Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2618

Thread: Other authors you collect

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are a couple of copies of Cari Mora on eBay right now that have pictures of the signed page - there are definitely some small differences between the two, most notably the loop on the "h" in "Thomas". Also there are darker marks where the strokes would start and end and I don't believe autopens do that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cari-Mora-b...MAAOSwiFZc4B9O

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cari-Mora-b...sAAOSw3rJc5a--

FWIW Harris does have a very neat and consistent signature.

I'm still waiting on my copy but my current vote is that they are real sigs.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Just got my Thomas Harris signed Cari Mora from Alabama Booksmith. 99.99% sure it’s an auto pen.
    In case the eBay copies aren't representative: is there a particular reason you were so sure that this was an autopen (e.g., doesn't match a sig you already have, doesn't have impressions, etc.)?

Would be helpful to know if you noticed some anomalies!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Just got my Thomas Harris signed Cari Mora from Alabama Booksmith. 99.99% sure it’s an auto pen.
    In case the eBay copies aren't representative: is there a particular reason you were so sure that this was an autopen (e.g., doesn't match a sig you already have, doesn't have impressions, etc.)?

Would be helpful to know if you noticed some anomalies!
    The signature I have in mine is like smack dab in the middle of the FFEP, no real hard start stops or hesitations.

EDIT: Looking at the sigs on eBay there are some slight differences so I am thinking he probably did sign them. Will be interesting to compare to others.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had no idea that Goldsboro helped to put out a limited edition of Cari Mora:

https://www.goldsborobooks.com/produ...deluxe-edition
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Yeah, that page was hidden behind a password lock until today. They are now sold out.

It looks like a very nice edition. Did anyone catch the issue price?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting for my Harris signed copy. I did get this today! Heard the author is a jerk and got some no-name author for his publishing company's first big limited edition book but thought I'd give him a chance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Seemed like one copy of the limited CARI MORA was left, but I give up. I can not keep up with all these limited editions, and I am out of money...again!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Yeah, that page was hidden behind a password lock until today. They are now sold out.

HBJ
    195 pounds I believe.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ
    195 pounds I believe.
    It was £150. Source: I bought one

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

HBJ
    195 pounds I believe.
    Thanks for the correction! For some reason I thought I saw 195 on the goldsboro site.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

HBJ
    195 pounds I believe.
    Thanks for the correction! For some reason I thought I saw 195 on the goldsboro site.
    You did. It’s at £250 now for their last one.

Country
    Country Flag

Darn! Sorry I missed this one! There's one up on eBay already for like $600+, which is just too much. I like the idea and all the gold and I think it's a pretty book but with just a foil-stamped cloth binding I can't justify that much. Congrats to those who scored it at retail - that was a nice price

Country
    Country Flag

The signature I have in mine is like smack dab in the middle of the FFEP, no real hard start stops or hesitations.

EDIT: Looking at the sigs on eBay there are some slight differences so I am thinking he probably did sign them. Will be interesting to compare to others.
    His sig is one of the most neat and consistent I've ever seen - it's also one of my favorites. I appreciate a nice clean signature that I can read.

My Mood
    Inspired

I think it’s a little ridiculous that they are now charging a different price for the last copy of the same book they sold at 150.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

My books arrived. There are two distinct signatures. Like Tim says they are very nice looking signatures.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think it’s a little ridiculous that they are now charging a different price for the last copy of the same book they sold at 150.
    This seems to be more common in the UK than in the US. Some publishers release a limited run like this in batches, each batch priced higher than the last. So for example, they may have released Cari Mora in 3 batches of 50 copies each, 4 hours apart, at 150, 195 and 250 each, respectively. That's why when I looked last night, it was sold out, but then copies were available later at a higher price.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

This seems to be more common in the UK than in the US. Some publishers release a limited run like this in batches, each batch priced higher than the last. So for example, they may have released Cari Mora in 3 batches of 50 copies each, 4 hours apart, at 150, 195 and 250 each, respectively. That's why when I looked last night, it was sold out, but then copies were available later at a higher price.

HBJ
    That is a weird practice but I have noticed it on other books as well. Example is the uk trade limited of the Martian. Started at £9.99 and slowly went up before gb was sold out.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My signed B&N copy of Cari Mora also has a small, hand drawn picture of an owl in the upper corner. It's in the same ink as the signature. That gives me a bit more confidence that these are not autosigned. But who knows?

Country
    Country Flag

That’s cool. Signed and doodled

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    My signed B&N copy of Cari Mora also has a small, hand drawn picture of an owl in the upper corner. It's in the same ink as the signature. That gives me a bit more confidence that these are not autosigned. But who knows?
    That's awesome. Can you post a pic? I just opened mine from B&N, no doodle, but the signature looks real.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

couldnt see a Philip Pullman thread, but waterstones in the UK just announced a signed/limited of The Secret Commonwealth:

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the.../9780241414040

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Amaranthine Books (discussion about their editions of The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde earlier in this thread around here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...collect/page86

...and here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...collect/page91) have announced their two new editions of Dracula, which look spectacular.

There are two editions:
    - The "Transylvania Edition," of which there are 666 copies, selling for €299.00 (out of my range), and
    - The "Scholomance Edition" (Wikipedia kindly tells us that Scholomance was a legendary Transylvanian school of black magic run by the devil himself), of which there are 50 copies, selling for €749.00 (waaaaay out of my range).

The same book is used for both editions and looks like this:

...with some extras added to the Scholomance Edition. The book is covered with cloth that is the closest thing I've seen to shag rug used on a book (mmm, nice), and has glow-in-the-dark illustrations using phosphorescent ink (sounds cheesy but looks nice), black and gray endpapers, and a stake-shaped bookmark (ok, I found this a bit cheesy, but you can hide it if you don't like it).

The Transylvania Edition comes in a polyurethane slipcase they call "wood themed" (looks like wood in the photos, but I imagine it will appear a bit like paneling in person):

Here is a very short (0:15) video about this edition:

The Scholomance Edition "comes in a luxurious wooden box which contains real Transylvanian soil from Bran Castle in Romania" and has a title page which "features a title written in real blood of the creatives that worked on this edition, as one final tribute to the bloodthirsty Dracula" that was sealed after drying. You can see this edition here:

Here is a short (0:59) video about this edition [DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE SIGHT OF NEEDLES]:

Many more images here:

https://amaranthinebooks.com/portfolio/dracula/

"Making of" info here:

https://amaranthinebooks.com/the-making-of-dracula/

I would encourage anyone with the slightest interest in fine or interesting books to take a look.

(My semi-usual disclaimer: I have no connection, financial or familial etc., to Amaranthine; I just love their books (of which I sadly have none, as yet)).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nicely done
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I ordered a copy of the Scholomance edition almost as soon as I saw the announcement in yesterday's newsletter.

It was dispatched from Croatia this morning and is scheduled to arrive in the Netherlands tomorrow. These guys don't mess around...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I ordered a copy of the Scholomance edition almost as soon as I saw the announcement in yesterday's newsletter.

It was dispatched from Croatia this morning and is scheduled to arrive in the Netherlands tomorrow. These guys don't mess around...
    Please post pictures generously when you receive it! And I'll need to know what that fabric feels like. It looks fantastic.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast