Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 105 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Thanks guys!!!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Except limited editions, first editions from their favorite authors, is there anyone here that hunts ANYTHING that the authors have written? Besides King.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Except limited editions, first editions from their favorite authors, is there anyone here that hunts ANYTHING that the authors have written? Besides King.
    I have some proofs from other authors, and some old Playboys that include Ray Bradbury stories. I assume that's what you mean....?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I collect first appearances along with first editions and limited editions of Richard Matheson. I love his because many are old sci fi mags from the 50s and 60s. I also have nearly every movie he wrote or had made based on his work.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I collect first appearances along with first editions and limited editions of Richard Matheson. I love his because many are old sci fi mags from the 50s and 60s. I also have nearly every movie he wrote or had made based on his work.
    Wow, Dan. I knew you were a fellow Matheson fan, but I didn't realize how deep it went! You are awesome!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Wow, Dan. I knew you were a fellow Matheson fan, but I didn't realize how deep it went! You are awesome!
    Thanks! I got sucked in early when I found some old magazines that had stories of his. I was hooked. Some, like King, are very hard to find. But they are typically cheaper when you do find them.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It depends. I am a bibliophile. I prefer books; Firsts, Limiteds and proofs.

That said I do collect screenplays and ephemera from various authors.

I have a large John Updike collection. It includes pretty much anything he was involved in. (Or soon will.)
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone actively looking for new / unknown pieces written by their favorite authors except King?

Just wondering
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Are there any Terry Pratchett Collectors around here?

The last discworld novel due at the end of August now has 2 limited editions:

Slipcase edition (5000 copies): https://www.waterstones.com/book/the.../9780857534828
    Deluxe collectors edition (500 copies): https://www.waterstones.com/book/the.../9780857534880

Both are also available from PJSM Prints: http://www.pjsmprints.com/
    PJSM are a little more expensive, but the slipcase edition from them comes with a signature plate, a bookmark and a badge, whereas their copies of the deluxe edition also come "exclusively embossed with Terry's signature plate"

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Whilst I own pretty much all of his books, I only have a few collectible editions - a S/L of the Colour of Magic, a S/L of Carpet People and a proof copy of Night watch.

...But I do have a whole cabinet of the Clarecraft Discworld Figurines!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Robert McCammon, Dan Simmons, Stephen Donaldson, George Martin and Steven Erikson I collect faithfully. Then there's Lovecraft. Whom I only collect when I come across an edition worth collecting, as I already own the complete works of.
    Then there's Robert E. Howard, and Robert Bloch.
    And did I mention Dean Koontz? Nah, I used to be an avid Koontz collector, but lost track of his later works.

Now, I should mention Carl Barks and Don Rosa. Fantagraphics is doing a great series of each.

sk

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Frik, I meant to ask- how is that Rosa Artist Edition that you got at comic con?

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I collect early PB reprints (in addition to PB originals) from John D. MacDonald, William Golding, Ray Bradbury, Ed McBain, Robert E. Howard, Richard Matheson, Lawrence Block and a few others. I also have a large print collection slowly building up of various authors. Also, some odd ball book club and omnibus editions have been known to make their way to my shelves from time to time.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any Westlake fans here? He's one of the all-time greats IMHO.

Signed The Hook (2000).

The Mourner (as Richard Stark, Allison & Busby, UK, 1987), originally a Pocket Books PBO (1963). First HC release. King's "George Stark" from The Dark Half is, of course, inspired by Westlake's alter-ego pseudonym "Richard Stark". I'm always amazed at how different the writing styles are between Westlake's regular writing (particularly his comic capers) and his gritty Richard Stark stories (the thief Parker). He makes it look all too easy. Great stuff. The Richard Stark books are hard to find at used book stores (and book sales). I very rarely see them.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I love Donald Westlake's material, though do prefer his Richard Stark stuff...I'd take Parker over Dortmunder any day of the week. I have a full run of the Parker books in 1st HC (except PLUNDER SQUAD and BUTCHER'S MOON), all signed. I have a number of books, also signed, under Westlake's own name, including your THE HOOK above, THE AX (possibly my favorite Westlake-authored novel), and a number of others, both trades and signed/limiteds.

Dan Simmons wrote a trilogy (rumored to soon be a four-novel series) as a homage to Stark's Parker books, the Dan Kurtz novels (i.e. HARDCASE, HARD FREEZE, and HARD AS NAILS). There is also an Australian author, Garry Disher, who also wrote a homage series with a character named Wyatt. I'm fortunate enough to have signed 1sts of the full runs of both the Simmons (HCs) and Disher (pbos) series.

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, RC65! Quite a collection. Do you have any of the Alan Marshall stuff from the late 50's, early 60's? My wife would give me the "evil eye" if I brought some of that stuff home.

I tend to prefer Parker over Dortmunder as well, although I really enjoy old Dort, too (The Hot Rock is one of my very favorites). They're both so different. Westlake as Stark is such a menacing narrator, disquieting and tense. King really nailed the homage with George Stark/Alexis Machine to Richard Stark/Parker. Good to see some other Westlake fans/collectors.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Jim, I only have a couple of Westlake's sleaze-noir pbos...same with Lawrence Block (though I probably have a few more of Block's, if only because it's easier to validate that it's actually his work as opposed to a house name, since he started fessing up to them a few years ago...Westlake continued to keep his contributions (i.e. which were his and which were Alan Marshall house-name works by others)) on the down-low, for the most part. Of course, Sub Press had their omnibus of Westlake & Block's collaborative sleaze-noir books...had to have that one!

Speaking of anti-heroes like Parker and, as well, speaking of Block, if you've not yet tried Block's Keller books (HIT MAN, HIT LIST, HIT PARADE, etc.), you really should give those a try. No, they're not the series masterpiece that the Stark books are (of which I'd contend is the finest crime series ever created), but they are terrifically compelling reading.

Country
    Country Flag

Neat. I have not read the Keller novels, unfortunately. I love Block, but I don't think I've read anything of his past 1990 or so. I love the early Rhodenbarr and Scudder books, but my absolute favorite is Evan Tanner (the insomniac), even though I've only read three of them. I adore those Fawcett Gold Medals.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just came back from Jonathan Franzen event. Reading, Q&A and signing. Got purity inscribed,m and purity proof and freedom 1st signed

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Woo-hoo! Awesome, congratulations, Shac!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Shac. Congrats!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Picked this up this weekend - a Comic Con promo copy of Red Rising. Love the cover...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Picked this up this weekend - a Comic Con promo copy of Red Rising. Love the cover...

That's cool. I've never seen one.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Barnes and Noble is doing the Black Friday signed books thing again this year. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/h...aimed-authors/

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

That's cool. I've never seen one.
    There a few for sale on eBay. This is from SDCC 2015 I believe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 105 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast