Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Other authors you collect

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would it be possible for us to get a peek inside that book? I love old books.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A friend's grandmother has several books from the 1820s. They're in immaculate condition. I wonder what those bastards could fetch.

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

i stopped at books a million today to pick up a copy of Just After Sunset, and decided to look around at the copies of Edgar Sawtelle. Suprisingly, after finding nothing but Oprah editions on the shelves, i happened across a giant stack of 20 or so on the floor behind a stack of James Patterson books. I kneeled down under the table, and there in the stack, about 7 from the bottom was the telltale ragged page edges of the true first ed. I dismantled the stack and sure enough, there it was, and the dust jacket was actually in good condition! And it qualified for the 40% off that they had the Oprah ed on sale for! Score

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotta love stories like that! Congrats on your discount-priced 1st edition.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For any Tabitha King fans out there, I have two BCE reading copies listed on DTBAY.
    Mark Twain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    For any Tabitha King fans out there, I have two BCE reading copies listed on DTBAY.
    Not anymore you don't.

Tabitha King is not an "Other Author I Collect" as I've never owned any of her books. I look forward to getting acquainted with her work once this pair of reading copies arrives.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any Jeffery Thomas fans here? Is he any good?

His book of short stories "Doomsdays" intrigued me, and before I could stop to think I had bought a lettered copy of it!

I don't think I'll regret it, and I probably should have poked around here for opinions first - but hey what are impulses for anyways?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only read Boneland by him. I liked it alot. I have a lettered of that one that was given to me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I've only read Boneland by him. I liked it alot. I have a lettered of that one that was given to me.
    Thats a nice one to have! This lettered isn't nearly as impressive.

Most of what I've read about him is good, but, I find in the small press world that every author is talked up as being the next best seller in hiding.

Thanks for your thoughts Brice!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, no problem, man. I can say if his other writing is as good as Boneland then he's very good. Can you post pics of yours, please?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, no problem, man. I can say if his other writing is as good as Boneland then he's very good. Can you post pics of yours, please?
    When I receive it, you guys'll be the first to see it!

For now all I've got is a tiny stock photo of the cover, and a picture of all the lettereds from the publisher (Dark Regions Press). My assumption is that it will look the same as these.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

They look like nice books. I'd never heard of that publisher before. So, is this a new release by JT or something older?

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

They look like nice books. I'd never heard of that publisher before. So, is this a new release by JT or something older?
    2007, so not old, but certainly not new.

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont collect any other authors at the moment.

Although i am considering collecting James Herberts work.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by pickle View Post

Why James Herbert? Do you enjoy reading him, think his books might be a good investment or some other reason? I'm just curious.

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really like the majority of his stories, some of his work is ok but allot is full with raw talent, such as "The Jonah" or "The Others". Dont know if they will be a good investment, but then again, im not a collector for money.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I really like the majority of his stories, some of his work is ok but allot is full with raw talent, such as "The Jonah" or "The Others". Dont know if they will be a good investment, but then again, im not a collector for money.
    I'm not in it for the money either. I am just curious as to what makes other collectors tick, what they like, why they collect, etc.

I still collect Anne Rice even though I don't enjoy reading her later books.

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

First thing that comes to my mind that I collect other than King (although it started with King) is first editions of Steinbeck and Hemingway for posthumous stuff and I'm hooked on Christopher Moore. Bought the limited and lettered that Charnel House did of his book You Suck: A Love Story. It's the most I paid for a book outside the SOD1 and 2 Lettereds. $1500 as well for the lettered.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PlayPhish View Post
    First thing that comes to my mind that I collect other than King (although it started with King) is first editions of Steinbeck and Hemingway for posthumous stuff and I'm hooked on Christopher Moore. Bought the limited and lettered that Charnel House did of his book You Suck: A Love Story. It's the most I paid for a book outside the SOD1 and 2 Lettereds. $1500 as well for the lettered.
    I am a big fan of Christopher Moore as well, from his first book Practical Demonkeeping, I was lucky enough to meet him at a signing/reading in CA before I moved and got all my hardback 1st editions signed, also have the S/L of You Suck.

I also had a long conversation with Audrey Whelan about Christopher Moore she is also a big fan.

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

Yeah, Audrey gave me her copy of Fluke as I was running out the door here to catch a plane to Oregon, maybe two years ago now. Finished it on the plane and loved it. Found A Dirty Job in the Portland Airport and it was signed! NO going back after that. Her and I frequently are in hysterics while reading his blog.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Why James Herbert? Do you enjoy reading him, think his books might be a good investment or some other reason? I'm just curious.
    I don't know about investments, but a lot of old school collectors like Herbert and talk up his Rat series a lot. Although I know a lot of horror collectors, including myself, have never read him.

@Eric. The only Jeffrey Thomas I've read is Thirteen Specimens which is a cool collection because it has stories from the Boneland, Punktown, and Hades world settings. So you can try out all his settings in one book. I liked it a lot!
    Geoff

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Christopher Moore alot too. The only books I have or have read of his so far though are a couple ARCs of his I have in storage. They were free.

Regarding James Herbert, like Geoff I know nothing of his investment potential/collectability, but he is a really good horror writer.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I received three books signed by Neil Gaiman.

There are photos on the last page in my collection thread if you're interested.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Who the hell who give away a lettered BLP Boneland?? 8)

I hope to make this one extra special soon.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

John Little is an author I would highly recommend. I have a copy of "Miranda" published by Bad Moon Books that I will giveaway to an eager reader. I think I might even have a copy of "Placeholders" published by Necessary Evil Press, too. I'll have to check my library first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast