Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 105 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2618

Thread: Other authors you collect

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Barnes & Noble is taking orders for signed copies of CARI MORA by Thomas Harris. I ordered one for $26.81. I hope it comes in good condition.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Barnes & Noble is taking orders for signed copies of CARI MORA by Thomas Harris. I ordered one for $26.81. I hope it comes in good condition.
    Ooh! Thanks for the tip. The guy doesn't write or sign a thing for years, and then all of a sudden a B&N signed edition? Interesting. Will be exciting to read something new of his.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes - thanks for the heads up! A Thomas Harris signature is a rare thing indeed (folks may remember that he would only agree to signed the lettered edition of Sub Press's Silence of the Lambs, for example) so a signed first edition at cost is an awesome deal!!

I can't imagine he signed more than a thousand or so, but I could be wrong... would love to see an official number if it exists...

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I bought Cari Mora, too. $20.30? No-brainer!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I don't really "collect" Thomas Harris, although I have 1st US editions of all his novels except BLACK SUNDAY, mainly because they were relatively inexpensive, but I went ahead and also ordered the UK forthcoming HC and PB of CARI MORA from the Book Depository. I have NO IDEA what the book is about ( and I don't want to know either), and it is VERY HARD not reading the darned synopses when ordering the book, but so far I have managed.

I found all of his books, with the exception of HANNIBAL RISING (which I still enjoyed, just not as much) almost impossible to put down after starting.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting this.

All I can see with that title is a Spanish anagram for rich love

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Looks like another one of those links that sort of "randomizes" itself and just takes you to the main site (hey, thanks for the ads!).

I love B&N passionately, but their website blows monkey balls (and if you want a laugh, look at the reviews for their app in the Apple app store); they are not helping themselves stave off defeat at the hands of Amazon.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Thanks! I bought Cari Mora, too. $20.30? No-brainer!
    Me, too -- what an incredible deal this was...discounted *and* signed by the notoriously reluctant Harris? Thanks to ur2ndbiggestfan for the heads-up on this!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Looks like another one of those links that sort of "randomizes" itself and just takes you to the main site (hey, thanks for the ads!).
    I just tried the link again. It took me right to the product page.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered my copy, excited for a new book from him, even loved Black Sunday, saw it as a young teen in the theaters.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always worry about autopen "signed" editions since the great Michael Crichton fraud many years ago. It seems odd for Harris to be signing these but who knows?

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I always worry about autopen "signed" editions since the great Michael Crichton fraud many years ago.
    That sounds like an interesting story. What happened?

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I always worry about autopen "signed" editions since the great Michael Crichton fraud many years ago.
    Back in the 90s, Alfred Knopf did a gift edition of Jurassic Park with a sticker that said "autographed." It turned out to be an autopen signature. A complete rip off that was eventually uncovered. Crichton should have been ashamed. I'm not saying that is the case here. But it always raises my suspicion when a best selling author does a mass signed book.

http://throwbackcollector.blogspot.c...t-edition.html

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Back in the 90s, Alfred Knopf did a gift edition of Jurassic Park with a sticker that said "autographed." It turned out to be an autopen signature. A complete rip off that was eventually uncovered. Crichton should have been ashamed. I'm not saying that is the case here. But it always raises my suspicion when a best selling author does a mass signed book.

http://throwbackcollector.blogspot.c...t-edition.html
    Even today some eBay sellers still argue it's an official signed copy. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful and nicely done product, but don't pay for the "signature", pay for the content. The clear dust jacket with the dinosaur on it is very cool and hard to locate without damage.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I must admit, I am suspicious of the piles of signed books that B&N make available each Thanksgiving. There are an awful lot of them, and while some are clearly hand-signed, others could go either way, in my opinion.

That hasn't stopped me from buying a signed copy of a book/author I really like, but I always have that gnawing doubt ...

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always worry about autopen "signed" editions since the great Michael Crichton fraud many years ago. It seems odd for Harris to be signing these but who knows?
    And you have to watch out for Margret Atwood signatures too. She invented the long pen so she could do book "signings" remotely. Hmph.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Along the Path of the Beam Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dan Brown
    Ken Follett
    Carl Sagan
    Diana Gabaldon
    J.R.R Tolkien
    The Harry Potter Series
    Neale Donald Walsch

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Dean Koontz,
    SK,
    Anne Rice,
    Jeffery Deaver,
    Piers Anthony,
    Ed Mcbain,
    James Patterson,
    Kathy Reichs,
    Janet Evanovich,
    John Grisham

and i'm sure there are more but those are the one i can think of off the top of my head

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New Thomas Harris novel out today! My audible download already done. There is a great NY Times piece on Harris and the book if anyone missed it.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    New Thomas Harris novel out today! My audible download already done. There is a great NY Times piece on Harris and the book if anyone missed it.
    I think I ordered 2 signed from B&N - anyone need a signed copy?
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Just got my Thomas Harris signed Cari Mora from Alabama Booksmith. 99.99% sure it’s an auto pen.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Just got my Thomas Harris signed Cari Mora from Alabama Booksmith. 99.99% sure it’s an auto pen.
    That sucks. I received my shipping notice from B&N. I ordered two. It still hasn't shipped though. My two signatures should not match exactly.

Let's compare signatures when I receive them. If they are all the same then we will have some confirmation of an auto pen which I consider to be fraud when selling a "signed" book.

If they are auto penned then I will resell them immediately or return them for a refund.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    If they are auto penned then I will resell them immediately or return them for a refund.
    The B&N price was a great price for the book, signed or not.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The B&N price was a great price for the book, signed or not.
    Right. I'll probably keep one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 105 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast