Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    A really cool signed limited edition of Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card just went up for sale from Centipede Press - ships the end of the month and it sounds/looks awesome!
    I've been waiting for that one to come up for sale.
    It's a nice, small edition too. I'll be surprised if it doesn't sell out quickly.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    A really cool signed limited edition of Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card just went up for sale from Centipede Press - ships the end of the month and it sounds/looks awesome!
    It's a nice, small edition too. I'll be surprised if it doesn't sell out quickly.
    Agree. Can't say that I'm the Card fan that I once was, but this novel is about as iconic as they get. My order is in and confirmed.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not really in good condition, but seem still interesting : an edition of FRANKENSTEIN from 1922?
    >>> http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:FR:3160

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Anne Rice signed copies of Prince Lestat for $18

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/prin...NCELESTAT-_-NA
    I noticed that a few Uncorrected Proofs have shown up on ebay.
    300,000 copies in the first printing.
    Mark Twain

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Not really in good condition, but seem still interesting : an edition of FRANKENSTEIN from 1922?
    >>> http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:FR:3160

I really like the look of that!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess there isn't an Anne Rice thread...this came today. Picked up from a little on-line bookstore cheap. Black edges are from the scanner.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I guess there isn't an Anne Rice thread...this came today. Picked up from a little on-line bookstore cheap. Black edges are from the scanner.
    Nice. I am still looking for one. I've seen a couple on eBay go for way more than I was willing to pay ($150, IIRC). Hopefully the price will come way down after the book is published on 10/28. Still, I haven't seen many for sale which is unusual for Rice proofs. They have been very plentiful for her last several books.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Ohhhh, I would like one too

I will be seeing here in November at the Philly Free Library. It would be awesome to find one before hand.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I found it on ABE. $18.00 plus shipping!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I found it on ABE. $18.00 plus shipping!
    Nice find!

There were a couple on ebay earlier in the summer that went for under $100, but I didn't even see those until I searched them a week or two ago.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be seeing here in November at the Philly Free Library. It would be awesome to find one before hand.
    Has she posted a tour schedule?
    Mark Twain

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has she posted a tour schedule?
    Sorry, didn't see this post... I was at NYCC

Here is what's posted on her site. It doesn't include the Philly event which is Nov 6.

http://annerice.com/InTheMedia-UpcomingAppearances.html

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy arrived yesterday. Another great edition from Centipede with cool illustrations.
    I'll try to take photos tonight or tomorrow if I have time.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Signed copies of Prince Lestat available again at B&N for $17.87

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/prin...CE_SIGNED-_-NA

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I collect John D. MacDonald, one of Stephen's favorite authors. He's also one of my favorites. Brilliant, fantastic writer! One of the great things about collecting John D. is that it won't cost you an arm and a leg, because so many of his releases were paperback originals. If you havn't read the Travis McGee series, I highly recommend it. Here's a couple of pics from my collection:

JDM paperbacks

JDM hardbacks

some Travis McGee books (love those covers!)

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection, Jim. I agree with you on the Travis McGee books--brilliant. I grow into a bigger and bigger fan with every one I read.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Target has signed copies of Prince Lestat. There's also a 20% off coupon in their Cartwheel app this week.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice ap275 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know how many copies of the 1985 Vampire Lestat first edition were pubished with purple topstain?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The title to this thread is oddly worded.

In addition to King; I have Terry Brooks locked in my attic.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ap275 View Post
    Does anyone know how many copies of the 1985 Vampire Lestat first edition were pubished with purple topstain?
    I have never heard any figures. I think it is agreed that the purple topstain copies are significantly less common than those without. I wish I knew the story behind the topstain. Some say Rice was disappointed that The Vampire Lestat lacked topstain and therefore didn't match Interview With The Vampire which did have topstain. Topstain was then added to many copies after the fact. I don't know if that is true or not.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I have never heard any figures. I think it is agreed that the purple topstain copies are significantly less common than those without. I wish I knew the story behind the topstain. Some say Rice was disappointed that The Vampire Lestat lacked topstain and therefore didn't match Interview With The Vampire which did have topstain. Topstain was then added to many copies after the fact. I don't know if that is true or not.
    I've been looking for one for a while now... if anyone has an extra, or comes across one, I'm definitely interested. I passed one up quite a few years ago, not realizing it was rare, because it wasn't in the best condition. It's the only one I've ever seen in the wild.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I wonder if someone asks the author about this at the signing. It took me years to find one copy for my collection.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been looking for one for a while now... if anyone has an extra, or comes across one, I'm definitely interested. I passed one up quite a few years ago, not realizing it was rare, because it wasn't in the best condition. It's the only one I've ever seen in the wild.
    I'm still looking as well. I wonder if dealers are mistaking it for a second run and not listing them correctly...
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Target has signed copies of Prince Lestat. There's also a 20% off coupon in their Cartwheel app this week.
    Just an update; these are just over $15 with the coupon. Of the eight copies that I saw on the shelf, four of them were signed.
    Signed copies have a gold sticker on the front that says "signed first edition."
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

The purple topstain copies also state "first edition" and don't mention later printings - don't think dealer would state them as later print. It's probably the hardest to find edition. That and author first published story in Transfer 19.
    I'm still looking as well. I wonder if dealers are mistaking it for a second run and not listing them correctly...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast