Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Other authors you collect

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Nice.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Niel Gaiman, Orson Scott Card, Chuck Palahniuk of course, HG Wells, Ray Bradbury is a good start. Oh and Michael Crichton

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    I was looking through my shelves and found that i have 2 copies of signed Colin Powell book, My American Journey. My mothr works at the State Department in D.C. and she went to his office and had them signed, They are personalised, One was suppose to go to a friend of mine i worked with but he quit before I got the books back and no one knew where he went, haven't talked to him since. Its made out to Charles.
    If anyones interested in it let me know, i know someone on here collects political books but i couldn't remember who.
    I would gladly trade it for something by King, maybe one of the more inexpensive less sought after signed books.
    DOlan maybe?

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm actually pretty geeked up on this one. Yesterday I received a personalized advance reader's copy of Gaiman's The Graveyard Book. This was a surprise gift by a publisher. It's release date isn't until October.

Geoff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Geoff! A great acquisition!

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice one Geoff.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

really nice!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks guys!
    Geoff

John F. Kennedy cuthbertallbad is on a distinguished road cuthbertallbad's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations.

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is my "Now We Are Six" (Poetry)

By A.A. Milne (Author of children's books Winnie-the-Pooh)
    Illustrated by E. H. Shepard (The original illustrator of the Winnie-the-Pooh books)

It was published in 1927.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, Artan!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice book, artan.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

interesting pickup artan, I like it!
    Geoff

Country
    Country Flag

really nice!
    i guess this is quite a scarce one

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you mean there are other authors???

lol jk.. i have lots of books, but i don't collect any particular author quite like I do Sai King... I take guilty pleasure in old V.C. Andrews books.. the new ones don't do much for me.. I also loovvvee Tananarive Due.. she doesn't have many books but I love what I've read and I own two.. besides that I like to get the classics.. I have Dante (The whole Divine Comedy and the other one about that girl he loved.. i can't remember the name), and The Odyssey and Dracula and Dr. Jekhyll and Mr. Hyde (haven't even read that one).... Hans Christian Andersen and Grimm's Fairy Tales... I really don't even know all the books I have.. They hide.. Every now and then I'll find one and there are lots I've never even read and I just bought cuz they were really old or someone gave them to me... I wish I had pictures... probably not as impressive and you guys' stuff tho.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Definitely read Jekyll and Hyde. And if you do, put out of your mind the basic storyline as seen in the movies--that's all phony.

Read it new, in other words, like it's a mystery--it's called The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Definitely a good read (and short!).

Country
    Country Flag

oh... i guess i was being dumb in thinking that all those storylines couldn't be wrong doy... i'll get it from jerz eventually.... *sigh*

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    oh... i guess i was being dumb in thinking that all those storylines couldn't be wrong doy... i'll get it from jerz eventually.... *sigh*
    I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I don't think you were being dumb--at worst, just ignorant. Which isn't such a bad thing.

Country
    Country Flag

i just meant that i assumed i already knew the story... idk i think i got distracted tho... i usually read what i buy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    Nice book, artan.
    Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    interesting pickup artan, I like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    really nice!
    i guess this is quite a scarce one
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Very, very nice, Artan!

John
    Thanks a lot guys!

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    ... I have Dante (The whole Divine Comedy and the other one about that girl he loved.. i can't remember the name)...
    Could it be :

La Vita Nuova ("The New Life"), the story of his love for Beatrice Portinari?

Country
    Country Flag

Yes yes! thank you.. i knew it was something about life.. lol

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a few items. Ray Garton "The Folks and The Folks 2", inscribed to myself and my wife.

Mike Arnzen sent me a few things. Proverbs and Monsters, Signed Limited Hardcover, won this years Bram Stoker.

Bitchfight ARC, inscribed to me.

Chapbook with one of his contributions. Signed.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

NeedfulKings that's sweet you got Garton to inscribe you a few books. Anyway you could let me in on that secret. I'm a Garton fan, too!

Also, I have Bitchfight, I've yet to read it, but I will.

Some great stuff there!
    Geoff

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    NeedfulKings that's sweet you got Garton to inscribe you a few books. Anyway you could let me in on that secret. I'm a Garton fan, too!

Also, I have Bitchfight, I've yet to read it, but I will.

Some great stuff there!
    Cool. I hope you like Arnzen. He's different, but good.

As for Garton, it's not too big of a secret. He sells items on eBay. I didn't know it was him until I had a messaging conversation that went something like this:

me: Will you combine shipping if I win 2 books? Also, how would you go about aquiring a personal inscription by Mr. Garton?

mace37: Sure, I'll just likely add $1 for the additional book. As for the inscription, I'm Ray Garton, so just ask. Thanks.

He's got quite a few things up. I might snag one or two more.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post

Cool. I hope you like Arnzen. He's different, but good.

As for Garton, it's not too big of a secret. He sells items on eBay. I didn't know it was him until I had a messaging conversation that went something like this:

me: Will you combine shipping if I win 2 books? Also, how would you go about aquiring a personal inscription by Mr. Garton?

mace37: Sure, I'll just likely add $1 for the additional book. As for the inscription, I'm Ray Garton, so just ask. Thanks.

He's got quite a few things up. I might snag one or two more.
    WoW!!! Congrats!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast