Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful editions - thanks for taking the time to show them, appreciate it.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

The only copy of Dracula I have is this one. Pretty cool presentation. Not sure if you have this one Bob but seeing as you have the real deal you probably don't need it.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bob, that is awesome!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I read SPOCK MUST DIE, too!

Roald Dahl was my earliest absolutely favorite author. I wish I had known I could write to him and tell him. At that young age, it never occurred to me that was possible. Yet I've never read his short stories.

I love seeing Bob's DRACULA collection. Those Ballet editions are sweet. Love the artwork.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing Dracula collection Bob!

Patrick, if you Google Dahl letters and look at images, you'll see more examples. One of them became famous for a time known as the "Dream in a bottle letter" which you should also find online or see post #130 in my collection thread.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I sold all my Simmons books a couple years back and now I'm rebuilding the collection. I'm also slowly working on Harlan Ellison, Gene Wolfe, and Charles Grant collections too. My family isn't impressed. Except the cat, she digs all the empty shipping boxes.

No more misguided attempts at downsizing.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    Do you have a photo, on the site, of your Dracula collection?
    I just took these. The shelves (like most of my collection right now) are poorly tended. I am running out of shelf space and now just place newer acquisitions on top of other books. I need to work on these shelves but this will give you an idea of my Dracula collection.

The first two photos are of the top shelf and start on the left with the (now traycased) first edition by Constable in 1897, followed by the first US edition in 1899 and going through (roughly) the late 1920's.

Late 1920's through the late 1960's.

1970's through 2001.

Various unsorted later editions.

There are a few others scattered throughout the house but this is the bulk of the Dracula editons that I have. The Centipede Press editions are in another room on the only shelf I have that can accommodate huge books.

Dracula has been in print continuously since 1897. Collecting every edition is next to impossible. I collect the high points and editions I find interesting in one way or another, but this is nowhere near a complete collection. I would be happy to answer questions if you see a book in a picture and want some more information.

The "MOST COMPREHENSIVE DRACULA COLLECTION" I've ever seen.
    Spoiler:
    Check with my WIDOW.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as you know is this the only DRACULA 1958 (HORROR of DRACULA ) tie-in book?

also interesting Dracula simplified by John Turvey (with photos)1978 & retelling by Gerald Savory 1977 both U.K.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    As far as you know is this the only DRACULA 1958 (HORROR of DRACULA ) tie-in book?
    As far as I know, yes. That particular edition is special to me. I ordered a copy at my local drugstore in 1960 or so. They had a nice paperback rack and said they could order a copy of Dracula for me. I was about 10 years old. A few weeks later (things sure took a long time back then) they called and I got on my bicycle to pick it up and it was that edition. It was my first reading of Dracula and that edition remains special to me. Just looking at the cover brings back great memories.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love seeing the DRACULA books !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

quick question - what do you think of the Folio Society edition?
    I have been looking for a nice dracula editon and as the centipede press one rarely turns up I was thinking of picking this one up as a cheaper alternative! (and its still easy to obtain direct from Folio here in the UK!).

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    quick question - what do you think of the Folio Society edition?
    I have been looking for a nice dracula editon and as the centipede press one rarely turns up I was thinking of picking this one up as a cheaper alternative! (and its still easy to obtain direct from Folio here in the UK!).
    I think it is a very nice production. Abigail Rorer did eight or nine illustrations for the book (published in 2008, I think) and they are well done.

Speaking of the Folio edition here is something I came across on eBay about a year and a half ago. I think I have posted these pictures before (maybe in this thread?). Anyway it is a special edition of the Folio Society edition put out by the artist herself at the Lone Oak Press. One of five copies (this is copy III of V) in a boxed set containing a signed (by Rorer) copy of the Folio Society book along with a portfolio of the illustrations (each signed and numbered by Rorer). I contacted the artist after I had bought it to see what it originally sold for. It was $800 and I felt lucky to have gotten it on eBay for considerably less.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

John

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, you make me want to collect Dracula books! I've been eyeing the Easton Press Rick Berry edition since it was released. Do you have that copy and would you recommend it?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Bob, you make me want to collect Dracula books! I've been eyeing the Easton Press Rick Berry edition since it was released. Do you have that copy and would you recommend it?
    I have one and I like it a lot. Not everyone loves Rick Berry's art though. Some paintings in this edition are fantastic, IMO. Others I don't really get but he is definitely very talented. At $276 it is an expensive volume but it has a nice look and feel. I think it is worth the price.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I have one and I like it a lot. Not everyone loves Rick Berry's art though. Some paintings in this edition are fantastic, IMO. Others I don't really get but he is definitely very talented. At $276 it is an expensive volume but it has a nice look and feel. I think it is worth the price.
    Thanks. The price is the reason I held back but I love Rick Berry's work. I might have to get myself a Valentine's gift. I've been very good to myself lately. Haha.

I am in the minority (at least I think I am) in that I think Red Dragon by Thomas Harris is a better book than Silence of the Lambs. I put Red Dragon in my (ever evolving) top 10 books that I have ever read. Silence of the Lambs is really good too and is much more well known. The sequel Hannibal was pretty good. Hannibal Rising was too weird and unbelievable for me and I didn't like it at all. I've been after the prepublication states of Red Dragon for a while.

There is an advance reading copy with pictorial wrappers that is really easy to find.

The proof that preceded the ARC is not at all easy to find. I searched a long time to find one.

Today I completed the trifecta. Finally acquiring the UK proof by The Bodley Head. This one was tough.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's impressive Bob. Congratulations on bringing all three states together!

Country
    Country Flag

Nice Bob!

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I am in the minority (at least I think I am) in that I think Red Dragon by Thomas Harris is a better book than Silence of the Lambs. I put Red Dragon in my (ever evolving) top 10 books that I have ever read. Silence of the Lambs is really good too and is much more well known. The sequel Hannibal was pretty good. Hannibal Rising was too weird and unbelievable for me and I didn't like it at all. I've been after the prepublication states of Red Dragon for a while.

There is an advance reading copy with pictorial wrappers that is really easy to find.

The proof that preceded the ARC is not at all easy to find. I searched a long time to find one.

Today I completed the trifecta. Finally acquiring the UK proof by The Bodley Head. This one was tough.
    Agree on Red Dragon (the book).

Though the classic Manhunter (the movie) was better than Red Dragon (the movie).

p.s. ....even with the exact same plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, Bob!

John

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, I absolutely love the Dracula collection! Very jealous!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quick question about Easton Press: do they update the copyright page with new printing information or do they simply keep their books in press constantly until there's no more demand? What I mean is, I just noticed Ender's Game is available again but if it says something like 16th printing on it, that's a total buzz-kill.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure about the copyright page - but on their listing they say the book is 248 pages and mine only has 226 pages, so something is different.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast