Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 105 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone.

I read The Sword of Shannara when it first came out and read the series as they were written. I also read most of his other stuff. I enjoy it. It is fun.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    This seems to have been a low key launch, but Grim Oak Press are now taking pre-orders for the first 3 Shannara books

http://grimoakpress.com/2016/04/25/p...-shannara-now/

(the option to purchase a lettered edition was determined by a draw. Only the signed limited edition can be pre-ordered).

You can also choose to have the 3 books shipped in one go (if you wait till the 3rd is published in 2017) or one by one.
    As Shipping to the UK would be $49 a book individually or $86 combined, I opted to be patient and wait!
    I just checked my email and I was chosen to purchase the lettered editions. Now I have to figure out how to pay for them.
    Congratulations, Brian. I got lucky as well!!

sk
    I'm in for the Lettered as well

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post
    This seems to have been a low key launch, but Grim Oak Press are now taking pre-orders for the first 3 Shannara books

(the option to purchase a lettered edition was determined by a draw. Only the signed limited edition can be pre-ordered).

You can also choose to have the 3 books shipped in one go (if you wait till the 3rd is published in 2017) or one by one.
    As Shipping to the UK would be $49 a book individually or $86 combined, I opted to be patient and wait!
    I just checked my email and I was chosen to purchase the lettered editions. Now I have to figure out how to pay for them.

sk
    Great: congratulations!
    Now I only hope Grim Oak Press will be able to stick to their schedule and have the books out by the end of next year.
    The fact I have one of their books on pre-order for the longest time is not much of a reassurance they will.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

sk
    Now I only hope Grim Oak Press will be able to stick to their schedule and have the books out by the end of next year.
    The fact I have one of their books on pre-order for the longest time is not much of a reassurance they will.

sk
    are you waiting for Unbound? Me too...
    I assume the fact that the Shannara books are already written might help with these ones though!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sk

sk
    are you waiting for Unbound? Me too...
    I assume the fact that the Shannara books are already written might help with these ones though!
    No; the book I'm waiting for is The Unremembered.
    I asked shawn about the delay and apparently they had togo with another artist, which explains the delay.
    Unfortunately, the main reason i bought this book was.....right, the original artist.
    Oh well....

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No luck on the lettered for me, I did order each of the limited though. I also have Unremembered, Unbound and The Broken Empire on order. Hopefully he starts making some head way with his pre-orders pretty soon...

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've got a backorder with him too.
    Tried to order all three of the Shannara books at Grim Press but it wouldn't take any of my CC's. Ended up ordering the first book with SubPress. Guess they will offer them all as they are released...

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

No Shannara lettereds for me either, so I'll probably pass on the limiteds as well (all or nothing!). But perhaps it's just as well, I over-extended myself earlier this year anyway so it's good to regain balance. And I do have the Broken Empire coming my way so it's all good.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I picked this up the other day. 1931 Photoplay edition of Frankenstein. Dust jacket has a few issues (obviously) but sometimes ANY dust jacket is acceptable. I'm thrilled to have it in spite of the condition.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is really cool. I am thoroughly enjoying that DJ. So bright and fun for a sad book.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Grim Oak Press have announced Don Maitz as the interior artist for Unfettered 2 (purchase info to be released next week). This could be awesome...

http://grimoakpress.com/2016/07/12/u...tist-revealed/

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Any Tool fans here?
    http://loudwire.com/maynard-james-ke...coming-memoir/
    I would be very keen to do a deal with anyone who could attend any of these evenings. Unfortunately I am in the UK and cannot attend. I am a big fan of Maynard however and would die for a signed copy of his book.
    Jon

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was surprised to see we had no dedicated Ursula K. Le Guin thread, but these are some great-looking books coming out:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/s...ula-k-le-guin/
    Ursula K. Le Guin is undoubtedly one of the titans of science fiction and fantasy—indeed, perhaps, the most influential living genre writer. Her books—the Earthsea Cycle, The Dispossessed, The Left Hand of Darkness, and dozens more—have won countless awards and earned the respect of readers and critics both within and outside of SFF circles (an accomplishment, considering the literary establishment likes to pretend science fiction doesn’t exist unless the book has “Atwood” on the cover).

Today, Saga Press announced a trio of forthcoming books from the author, dropping between now and October 2018 (yes, 2018, but it’ll be worth the wait), that encompass the scope of the lauded wordsmith’s career. October 18, 2016 will see the debut of two collections of Le Guin’s work. The Found and the Lost is a comprehensive, never-before-assembled collection of all 13 of her novellas, while The Unreal and the Real, being published for the first time in a single, hardcover volume, brings together 39 of her most-lauded short stories.

Finally, in October 2018, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the publication of A Wizard of Earthsea, The Books of Earthsea offers just that: more than three decades worth of stories set in the archipelagos of Earthsea, presented alongside full color and black-and-white illustrations by award-winning illustrator Charles Vess.

“It took me thirty-two years to write Earthsea and then 16 more years to get it published as what it is, a single story from beginning to end,” Le Guin said. “Authors and wizards learn to be patient while the magic works. An author knows it’s working when it leads to collaboration with a wizard like Charles Vess.”

“Having the privilege to publish one of the world’s greatest writers here at Saga is an unending fount of joy for me,” said Joe Monti, editorial director of Saga Press. “This publishing program is a celebration of Le Guin’s writing, which will place many of her lauded works in formats that new readers can come to with a fresh eye and appreciation.”

We bugged Joe Monti into giving us a look at the confirmed table of contents for each book, and the material collected across these three volumes is, without exaggeration, nothing short of breathtaking for anyone who has ever been moved by the work of this master storyteller. Here’s what you’ll find inside…

Vaster than Empires and More Slow
    Buffalo Gals, Won't You Come Out Tonight
    Hernes
    The Matter of Seggri
    Another Story or a Fisherman of the Inland Sea
    Forgiveness Day
    A Man of the People
    A Woman’s Liberation
    Old Music and the Slave Women
    The Finder
    On the High Marsh
    Dragonfly
    Paradises Lost

Part I: Where On Earth
    Introduction
    “Brothers and Sisters”
    “A Week in the Country”
    “Unlocking the Air”
    “Imaginary Countries”
    “The Diary of the Rose”
    “Direction of the Road”
    “The White Donkey”
    “Gwilan’s Harp”
    “May’s Lion”
    “Buffalo Gals, Won’t You Come Out Tonight”
    “Horse Camp”
    “The Water Is Wide”
    “The Lost Children”
    “Texts”
    “Sleepwalkers”
    “Hand, Cup, Shell”
    “Ether, Or”
    “Half Past Four”

Part II: Outer Space, Inner Lands
    Introduction
    “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”
    “Semley’s Necklace”
    “Nine Lives”
    ‘Mazes”
    “The First Contact With the Gorgonids”
    “The Shobies’ Story”
    “Betrayals”
    “The Matter of Seggri”
    “Solitude”
    “The Wild Girls”
    “The Fliers of Gy”
    “The Silence of the Asonu”
    “The Ascent of the North Face”
    “The Author of the Acacia Seeds”
    “The Wife’s Story”
    “The Rule of Names”
    “Small Change”
    “The Poacher”
    “Sur”
    “She Unnames Them”
    “The Jar of Water”

The Books of Earthsea: The Complete Illustrated Edition (October 2018)

Introduction
    “Earthsea Revisioned” (a retrospective essay by the author)
    A Wizard of Earthsea
    The Tombs of Atuan
    The Farthest Shore
    Tehanu
    Tales from Earthsea
    The Other Wind
    “The Word of Unbinding”
    “The Rule of Names”
    “The Daughter of Odren” (never before published in print)

In November, The Found and the Lost and The Unreal and the Real will be published together as The Selected Short Fiction of Ursula K. Le Guin, in a handsome box set, suitable for any gift-giving occasions that might occur during the colder months of the year. Gifts for everyone on my list: sorted.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Any Tool fans here?
    I would be very keen to do a deal with anyone who could attend any of these evenings. Unfortunately I am in the UK and cannot attend. I am a big fan of Maynard however and would die for a signed copy of his book.
    Jon
    And i've read earlier today that Tool is very likely to release an album before the end of the year. It would last over 2h.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=pablo;1012228]I was surprised to see we had no dedicated Ursula K. Le Guin thread, but these are some great-looking books coming out:

A Wizard of Earthsea is probably my favorite book of all times. It pretty much opened my eyes to beautifully written books that were much more than the typical Forgotten Realms books I was reading at the time.

I'm sure I'll be picking up this Illustrated edition. Charles Vess is an amazing artist and I'm sure he will do these stories justice.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Any Tool fans here?
    Jon
    I'm a huge TOOL fan. I'll have to see if Maynard will be coming a little closer to Florida for this.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Any fans of Alphonse Mucha? There is a Kickstarter to fund a limited edition reprint of his masterpiece Le Pater.

http://kck.st/29bnAYo
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Any fans of Alphonse Mucha? There is a Kickstarter to fund a limited edition reprint of his masterpiece Le Pater.

Thanks Becca! I am a fan and
    Spoiler:
    Alphonse is my first cousin three times removed, so I have a few prints and books of his work. Looks like I am adding one more.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post

Thanks Becca! I am a fan and
    Spoiler:
    Alphonse is my first cousin three times removed, so I have a few prints and books of his work. Looks like I am adding one more.
    That is amazing!

Country
    Country Flag

We got this to cover an unsightly electrical box access in our new basement powder room...

Country
    Country Flag

Order Gris Grimly's new book Tales From The Brother's Grimm before July 26th and get a special frog king sketch on title page. $18.

http://grisgrimly.com/product/tales-...rothers-grimm/

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We got this to cover an unsightly electrical box access in our new basement powder room...

That's great, I love it.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post

That's great, I love it.
    Me too!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Alan Moore's Jerusalem coming out in September: https://www.amazon.ca/Jerusalem-Alan...WE2A2XVSGBWCZ5

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As anyone seen this video of Del Toro's collection??
    >>> http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/179...s-bleak-house/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 105 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast