Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 105 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    My Cabinet of Curiosities

Wow, Becca, that is AWESOME!!!!!!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    My Cabinet of Curiosities

Wow, Becca, that is AWESOME!!!!!!
    I know I am probably about to ask a really stupid question... but what is it? lol It looks awesome but i don't know what it is.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

It's the deluxe edition of Cabinet of Curiosities by Guillermo Del Toro. The book comes with a "cabinet" to house the book and curios.

You can see the description from the publisher here:
    https://www.harpercollins.com/978006...imited-edition
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on snagging that for a good price! Been on my radar for a while now too. As big a fan I am of Del Toro, I could never justify the cost.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Forbidden Planet had it on sale for £199 after the holidays. Keep an eye out, maybe they will drop it again.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is really fantastic, becca!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have something pretty special coming in the mail. Not really so much to do with the author of the book, but rather art from one of my all time favourite illustrators (never thought I'd own anything like this to be honest).

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I have something pretty special coming in the mail. Not really so much to do with the author of the book, but rather art from one of my all time favourite illustrators (never thought I'd own anything like this to be honest).
    Sounds interesting...its not coming from The Netherlands is it?
    Yesterday I thought I won a signed deluxe edition of The Art of Tim Burton on ebay for less than the original RRP...but the seller cancelled the auction today saying they sold it elsewhere. Furious! 1st time I ever left negative feedback :-(

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to say it's actually coming from Canada so shipping was free. Will hopefully arrive next week since customs won't be an issue.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

LOCUS has posted Forthcoming Books/Selected Titles of Interest to their website:
    http://www.locusmag.com/Resources/ForthcomingBooks.html

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well my newest prized possession has arrived, a signed and remarqued (though I doubt that term was utilized at the time) first trade edition of the Arthur Rackham illustrated copy of King of the Golden River (dust jacket intact, no price clip):

This edition has 4 colour plates (like the one above) and a multitude of black and white drawings. For those unfamiliar with Arthur Rackham, he's an illustrator who's style has influenced many modern fantasy artists (and others) and is most well known for his works with myth, legends and fairy tales. Some of his more famous works would be illustrations for Grimm's Fairy Tales, the Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Andersen, Alice in Wonderland, King Arthur and Wagner's Ring Cycle. He passed away in 1939.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow!! Congrats, man. I LOVE Rachkam's work. He was one of the best.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's truly awesome! Big congratulations!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Well my newest prized possession has arrived, a signed and remarqued (though I doubt that term was utilized at the time) first trade edition of the Arthur Rackham illustrated copy of King of the Golden River (dust jacket intact, no price clip):

This edition has 4 colour plates (like the one above) and a multitude of black and white drawings. For those unfamiliar with Arthur Rackham, he's an illustrator who's style has influenced many modern fantasy artists (and others) and is most well known for his works with myth, legends and fairy tales. Some of his more famous works would be illustrations for Grimm's Fairy Tales, the Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Andersen, Alice in Wonderland, King Arthur and Wagner's Ring Cycle. He passed away in 1939.
    awesome :-)

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is so cool! Congrats!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! I've seen some S/L's with Rackham's signature but I don't think I have ever seen his signature in a trade edition. And the little drawing is a real bonus!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Congratulations! I've seen some S/L's with Rackham's signature but I don't think I have ever seen his signature in a trade edition. And the little drawing is a real bonus!
    Yeah it's possible to track down his sig in S/L's, he'd made quite a few, and even a few in trade editions, but the drawing is the tough one to track down. Very happy to have it in my collection.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Yeah it's possible to track down his sig in S/L's, he'd made quite a few, and even a few in trade editions, but the drawing is the tough one to track down. Very happy to have it in my collection.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
    Congratulations! I like his work.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

I was a big Roger Zelazny collector back in the day; at one point, I owned all of his books in first edition, as well as a sizable percentage of his short fiction output in it's original magazine form. I still have a good bit of material, but most of the stuff with any real value is long since gone.

Picked these up yesterday:

In both cases, the full serial runs of the fourth and fifth in the Amber series. I still own sets from my original collection, but I bought these for resale as they are in remarkably solid condition (for 40-year-old, cheaply produced and printed magazines!), free of address stickers and with excellent color to the covers.

Country
    Country Flag

I saw that Grim Oak Press are preparing a s/l set for The Shannara Chronicles, with an interesting lottery for those wanting a lettered edition! (and apparantly if the first set go well, they will look to continue the series)
    I have a feeling this might become quite collectible (especially the lettered)

info: http://grimoakpress.com/2016/03/29/d...ited-editions/

LEATHER-BOUND SHANNARA TRILOGY PUBLISHING FROM GRIM OAK

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MARCH 29, 2016 – SEATTLE, WA – Grim Oak Press is excited to announce it will be producing high-quality, leather-bound editions of the original Shannara novels by Terry Brooks, including his influential writing guide and memoir, Sometimes the Magic Works.

In 1977 under the direction of esteemed editor Lester del Rey, Ballantine Books published The Sword of Shannara. The epic fantasy novel spent more than five months on the New York Times bestseller list, proving the commercial viability of the fantasy genre. The Elfstones of Shannara followed in 1982 and The Wishsong of Shannara finished the original trilogy in 1985, both bestsellers.

Sometimes the Magic Works: Lessons from a Writing Life published in 2003. It contains writing advice from the bestseller author, shared using experiences from his life.

Long-time Brooks fan and Grim Oak Press founder Shawn Speakman is thrilled about the project. “Ever since I was a teenager, I have wanted beautiful leather-bound editions of Terry’s Shannara novels on my shelves. To get the chance to create them while he guides the process is a dream come true.”

Brooks is also enthusiastic about the project. “I was a little hesitant about the need for leather-bound editions of my books, but reader demand has convinced me to reconsider. I collect, as I am sure many of them do. I look forward to having these on my shelves.”

Grim Oak Press recently published Unbound, a sci-fi/fantasy anthology. Other forthcoming projects include limited editions of The Broken Empire by Mark Lawrence and The Unremembered by Peter Orullian. Unfettered II, the sequel to 2013’s bestselling anthology Unfettered, is forthcoming later in 2016.

The Shannara trilogy will feature beautiful interior illustrations by Marc Simonetti. Nate Taylor, who has worked with author Patrick Rothfuss on numerous projects, will be contributing interior illustrations for Sometimes the Magic Works.

The Sword of Shannara and Sometimes the Magic Works will publish in late 2016. The remaining two books will follow in 2017.

To view more details, visit www.grimoakpress.com.

Nothing to do with book collecting, but an inspirational article that I think will ring some bells with readers here.
    http://intelligentcollector.com/doct...g16--tem033016

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mkberger View Post
    Nothing to do with book collecting, but an inspirational article that I think will ring some bells with readers here.
    http://intelligentcollector.com/doct...g16--tem033016
    Nice article. Thanks! I especially liked this quote:

"Remember my mantra: Buy the very best, stretch to buy it. It means if you can’t afford to buy it, buy it anyway.”

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was struck by that quote as well. It almost made me buy the signed GM proofs but still found the willpower to resist.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    I saw that Grim Oak Press are preparing a s/l set for The Shannara Chronicles, with an interesting lottery for those wanting a lettered edition! (and apparantly if the first set go well, they will look to continue the series)
    I have a feeling this might become quite collectible (especially the lettered)

info: http://grimoakpress.com/2016/03/29/d...ited-editions/

LEATHER-BOUND SHANNARA TRILOGY PUBLISHING FROM GRIM OAK

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MARCH 29, 2016 – SEATTLE, WA – Grim Oak Press is excited to announce it will be producing high-quality, leather-bound editions of the original Shannara novels by Terry Brooks, including his influential writing guide and memoir, Sometimes the Magic Works.

In 1977 under the direction of esteemed editor Lester del Rey, Ballantine Books published The Sword of Shannara. The epic fantasy novel spent more than five months on the New York Times bestseller list, proving the commercial viability of the fantasy genre. The Elfstones of Shannara followed in 1982 and The Wishsong of Shannara finished the original trilogy in 1985, both bestsellers.

Sometimes the Magic Works: Lessons from a Writing Life published in 2003. It contains writing advice from the bestseller author, shared using experiences from his life.

Long-time Brooks fan and Grim Oak Press founder Shawn Speakman is thrilled about the project. “Ever since I was a teenager, I have wanted beautiful leather-bound editions of Terry’s Shannara novels on my shelves. To get the chance to create them while he guides the process is a dream come true.”

Brooks is also enthusiastic about the project. “I was a little hesitant about the need for leather-bound editions of my books, but reader demand has convinced me to reconsider. I collect, as I am sure many of them do. I look forward to having these on my shelves.”

Grim Oak Press recently published Unbound, a sci-fi/fantasy anthology. Other forthcoming projects include limited editions of The Broken Empire by Mark Lawrence and The Unremembered by Peter Orullian. Unfettered II, the sequel to 2013’s bestselling anthology Unfettered, is forthcoming later in 2016.

The Shannara trilogy will feature beautiful interior illustrations by Marc Simonetti. Nate Taylor, who has worked with author Patrick Rothfuss on numerous projects, will be contributing interior illustrations for Sometimes the Magic Works.

The Sword of Shannara and Sometimes the Magic Works will publish in late 2016. The remaining two books will follow in 2017.

To view more details, visit www.grimoakpress.com.
    Thanks for the heads up on this. I've never heard of the press. I loved those original 3 Shannara books when they came out- I was the right age (teen) at the time, and they came along after I had read Tolkien to death, over and over. Although not as good as Tolkien- nobody was/is in that genre- they were a fun distraction. Although I don't read this kind of Fantasy anymore- I just may bite on a set for nostalgia's sake. Thanks again for the post.

Ron

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I might buy these. They look pretty nice and the price isn't bad.

I read the Shannara series as they came out.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 105 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast