Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

lol you mean RSF? Screw him. He just came here to complain about everyone disliking his books.
    You got it. People dislike his books because they are overpriced shit.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

John F. Kennedy Sulla has a spectacular aura about Sulla has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    There were some very exciting news in today's Centipede Press newsletter. Fans of Frank Herbert and Arthur C. Clarke will be happy.
    Would anyone be willing to send me this newsletter? Did they allow pre-orders for those titles?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yes, he does. I've been paying off the Clarke book for several months now.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm embarrassed to say I can't even remember what ACC book it was. Hint?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Here's a hint - it's a devil of a story!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A coming of age, you'd say?

Here's a couple of pictures. The paperback on the left is a genuine 1st printing paperback, the book's original state from 1953 in almost bookstore new condition. The copy on the right is the one I first read:

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    There were some very exciting news in today's Centipede Press newsletter. Fans of Frank Herbert and Arthur C. Clarke will be happy.
    Would anyone be willing to send me this newsletter? Did they allow pre-orders for those titles?
    Dune won't be up for pre-orders until sometime this summer based on CP's previous newsletters.
    I've been anxiously waiting for it since I suggested it to him a few years ago.
    Mark Twain

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Dune won't be up for pre-orders until sometime this summer based on CP's previous newsletters.
    I've been anxiously waiting for it since I suggested it to him a few years ago.
    Same here. I figured if there was no news in the newsletter on Sun I would shoot him an email and see if there was any other news.

John F. Kennedy Sulla has a spectacular aura about Sulla has a spectacular aura about

Did anyone else here see this? https://dragonmount.com/index/events...tion_for_sale/ Is anyone here going?

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone else here see this? https://dragonmount.com/index/events...tion_for_sale/ Is anyone here going?
    I live near the North Charleston store, so I was planning on popping in.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

This illustrated Earthsea collection with art by Charles Vess looks amazing.. .

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...mpression=true

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed Night Film, so I'm happy to see that Marisha Pessl has a new book coming out.
    She has a book tour starting this Saturday.

http://marishapessl.com/tour/
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys heard about Brian Keene's accident? He is apparently quite badly burned...

Here is a gofund me campaign to help him
    >>> https://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=6055
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm finishing up Tim Powers' Last Call and wondering what I should read by him next (which won't happen for several months at the earliest, so do take your time considering your replies ).

I've researched a bit (Wikipedia) and see that LC is part of a series called "Fault Lines," but I can't tell if it's a series in the way I generally understand the word (I didn't see anything linking what little I read about the books, and I can't research too deeply yet as I don't want to spoil the ending of LC).

I'm not sure I'm for anything too sci-fi (I like some sci-fi, but the genre doesn't really light me up). I think Wikipedia mentioned that at least one of his books involves robots (although now looking for which one, I can't find it, so perhaps I am mistaken), and I am not really up for robots...

The Anubis Gates has been mentioned here, but I don't know if that's something to jump right into without reading any of his earlier work (or if TAG is part of a series, even an informal one).

Thoughts?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I have to admit not being much of a Tim Powers fan, but of the little I've read, I would suggest THE ANUBIS GATES for fantasy and DECLARE for his more mainstream, espionage/conspiracy-laced fiction. I've tried THE STRESS OF HER REGARD, LAST CALL, and ON STRANGER TIDES back in the day, but ended up bailing on all three and deciding at last that Powers just wasn't for me, even though it seemed like he should have been as I do really enjoy inventive dark fiction. But for whatever reason, he and I just don't click.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You are right that Last Call is the first book in the Fault Lines trilogy, and you are also right that "trilogy" is not a great descriptor for the series. The second book, Earthquake Weather, contains totally different characters than Last Call and the plot is not a continuation of Last Call. The third book, Expiration Date, contains yet another set of characters, but ultimately brings in characters from the first two books. The primary plot of Earthquake Weather deals with Scott Crane but he is not a primary character in the book. I enjoyed the whole trilogy but Last Call is the only book that I would call indispensable - it's one of his finest works. This isn't to say that the rest of the "trilogy" isn't good - it is! - but rather that Last Call is just awesome.

The Anubis Gates is my other most favorite Powers novel and it's not part of a series. There was a novella written much later that continues parts of the plot of TAG. I would highly recommend TAG, it's a really clever book.

I agree with RC65 that Declare is more mainstream, but all of his works have magical elements. One thing I really like is that the rules for his magic-type stuff remain pretty consistent throughout his body of work.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Cool, thanks.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Anubis Gates is a great book!

I've enjoyed most of the Powers that I have read. The standout exception is The Stress of Her Regard, which a lot of people seem to love.

Hunter

I received an e-mail from Borderlands to pre-order the next book in the limited series, but the LINK will not work. Anyone else have this problem?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. But it's up for order on the home page.

Thanks! I ordered it that way.

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Was able to pick up a lettered edition of Brandon Sanderson's "Snapshot".

Looks like MGM picked it up to make a movie. Sci-fi detective story, sounds pretty cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast