Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice! I collect Ellison too:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great collection, ur2ndbiggestfan. I'm a big fan of his writing.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Either of you picking up the S/L of Deathbird Stories from SubPress? Looks like it will be a pretty nice book.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Wow... I bet. That collection must have been a sight to behold.
    I think right now I'm the most active Arkham collector on TDT.org. I've got most of the Arkahms from The Outsider and Others up through the early '80s. Some real treasures in there (Beyond the Wall of Sleep, A Hornbook for Witches, Out of Space and Time [CAS], The Dark Chateau [CAS], Spells and Philtres [CAS], Always Comes Evening, Dark Carnival,...)

I have a photo of my Arkham bookcase in my collections thread, if you are interested, but have not yet gotten around to giving this collection the full photo/documentation treatment as I have done with my King books. One of those things on my "to do" list.
    Sounds great! I'll check it out when I'm not at work one of these days.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I ordered all three states of DEATHBIRD STORIES, that's why my wallet's so flat right now!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Got this yesterday. Lettered edition of Dan Simmons' BLACK HILLS by Subterranean Press. Nice book. Sometimes less is more. Simple but high quality black leather.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Only ever read a single short story by Simmons, but that looks a quality made book!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the looks.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a nice looking book. How's the story? I was a big fan of The Terror, less so of Drood.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    Interesting news about limiteds of McCammon's older novels. The old Swan Song limited is a book that's been on my wish list for a long time. I just hope he stays focused on the Matthew Corbett novels. I'm crazy about those books. They are the best things he's ever written.
    I really agree with you about the Matthew Corbett novels. I've read them all twice and am getting the urge to read them again.
    McCammon is hard at work on The Providence Rider, the 4th Matthew Corbett book. He expects to finish it in April.

I'm not a big fan of these specialty presses and publishers doing S/Ls of older books. I don't know why but it just seems wrong to me. I especially find these "anniversary" S/Ls to be nothing but money grabs. Things like the 10 year anniversary GREEN MILE S/L and DARK FORCES 25th anniversary and on and on seem unnecessary and mercenary. I say give us something fresh and new and quit republishing stuff over and over.

I'm a big McCammon fan/collector. I will probably get the Subterranean Press S/Ls of the older books but I'm not jumping up and down with joy over being taken for yet another ride by another small press.
    A couple of points about this. There have never been signed, limited editions of Baal, Bethany's Sin, and The Night Boat. There was the Dark Harvest S/L of The Thirst, but it's not all that easy to find (especially for the casual fan who isn't interested in searching or doesn't know about ABE). And the only hardcover editions of those books were British hardcovers with small print runs. Again, not all that rare for the person who's serious about collecting, but still, imports that are harder for the casual fan to find. Of course, the same may be said about the upcoming Subterranean editions, but hopefully you can see the point I'm trying to make.

I think there will be a lot of interest in these S/Ls. I've certainly received tons of mail over the years from people asking for them....

"a good number of Rick's classic titles as signed limited editions" (all probably coming out within a month or two of each other).
    I doubt that will be the case. Subterranean doesn't like to release too many titles by the same author too close together (for exactly the reason you gave). I don't know what the schedule will be, but Baal is the only one planned for 2011. Of course, that's in addition to The Five (May 2011) and The Hunter from the Woods (late 2011).

Hunter
    Webmaster for RobertMcCammon.com

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to the books.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I really like Tim Lebbon. I have around 10 or so of his books and I buy a new one as soon as I finish reading one. They're all S/Ls but none of them are too hard to find so no pic, sorry.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I ordered all three states of DEATHBIRD STORIES, that's why my wallet's so flat right now!
    Nice! I'd like to order the S/L but just blew the same $125 entrance fee on the Deluxe S/L of The Windup Girl. Which I am glad I did since it sold out in about 10 hours. I was hoping that SubPress would have another 50% off pre-order sale as they often do... in which case I'd snap up Deathbird in a hurry. No luck yet though. Maybe I'll jump on anyway right before before publication. I'd like to add a nice S/L Ellison to my collection.

Otherwise, I suppose the trade will have to suffice.

Traveler vbull is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys,

I received yesterday 8 books of Centipede Press

Frank Bernap Long – Master of the weird tales
    Sword of the Lictor
    WFR #1
    The Hour of the Oxrun Dead
    The Sound of Midnight
    Nightwalker
    Cadaver of Gideon Wyck
    Deliver Me from Eva

Now I'm waiting for Chimera 1 to arrive next week and some Reggie Oliver books.
    I'll try to post pictures of my Centipede collection if some of you would like to see. I have over 60. I know Bob have a complete set and I envy you for your Deluxe ones, but is there a lot of you that collect them? I only started a year ago collecting Centipede except for Salem's Lot that I got when it came out.

Jerome

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Those are some nice titles. I especially enjoyed THE CADAVER OF GIDEON WYCK and DELIVER ME FROM EVA. Lots of good reading ahead of you.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The last couple of posts made me go to Centipede's website and admire the books. There are a few authors which I want to sort of complete first (in 1st/1st trade editions) but I can see myself getting into Centipede's books very easily.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Based on the one I have and the pics I've seen Centipede makes gorgeous books.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler vbull is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm into Sword of the Lictor right now, almost finished (got some BOMC copies to keep the Centipede ones mint). I really enjoy this series by Gene Wolfe so far, but I don't know if I'll read anything else of him later on. I have to admit that Centipede opened me up to some great books. Thanks for the recomendations Bob, I can't wait to read Deliver me from Eva.

Others that I really enjoyed by Centipede was The Sheep Look Up, Falling Angel, Slob and some Reggie Oliver shorts. there's like 40 some of them I didn't read yet... I'm a slow reader since english is my second langage.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    The last couple of posts made me go to Centipede's website and admire the books. There are a few authors which I want to sort of complete first (in 1st/1st trade editions) but I can see myself getting into Centipede's books very easily.
    That's the reason I avoid the Centipede site.

John

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Does anyone collect Clark Ashton Smith? I recently purchased volumes 2-5 of "The Collected Fantasies of Clark Ashton Smith" on sale from Night Shade Books.
    I used to read CAS, back in my teens, but other authors somehow replaced him.
    But, I do think I'm going to check out the Collected Fantasies you mention.
    If you are going to purchase all five volumes at once (advisable, as since I typed my original post, Vol. 02 went out of print as well) I'd recommended buying from Camelot Books who will sell you the whole set at retail price.
    THANKS for the link!!!!!!!!!!

sk

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I stopped buying Centipede Press books because they got too expensive. I have most of their early books but I couldn't keep up, so I just decided to swear off the books. It saved me a lot of money.

Nice! I'd like to order the S/L but just blew the same $125 entrance fee on the Deluxe S/L of The Windup Girl. Which I am glad I did since it sold out in about 10 hours. I was hoping that SubPress would have another 50% off pre-order sale as they often do... in which case I'd snap up Deathbird in a hurry. No luck yet though. Maybe I'll jump on anyway right before before publication. I'd like to add a nice S/L Ellison to my collection.

I have the Easton Press edition, which is signed. I paid $35 for it about a year ago, it's one you can usually find cheap on eBay. So I'm passing on the extra stories with the new Sub Press edition. I'm happy with my leather bound copy.
    Geoff

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I have a question I am hoping someone here might shed light on. You guys might have seen this book before, it contain a story by Stephen King. I picked up a copy in a local bookstore that contained 7 (?) signatures. Any guesses who those signatures might be?. I can't figure them all out by myself. The only legible signature looks like Nelson DeMille, but I can't be certain of that either.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    I stopped buying Centipede Press books because they got too expensive. I have most of their early books but I couldn't keep up, so I just decided to swear off the books. It saved me a lot of money.

I have the Easton Press edition, which is signed. I paid $35 for it about a year ago, it's one you can usually find cheap on eBay. So I'm passing on the extra stories with the new Sub Press edition. I'm happy with my leather bound copy.
    That's a pretty good price! Though I'd like to go the SubPress route for the "definitive" aspect of the collection (that and my unreasonable urge to own everything SubPress), I may forgo due to cost alone and in which case I'll take the Easton suggestion. I think a signed Deathbird would be a key addition to my signed SF collection goals. I'm trying to collect a signed copy of one representative work by as many of the SF "GrandMasters" I can get my hands on. I use that term loosely however to include not only the SFWA winners but those who clearly deserve the award but have not won (Delany, Wolfe, etc...) or those who no longer can win (Zelazny, Brunner, Dick, Sturgeon etc...).

So anyway, thanks for the tip!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I have a question I am hoping someone here might shed light on. You guys might have seen this book before, it contain a story by Stephen King. I picked up a copy in a local bookstore that contained 7 (?) signatures. Any guesses who those signatures might be?. I can't figure them all out by myself. The only legible signature looks like Nelson DeMille, but I can't be certain of that either.

The top is T. Jefferson Parker - to the right is Jan Burke - I'm guessing the one above Demille is S. J. Rozan - the Big L L may be Laura Lippman - Laurie R. King is underneath Burke on the right -- that's all I can get

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

The top is T. Jefferson Parker - to the right is Jan Burke - I'm guessing the one above Demille is S. J. Rozan - the Big L L may be Laura Lippman - Laurie R. King is underneath Burke on the right -- that's all I can get
    Underneath the LL is Thomas H Cook.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast