Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 105 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It was the variant pictorial cover

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it's the variant pictorial cover. If I had the orange GUNSLINGER proof you guys would have been the first to know!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...and I'm just guessing, but you probably wouldn't be rushing to sell that particular proof.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel better now.

John

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I need both the ARC Variant and the Orange, so I'm still peeved ... either way I hate missing out on something by minutes! If only I hadn't been spending quality Sunday with my son and was glued to the computer like a good Calvin instead

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    That does seem too pricey. I'll pass, although I'm a bit of a Dan Simmons fan.

John
    As a Looong time Simmons collector, I am passing on this as well. And I really hope more people do. I love Subpress, but the totally unjustified higher prices 'just because' trend is really irking me. I made a decision awhile ago to vote my displeasure with these hiked up prices- with my wallet- even if it means missing out. Unless you are going to make a truly unique, special edition- count me out at $125.00. I'll be very happy with a signed first trade, which can be had at under $30.00 upon release- just like I have with the last three Simmons books. All very nice trade editions.

Ron

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've done exactly the same thing--I got signed trade copies for the retail price of the last three books, The Terror, Drood and Black Hills. I just can't justify spending too much money on Simmons' signed limiteds, no matter how much I enjoy his writing.

John

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The sucky part is that "voting with your wallet" doesn't have any effect when the editions sell out pre-publication. The previous SubPress Simmons S/L sold for $80 with a 500 copy print run. With the exception of Black Hills, they are all sold out. I have a hard time believing that with a new SF title, which he has not done for a while, a $125 book with a print run half the size will not sell out very quickly. I'd be surprised if it lasts a week after it is announced via the newsletter.

Not that I disagree with you in principal.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Oh, you're absolutely right- they do indeed sell out and my boycott is meaningless. However, I can't help but wonder if the fact that the last few titles consistently trade at less than retail value on the secondary market might be some kind of indication of a Simmons Subpress Apathy setting in! Ahh, probably not, but the books just don't seem to have any.... inherent interest in being an $80.00 book, anything beyond being "the limited edition", if that makes any sense.

In any case, I'm sticking to my guns- until they announce the next way overpriced Gaiman book, where the bastards know they have me by the shorts and I will probably drop whatever I have to.

Ron

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    In any case, I'm sticking to my guns- until they announce the next way overpriced Gaiman book, where the bastards know they have me by the shorts and I will probably drop whatever I have to.

Ron
    Well, at least the production values on the Gaiman's come *closer* to matching their price range...

My Mood
    Relaxed

Very true, and good point.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I contacted SubPress a while ago and recommended they do Summer of Night limted edition. Response was open minded but I doubt anything will come of it.

My Mood
    Relaxed

That's an interesting (and unbelievably obvious to me in hindsight!), choice. That's certainly one of my favorites, and I'd love to see a deluxe edition of it. But something more along the lines of The Wolf's Hour in price and format.

Ron

P.S. As an aside, I recently recommended to Bill that he should JUMP on the limited rights to the upcoming Kim Newman ANNO DRACULA reissues, which are set to be published in paperback in the UK. The 3 existing books (Bonus material including new stories, novellas, etc. are being included in each book) leading up to the LOOOONG awaited final book JOHNNY ALUCARD. I thought, especially considering Subpress' fantasy crossover roster that these would be no brainers and a PERFECT fit for Subpress. Bill said he didn't see it being right for him. I'm sure he knows what works and what doesn't, but are there any other ANNO DRACULA fans out there who want limited editions? I think the books are wonderful, myself.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

That's an interesting (and unbelievably obvious to me in hindsight!), choice. That's certainly one of my favorites, and I'd love to see a deluxe edition of it. But something more along the lines of The Wolf's Hour in price and format.

Ron

P.S. As an aside, I recently recommended to Bill that he should JUMP on the limited rights to the upcoming Kim Newman ANNO DRACULA reissues, which are set to be published in paperback in the UK. The 3 existing books (Bonus material including new stories, novellas, etc. are being included in each book) leading up to the LOOOONG awaited final book JOHNNY ALUCARD. I thought, especially considering Subpress' fantasy crossover roster that these would be no brainers and a PERFECT fit for Subpress. Bill said he didn't see it being right for him. I'm sure he knows what works and what doesn't, but are there any other ANNO DRACULA fans out there who want limited editions? I think the books are wonderful, myself.

Ron,

SON is one of my top 5 books and I would love to see it get the limited treatment. I had had also suggested it to Jerad at Centipede but he doesn't care for the story. Since I'm 0 for 2 with limited propsals to SK maybe I should try Mr. Simmons!

My Mood
    Relaxed

Ben,

If Summer of Night, and Salem's Lot are among your Top 5- well, you've got great taste, as they are indeed in mine as well. Would you mind sharing the other 3? If you're anything like me, I have a "Top 5" of about 10 different revolving books, depending on when you ask me, but Salem's Lot is ALWAYS there. As is Dracula.

Ron

Country
    Country Flag

Ben,

If Summer of Night, and Salem's Lot are among your Top 5- well, you've got great taste, as they are indeed in mine as well. Would you mind sharing the other 3? If you're anything like me, I have a "Top 5" of about 10 different revolving books, depending on when you ask me, but Salem's Lot is ALWAYS there. As is Dracula.

Ron
    Ooh, great idea for a thread topic! Top five (revolving or otherwise - I know exactly what you mean) favorite books of all time, not strictly King.

Mine:

Orwell's 1984
    King's IT
    Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo (the full 1000+ pg unabridged version)
    Ted Chiang's The Stories of Your Life: And Others
    Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray
    Zafon's The Shadow of the Wind
    Chaim Potok's My Name is Asher Lev
    McCarthy's The Road
    Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum

There are others I'm sure, these were just off the top of my head. But any given day most of my all-time "Top 5" come from this list. I've never read Summer of Night, but with that high of recommendations from at least two people, I'll add it to my list for sure.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ben,

Ron
    What about McCammon's They Thirst??
    I LOVE that book - maybe more so than Salem's Lot. Dark Harvest came with a limited, years ago.

sk

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Ben,

Ron
    Ooh, great idea for a thread topic! Top five (revolving or otherwise - I know exactly what you mean) favorite books of all time, not strictly King.

Mine:

Orwell's 1984
    King's IT
    Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo (the full 1000+ pg unabridged version)
    Ted Chiang's The Stories of Your Life: And Others
    Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray
    Zafon's The Shadow of the Wind
    Chaim Potok's My Name is Asher Lev
    McCarthy's The Road
    Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum

There are others I'm sure, these were just off the top of my head. But any given day most of my all-time "Top 5" come from this list. I've never read Summer of Night, but with that high of recommendations from at least two people, I'll add it to my list for sure.
    Great list! Very eclectic mix. I've only read about half of those, with Foucault's Pendulum being the one I've been most curious about for a long while. Someday, I hope.

In addition to a good number of our beloved SK titles, other (genre, at least) books that I'll always reread are 2 Simmons- SUMMER OF NIGHT, and SONG OF KALI (Brilliant), and 2 Tim Powers' ANUBIS GATES, and ON STRANGER TIDES (Fun!). Added Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS to the rotation right after the first reading.

Ron

My Mood
    Relaxed

If this works- first time attempting to post an image here- than you should be seeing a scan of the new Easton Press catalog, and what looks like a frigging AWESOME new signed, slipcased, limited of FAHRENHEIT 451! Yeah, it's not cheap at just under $200, but this is the kind of book that I don't mind paying $200 for. It looks uniquely well designed and executed.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Wow, that book looks HOT!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

If this works- first time attempting to post an image here- than you should be seeing a scan of the new Easton Press catalog, and what looks like a frigging AWESOME new signed, slipcased, limited of FAHRENHEIT 451! Yeah, it's not cheap at just under $200, but this is the kind of book that I don't mind paying $200 for. It looks uniquely well designed and executed.

Call me "sold". I would think that this one would retain it's value, no? I don't think I'm going to try and find it cheaper on the secondary market later. A signed copy of this book has loooong been on my Bradbury want list.

Swintek, congrats. You've just sold me on my very first Easton.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just ordered that one myself. This might be the first S/L I've ordered in 2 or 3 years and it looks a lot nicer than the earlier signed versions of 451 that Easton has published.

There are so many S/L versions of Fahrenheit 451 out there that they almost qualify as a hobby of their own. I think this will be my 3rd version.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Are there better secondary market choices for Easton Press books than ebay? Easton still has the set that I'm looking for, but I'd like to check prices elsewhere first.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just can't get into Easton Press books. I don't know what it is about them, but they just don't scream out "buy me". They all seem kind of the same. Leather, gilt edges, etc. Although, the 451 book does look really cool. Anyone here collect Easton Press?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 105 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast