+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 103 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Other authors you collect

Hybrid View

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Ludlum - Bourne Ultimatum

I think my last post got deleted, perhaps it was in the wrong area? If you're going to delete this one can you let me know why, admins?

Anyways, what my original post was in regards to was the Signed/Limited/Numbered first edition of "The Bourne Ultimatum" by Robert Ludlum. I haven't seen any offered or sold anywhere on the net, and I was wondering if anyone knew the approximate value of this book?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe your first post on this subject was deleted accidentally. Our apologies for that.

You might try ABE Books and sort by highest price first. Good luck!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

E Taylor.
    Two apologies from me. I accidently deleted (and could not retrieve) your post, and failed to contact you to ask you to repost. I had hoped that a backup on the server could retrieve it, but it appears the backup is for the entire site, and we can't just pick one post out of it.
    I checked ABE, and at this time see no listing for a S/L of TBU. A 1st edition trade certainly is pricey @$400, although sometimes prices on ABE are high.
    Hopefully someone else here is more familiar with the value and will assist.

Country
    Country Flag

Yah, all I've ever been able to find even a listing of its existence online, I was hoping when the movie was released one might be offered for sale, but if one was, I didn't see it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I did find 3 different titles of signed leatherbound presentation copies from Random House that are $600 each.
    Link

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice work, RF.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Other authors you collect

I'm curious what additional authors other members collect. A special focus, such as Bob's Dracula collection, also counts.

I really only buy a couple of limited books a year, so my collection is small, but growing.
    I've slowly been adding a few Bradbury S/Ls to my collection(I think I have 5 now) and also have several from Anne Rice. I also have a Vonnegut and a few signed books from various authors that aren't very well known.
    I'm not really focused on King like the majority of the board. My main interest is the Tower series, beyond that, I just collect authors that I like without worrying about what they'll be worth in 5 or 10 years.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I collect quite a few small press publishers.

Richard Laymon (20-25 items, 15+ signatures, several S/L's)
    Ray Garton (12 or more items, 6 signatures, all S/L's)
    Steve Gerlach (4 S/L's)
    Mike Arnzen (12 or more items, all signed)
    Joe Hill (Most of his stuff, only 2 S/L's)

Other odds and ends--I've got some (outdated) pics in my collection threads.

Bill

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't actually collect other authors but I do try to get a book signed of every author I like.
    I have books signed by Koontz, Jack Vance, Richard Matheson, Arturo Perez-Reverte, Orson Scott Card, Joe Hill and others. The first one I had was one from John Saul.
    I'm still missing some: Arthur Conan Doyle, Alexandré Dumas, Edgar Allan Poe (tought guys these ones... ). I'm still looking for a Dan Simmons signed book.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Other than King and Hill, I collect the S/Ls of Koontz's Odd Thomas books. My other signed books are just a random mix from authors I like

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I collect a little bit of Dan Simmons, Robert McCammon, Ray Garton and a few odds and ends.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, King is the author I collect the most, but it's also because he has the most stuff out there.

After King I try to collect everything by Ray Bradbury, Neil Gaiman and Charles de Lint. I have pretty large collections by all three, and love their work.

I would say I'm an avid collector of King, Gaiman, de Lint and Bradbury, and would consider that I have pretty impressive collections by all authors (although my King collection gets stomped by some here, lol).

And then on a smaller scale I collect Dan Simmons, F. Paul Wilson, Brian Lumley, H. P. Lovecraft and Joe Lansdale. But these collections pale in comparison to the other 4 authors.

I showed my Bradbury and Gaiman collections on the Dark Tower.net a year ago. I'll try to come up with pictures, again.
    Geoff

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    I showed my Bradbury and Gaiman collections on the Dark Tower.net a year ago. I'll try to come up with pictures, again.

I'd love to see your Gaiman collection!

Unfortunately, I don't have any signed or limited edition King books, but I do have a few signed (and one personalized) Chuck Palahniuk 1st editions from meeting him at a signing. Also, I have a couple John Douglas books from meeting him at various signings (he's a former FBI serial killer profiler who has written several books on his career).

That's the closest I have to a worthwhile book collection.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Other than King and Hill, I collect the S/Ls of Koontz's Odd Thomas books. My other signed books are just a random mix from authors I like.
    I know the new Odd Thomas book is being offered in an S/L, but I'm wondering if anyone is going to a Koontz signing any time soon. I'd like to get a personalized signed 1st/1st of the trade edition of ODD HOURS.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Other than King and Hill, I collect the S/Ls of Koontz's Odd Thomas books. My other signed books are just a random mix from authors I like.
    I know the new Odd Thomas book is being offered in an S/L, but I'm wondering if anyone is going to a Koontz signing any time soon. I'd like to get a personalized signed 1st/1st of the trade edition of ODD HOURS.
    I don't think he is doing any formal signings for the book. I ordered a signed/dated copy from Book Carnival a couple of weeks ago. They said he was just doing as many as were ordered at his home and there were no plans for an event. If I recall correctly they were not honoring requests for personalization.

I should qualify the above statement by saying that I don't keep up with Koontz's comings and goings and he may very well have some formal signings scheduled but the way the Book Carnival website read I got the feeling that he didn't.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Book Carnival
    Just to note, Koontz signs of all of his trade editions when they come out through this store.
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice aurora is on a distinguished road aurora's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Herbert, both Frank and Brain
    Arthur C. Clarke
    Clive Barker
    Michael Crichton
    Frank Patterson
    Clive Cussler

Not so much collect them as make sure I read just about everything they put out.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Updated pics of some of my other authors. Of course, King is always #1!!!

Laymon, Garton, and Arnzen:

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan Simmons has been mentioned quite often on this site and DT.N. I'll have to check his work out sometime. Any suggestions?

I'll have to take some new photos soon and get them posted.

Aurora, I have a lot of Frank Herbert paperbacks, but haven't had a chance to read most of them yet. I read his Dune novels a couple of years ago and that was all I've had. Then I went to the local library sale last fall and picked up about eight of his other books.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Dan Simmons has been mentioned quite often on this site and DT.N. I'll have to check his work out sometime. Any suggestions?
    Start with his seminal first novel 'Song of Kali'.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Start with his seminal first novel 'Song of Kali'.
    Then, read The Terror. Excellent story, IMO.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd also suggest "Summer of night".
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Aside from King I collect:

- Michael Slade (Got every 1st edition including UK editions and limiteds, also ARCs of the three that were only released in paperback - of these, only four are unsigned) **this is where my collecting started

- Robert Ludlum's Bourne Trilogy (Signed first of Identity, Signed Limited first of Supremacy, Signed Limited Numbered first of Ultimatum)

-Thomas Harris - first editions of all five of his books, however as of yet all are unsigned

-Various signed and limited first editions from authors such as Robert McCammon, Brian Keene, Brian Hodge, Joe Hill, Tom Clancy, Nelson Demille and others.

-Limited Edition story collections such as The Crow: Shattered Dreams and Broken Lives and JK Potter's Embrace the Mutation.

-Various art books by Michael Whelan

-Assorted leather books from Easton Press, Franklin Library, and a few that I've had rebound myself.

-And any other first edition or signed book that tickles my fancy!

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

King was my intro into book collecting and the dark tower my intro into first editions and limited editions. since then, i have collected bradbury, vonnegut, mccarthy, faulkner, and hemingway signed editions I also have a smaller collection of fp wilson, garton, and laymon.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

collecting some Bernard Werber's stuff (1st eds, signed, short stories..)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 103 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast