Coffin Hunters, but I have to give it to RF. The way that TMiB was featured in the first book was amazing. He was definitely my favourite above Eldred Jonas until
    Spoiler:
    he committed suicide by going to palaver with Mordred. I was not happy with the way he broke at the end like that.
    The only good thing that came of that, however, was when he explained
    Spoiler:
    how he escaped the Gunslinger during their palaver in the mountains by placing bones in spare clothes he had. That was absolutely brilliant!
    I think his cunning is the only thing that puts him above Jonas for me.

I do not think that something seriously Rhea manipulating people Mejis. Rather bargain for both "teams". She was at a time when the 4th place book, an old woman and the witch is written in the book that has many of the "alchemy" forgot. Otherwise it seems to me that between her and Coffin Hunters is a difference. As she, so they are underestimated and overestimated others. Just not meet with anyone face to face confrontation with her and Roland would hit just as the Jonas = death.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Blaine for me too.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Flagg. He's just so evil, ruthless, and loves spreading chaos and ruining people's lives...but hey, at least he has a good sense of humour whilst he does it!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    I would have voted for the Big Coffin Hunters, but I have to give it to RF. The way that TMiB was featured in the first book was amazing. He was definitely my favourite above Eldred Jonas until
    Spoiler:
    he committed suicide by going to palaver with Mordred. I was not happy with the way he broke at the end like that.
    DT7 spoiler

Roland would have understood.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    so I'm still the only one who voted for Gasher? He is in my top ten all time favorite characters in fiction.
    A woman after me own cold hard heart!

Gasher was my second fave character in the entire series (Oy first fave!). Not because he diddled little boys, but because he scared them shitless. Gotta love him for that...and...who the fuck doesn't love a pirate?!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    DT7 spoiler
    lawl@Flagg

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

oh my lord letti i am so sorry - i missed this question.

so some time later here is my answer....

i think modred had honour and goodness in his heart at the start. if roland had reached out to him the end of the story may well have been different. his jealousy of jake and the tet showed that he wanted to be part of the group which means that he had the capability for good. it wouldn't have been an easy to gain his trust - but when they did the help and assistance he could have brought would have been invaluable

the decisions made by both of his fathers put him on a path that i believe ultimatley he did not have to take.

i know a lot of people will argue this with me and say he was born to be evil and ka played a part, but i just felt really really sorry for him when he was trailing the tet, so for something to make me want to reach out and adopt him - that something made me like him.

hey, i adopted two feral kittens that spat, scratched and hated the whole wide world - would you say it was that much different? mordred was still a baby after all

Partially you are right. Mordred felt pity the loneliness. Still he was closer to the King of Discordie and Mia than when Susannah and Roland. Moreover, King of Discordie kept urging him, manipulated him, that he must kill a White father, Roland.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

oh my lord letti i am so sorry - i missed this question.

so some time later here is my answer....

i think modred had honour and goodness in his heart at the start. if roland had reached out to him the end of the story may well have been different. his jealousy of jake and the tet showed that he wanted to be part of the group which means that he had the capability for good. it wouldn't have been an easy to gain his trust - but when they did the help and assistance he could have brought would have been invaluable

the decisions made by both of his fathers put him on a path that i believe ultimatley he did not have to take.

i know a lot of people will argue this with me and say he was born to be evil and ka played a part, but i just felt really really sorry for him when he was trailing the tet, so for something to make me want to reach out and adopt him - that something made me like him.

hey, i adopted two feral kittens that spat, scratched and hated the whole wide world - would you say it was that much different? mordred was still a baby after all
    I'm happy you also think he wasn't born evil but I think your arguments don't make him much of a villain, do they? I had a hard time thinking of Mordred as a villain like the Big Coffin Hunters, Blaine or Flagg. To me, Mordred is just a lost soul and it shows what bad behaviour from the parents can do to a child because he was still just a child
    Spoiler:
    when he died

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

he is a villian -
    Spoiler:
    he killed Oy, and for that although i may pity him i will never forgive him

i just think he is a more rounded villian, some of the others above are pantomime villians, you boo and hiss them. They are too obvious for me, i like my villian to have depth and to understand the reasons they do things.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast