Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2618

Thread: Other authors you collect

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't say I collect the guy, but I just got my "The Sword of Shannara" by Grimm Oak and what a nice book. Really like the pocket for the map. Just can't decide if it really needs a dust jacket.
    Appreciate a well made book for a very reasonable price.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Can't say I collect the guy, but I just got my "The Sword of Shannara" by Grimm Oak and what a nice book. Really like the pocket for the map. Just can't decide if it really needs a dust jacket.
    Appreciate a well made book for a very reasonable price.
    Good to hear! I sprung for one of these as well. I don't really read epic fantasy anymore, but have a nostalgic soft spot for the Shannara books from my younger days, and, as you said- the price seemed relatively sane for the quality of the book. Glad you find it worthy.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

This looks like another winner from Folio. I don't have the LRP edition to check the number of Caniglia illos, but, hopefully, this will have them all.

http://www.foliosociety.com/book/EXC/exorcist

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The devil must have made them publish that edition.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Perhaps Brian Freeman has some insight on the Folio edition?

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    He had this to say at the CD forum in response to this comment: "The Folio Society now has an edition of The Exorcist, which appears to use the LRB artwork (it looks nice, but I still prefer the LRB edition)."

Brian said, "Yep, they do! Sometimes you will see other editions that reprint the artwork from a LRB or CD special edition. We never tie-up the artist's rights to their work beyond exactly what rights we need for our edition. It's hard enough to make a living as an artist without publishers reducing your avenues of revenue for no good reason."

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    He had this to say at the CD forum in response to this comment: "The Folio Society now has an edition of The Exorcist, which appears to use the LRB artwork (it looks nice, but I still prefer the LRB edition)."

Brian said, "Yep, they do! Sometimes you will see other editions that reprint the artwork from a LRB or CD special edition. We never tie-up the artist's rights to their work beyond exactly what rights we need for our edition. It's hard enough to make a living as an artist without publishers reducing your avenues of revenue for no good reason."
    Thank you for posting that. Yeah, I would say that if you have the LRB edition- you wouldn't need this at all. I don't have that one, so this looks pretty good for me. I'm still curious if the Folio will have ALL of the LRB illustrations, however..

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know folio sends out coupons sometimes. Anyone know of any that are out right now? My usual search avenues didn't return anything.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

For all of you Brandon Sanderson Fans, a very awesome project:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm still curious if the Folio will have ALL of the LRB illustrations, however..
    I can't say for sure because I own neither book, however:

FS says they have "13 full-page illustrations" (http://www.foliosociety.com/book/EXC)

...and the LRB Exorcist artwork page (http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/photo.../the-exorcist/) shows 13 images.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I'm still curious if the Folio will have ALL of the LRB illustrations, however..
    I can't say for sure because I own neither book, however:

FS says they have "13 full-page illustrations" (http://www.foliosociety.com/book/EXC)

...and the LRB Exorcist artwork page (http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com/photo.../the-exorcist/) shows 13 images.
    Well-spoted. Looks like it will have all of the 13 proper illos. But, the LRB also contains the signature sheet illustration, and the numbered edition cover art (with the lettered using one of the interiors as it's DJ cover, it looks like)..

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm really liking the FS Exorcist - and now I'm wondering why they couldn't have done just as good a job with their Shining.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I'm really liking the FS Exorcist - and now I'm wondering why they couldn't have done just as good a job with their Shining.
    I believe there has been a transition in the people running it. I don't know if there were some controversy or not about some folks preferring the older subscription model, and not really digging the NEW Folio- and, possibly, the kind of books they're doing now; thought I ran across something somewhere mentioning people grumbling about the FS venturing into the graphic novel realm with their rumored upcoming edition of Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell's FROM HELL comic book (the possibility of which keeps me awake at night anticipating just how great it could be..) In any case, they certainly seem to be really upping their game since...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really like their Hitchhikers guide series they just released - very well done. They have a new edition of the little prince which I'm thinking of picking up too. Now if From Hell does get produced all be over that as well. It would go great next to my other 2 HC editions (including one of the s/l copies)
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I chalked the FS Shining "failure" up to two things: FS has always varied their production styles widely, and my own personal taste (the fact is, as disappointingly flat, weak and uninspired as I find their Shining, many love it).

If you really want some fun, look up the online debates about FS' choice of illustrators (particularly the art (ahem) of David Hughes).

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Picked up two CPW III prints today that came with a remarque Both are from the comic Stuff of Legend. He wasn’t feeling well today so isn’t here, but he’s supposedly coming back tomorrow and I’m going to try and get on his commission list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I collect Robert B. Parker for a longer time, something new for my s/l collection..

Robert B. Parker - Double Deuce
    slipcased signed limited 65/135

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Hi
    Would anyone be attending the Jack White signings in LA or New York in November-
    readings and signings at Barnes & Noble at The Grove in Los Angeles on Saturday, November 4th at 2pm and at Barnes & Noble’s Upper West Side store located on Broadway and 82nd Street in New York City on Saturday, November 11th at 11am. Along with Jack, the book’s illustrator Elinor Blake (a.ka. April March) will be on hand for the signings and as a special guest DJ at both events. If there are would you be prepared to buy an extra signed copy for me in the U.K.?
    Thanks

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Hi
    Would anyone be attending the Jack White signings in LA or New York in November-
    readings and signings at Barnes & Noble at The Grove in Los Angeles on Saturday, November 4th at 2pm and at Barnes & Noble’s Upper West Side store located on Broadway and 82nd Street in New York City on Saturday, November 11th at 11am. Along with Jack, the book’s illustrator Elinor Blake (a.ka. April March) will be on hand for the signings and as a special guest DJ at both events. If there are would you be prepared to buy an extra signed copy for me in the U.K.?
    Thanks
    Cosign on this request. I'd love a copy here in Florida too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There were some very exciting news in today's Centipede Press newsletter. Fans of Frank Herbert and Arthur C. Clarke will be happy.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I think I'll spring for the Clarke myself.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I'll spring for the Clarke myself.
    +1

sk

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I want both of those Centipede editions!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    There were some very exciting news in today's Centipede Press newsletter. Fans of Frank Herbert and Arthur C. Clarke will be happy.
    I quite like the prospect of a nice Woman in Black S/L too.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I quite like the prospect of a nice Woman in Black S/L too.
    I was excited about the Woman in Black too. I rather liked that book!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast