Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Other authors you collect

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I've only read Boneland by him. I liked it alot. I have a lettered of that one that was given to me.
    Who the hell who give away a lettered BLP Boneland?? 8)

I hope to make this one extra special soon.
    I think you might know the gut.

It is extra special as it is now.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I reckon I'm off topic in this thread.

I don't collect writers anymore, I collect publishers. I find it more personal. You get to know the people puiblishing the books you like. You also discover new writers, always a plus.

There is a lot of talent that the small press is bringing to the forefront of the horror genre.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only read Boneland by him. I liked it alot. I have a lettered of that one that was given to me.
    Who the hell who give away a lettered BLP Boneland?? 8)

I hope to make this one extra special soon.
    I think you might know the gut.

It is extra special as it is now.
    Haha! Good one my friend!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I reckon I'm off topic in this thread.

I don't collect writers anymore, I collect publishers. I find it more personal. You get to know the people puiblishing the books you like. You also discover new writers, always a plus.

There is a lot of talent that the small press is bringing to the forefront of the horror genre.
    I buy alot of anthologies myself to find new authors. I haven't gotten into buying from specific publishers, but some of the small press books I've seen are beautiful...obviously they put their hearts into making some of these.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunk! Great to hear from you! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Feel free to talk small press and their authors here. We can always split the discussion into a new thread later if warranted.

So which publishers do you recommend for people looking to expand their literary horizons?

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Hey gunk! Are you still focusing on artwork as well? Last I recall, you were selling off a majority of your king collection and buying a good bit of art.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Gunk! Great to hear from you! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Feel free to talk small press and their authors here. We can always split the discussion into a new thread later if warranted.

So which publishers do you recommend for people looking to expand their literary horizons?
    Thanks Patrick for the well wishes, all is well.

I have lifetime lettered subscriptions with Necessary Evil Press, Bloodletting Press and Cargo Cult Press. They all put out some fine presentations and best of all I don't pay for any books. I'll post some pics under collections soon.

Roy Robbins at Bad Moon Books has started his own line too and is getting some great authors in his lineup.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bast_imret View Post
    Hey gunk! Are you still focusing on artwork as well? Last I recall, you were selling off a majority of your king collection and buying a good bit of art.
    Majority of my King collection? Haha! All of it!

I have a pretty good Caniglia art collection, 10 original paintings and 28 lettered books with remarques in them that Caniglia did for me. As well as some miscellaneous etchings, artist proofs, and signed limited prints.

Oh yeah, and my son has an original inscribed watercolor painting that Caniglia did for him for his 10th birthday. Starting his collecting bug early.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For Brice, others who were interested, etc, etc etc....

It seems like a very cool book, and just from looking at it, the production values are there. Nice quality leather, think and fancy end papers, ribbon marker, better than average quality slipcase. Still bamboozeled as to whet urged me to grab this, but happy I did!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice book!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

If you rescue me

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the cover art. Looks great!
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This has been on sale for ages. I thought someone here might want it.

Candles Burning - Tabitha King - Proof for 8 bucks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TABITHA-KING-CAN...2em118Q2el1247

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received from Subterranean Press the S/L of The Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. This is a beautiful production. Sub Press have done a great job on what is a fantastic book.
    Unfortunately my camera's bust so had to use my cell phone, so the image quality is not great.
    The last image is a 'secret cover'. Printed on the reverse of the dustjacket, it's the book that the main character takes as his one choice from The Cemetery Of Forgotten Books.
    Attached Images

I've been thinking about picking that up. Looks like a nice production. The new Dan Simmons looks good too, I love the cover art teasre they put in their last newsletter.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Clacke, that "secret cover" is a very cool idea.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

I don't so much collect authors, more so I have a bunch that I really like and read anything they will put out. I'll always buy and read Stephen King, Nick Hornby, Crhis Moore and William Goldman.

I guess I collect books on Tim Burton and his films.

Oh, and Star Wars books.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Clacke View Post
    Just received from Subterranean Press the S/L of The Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. This is a beautiful production. Sub Press have done a great job on what is a fantastic book.
    Unfortunately my camera's bust so had to use my cell phone, so the image quality is not great.
    The last image is a 'secret cover'. Printed on the reverse of the dustjacket, it's the book that the main character takes as his one choice from The Cemetery Of Forgotten Books.
    Looks very cool.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

This is something I realized I had today... it's quite cool - but I am sure there are THOUSANDS out there.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I may have shown you guys this before. The movie is coming out soon.

Truly remarkable book.

Last edited by Dolan; 01-14-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: uploading better image

I also collect Tad Williams. My goal after I finish the DT set I'm working on is to round out my Tad Williams collection with 1st editions where I'm missing them, probably focusing signed copies. His books are also what turned me on to Michael Whelan's artwork, since Michael's done a vast majority of Tad's cover art.

Actually, my 1st edition of Otherland: Vol 2 is signed, but not by Tad! It's actually signed by the members of a Georgia-based band named Soul Miner's Daughter. I used to attend a ton of their shows around Atlanta and Athens when I was in college, but they fell apart some years back.

They showed up to play a little event in my dorm's courtyard one day while I was outside reading the book, so after the set I had them sign it, since it was the only thing I had on me for them to sign. Nothing big at the time, but I liked them alot and they were stoked cause no one had ever asked them to sign a book before

However, the twist is that one of the members of Soul Miner's actually did manage to go on to success after the band broke up. She's now the Grammy award winning lead singer for Sugarland: Jennifer Nettles.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    This is something I realized I had today... it's quite cool - but I am sure there are THOUSANDS out there.

Yes, but NOT with a signed, personalized first edition of Dreams of My Father! Bastard-o! Haha...

I have a signed, personalized copy too, but it's not a first...only a difference of about...oh....$10,000!

I recall you being a big Hillary fan...she signed a book for me...best signature of any politician, my name and everything.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Rahfa and Dolan. Hey Dolan, THE ROAD is a great book! Of course we can count on you to own an uncorrected proof. Impressive.

bast, that's a great story.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice proof, Dolan. I'm reading "All the Pretty Horses" right now and loving it.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got my limited edition (not one of the $750 deluxe ones) of Fifty-To-One by Charles Ardai a few minutes ago. A very nice presentation. It's #39 of 500.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast