Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Ooh, nice to see one here, and the first picture is especially good! Ordering that book was an interesting experience in and of itself...

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Ooh, nice to see one here, and the first picture is especially good! Ordering that book was an interesting experience in and of itself...
    Did you get one? What do you think?
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I never heard of Mark Lawrence, but that is a nice looking book. If I had time I'd read something by him.
    You should try him. He has two completed trilogies - The Broken Empire and The Red Queen's War and a new series, Red Sister, is coming soon.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I got one. I've been ordering Shawn's limited editions and think he does a nice job. Plus I love that he gives back to the author's charity of choice.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed with becca - enjoyed the broken empire series - have yet to unbox my lettered edition though...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    I got one yeah, and I'm happy with it. I think it was a good decision to bundle up the trilogy in one book, and I'm especially pleased with the decision to go with the traycase instead of the slipcase. I think the Broken Empire got a worthy treatment here!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone else collect/read Sanderson? I picked up White Sand and Elantris over the weekend and am thoroughly enjoying them. He writes in such an easy way that I can read for hours without tiring. Between Simmons, King, and Tolkien, this is a very needed break from the prolixity.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Shac does. I'm sure he'll chime in.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I read and collect Sanderson. He is a fine Fantasy writer A lot of his appeal is his ability to write quickly also. His Mistborn books are pretty good and his Stormlight Archives are supposed to be top notch. I haven't started them yet because they are supposed to be a 10 book series and he is almost finished with book 3.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I read and collect Sanderson. He is a fine Fantasy writer A lot of his appeal is his ability to write quickly also. His Mistborn books are pretty good and his Stormlight Archives are supposed to be top notch. I haven't started them yet because they are supposed to be a 10 book series and he is almost finished with book 3.
    My Grandson mentioned in passing that Sanderson continued the Wheel of time series.
    Has anybody read any of them, if so, are they worth reading?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    My Grandson mentioned in passing that Sanderson continued the Wheel of time series.
    Has anybody read any of them, if so, are they worth reading?
    I read them as they came out. I had actually wondered what would happen if Robert Jordan died before finishing the series. Sanderson did a good job in tying up most of the loose ends, since there were a lot of them.

I have never read anything else by him.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice ValHallAwaits will become famous soon enough ValHallAwaits's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Agreed with becca - enjoyed the broken empire series - have yet to unbox my lettered edition though...
    You could always send it here...
    I trade/collect lettered

ISO:
    Moorcock Elric Deluxe S/N
    Altered Carbon Letter X
    Wandering Star Leather/Deluxe REH

Trading:
    Fafhrd Deluxe S/N
    Fafhrd S/N
    Elric S/N
    Martian Chronicles Lettered
    Ender's Game S/N

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Does anyone else collect/read Sanderson? I picked up White Sand and Elantris over the weekend and am thoroughly enjoying them. He writes in such an easy way that I can read for hours without tiring. Between Simmons, King, and Tolkien, this is a very needed break from the prolixity.
    I've read most of the books he has written. I really like his style, it reads very quickly. Characters and interaction are a stong point. Try his "Legion" novella set, and, short story called "The Emperor's Soul". Novel wise, the Stormlight series is Excellent so far, "The Way Of Kings" is one of the new books of the nerd bible. Also read Mistborn series, I've read 1.0 (three books), as yeat to read 2.0 which takes place a couple hundred years after 1.0

As long as I'm talking about newer fantasy writers, try Patrick Rothfus, his first book is Name Of The Wind, followed by Wise Mans Fear. Both are fantastic.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Does anyone read August Derleth? Specifically, I'm looking for a collection of his horror material, if one exists.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to BOOKFINDER.COM & type in AUGUST DERLETH.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean have put Station Eleven up for pre-order. I gave it an honest go and gave up halfway. Others might find this information useful though.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Subterranean have put Station Eleven up for pre-order. I gave it an honest go and gave up halfway. Others might find this information useful though.
    Thanks. I loved this book!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any David Sedaris fans??? The family and I are headed to his book signing and reading in late June (25 June) down in Corte Madera - i had to buy 4 tickets to get us all in (each comes with a book) - so if any fans let me know - and we can try to get the copy inscribed to you and shipped out - just the cost of the ticket/book and shipping - so probably around $37 total
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

John F. Kennedy Sulla has a spectacular aura about Sulla has a spectacular aura about

Is there anyone here who can help me get a hardcover copy of 'Ascendant's Rite' (by David Hair). The ISBN is 9781780872063. It got released in november 2015. I have been looking for this book for a very long time, but I can't find it anywhere. Perhaps someone here could sell me a copy or knows someone who might want to do that?

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a heads up... VJ Books now has Brandon Sanderson's Oathbringer Signed up for pre-order..

https://www.vjbooks.com/oathbringer-.../sanoath01.htm

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Just a heads up... VJ Books now has Brandon Sanderson's Oathbringer Signed up for pre-order..

https://www.vjbooks.com/oathbringer-.../sanoath01.htm
    Brandon usually adds them to his store as well and you can get them inscribed if you are into that. Not always available in 1st printings so may be worth it to just get it from VJ

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Bird Box by Josh Malerman is getting a S/L treatment: https://darkregions.com/products/bir...july-11th-2017

The wraparound art is fantastic, the story is one of my favourite recent reads, but I don't know, nothing about this edition makes it worth $75 IMO, especially with a 500 print run.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems like a good enough place to post this. Looks like a nice book.

http://earthlingpub.com/jm_goblin.html

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Seems like a good enough place to post this. Looks like a nice book.

http://earthlingpub.com/jm_goblin.html
    I saw that too. Looks good

Country
    Country Flag

Cixin Liu's short story collection The Wandering Earth is finally out in hardcover. I'm not sure about the US edition but the UK one is available from the book depository.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast