+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Other authors you collect

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    For those that like Robert McCammon, he's written a novella containing Michael Gallatin from The Wolf's Hour :

Robert McCammon has just turned in a brand-new 36,000 word novella, "The Room at the Bottom of the Stair" about a further WWII adventure of Michael Gallatin that will be included in The Wolf's Hour, pushing the book to just shy of 700 pages. We expect the inclusion of this major piece of new fiction will drive sales of this limited edition, making it a must have for every serious McCammon fan.
    To accommodate the expected demand for The Wolf's Hour - this novella was a last minute addition, long after the book was announced - with Mr. McCammon's permission we've decided to increase the print run to 750 copies, to cover the increased printing costs, to compensate the author for a significant new piece of fiction, and to give his many fans a chance at this important collectible edition.

LINK

I've ordered a copy and it makes me realize that I need to reread a lot of my early McCammon. I reread SWAN SONG about a year ago but it has been ten year plus since I have taken a look at those other early books. I remember liking WOLF'S HOUR quite a lot.
    Swan Song is the first McCammon book that I picked up. I was hooked on his work after that.

I'm still debating purchasing the Limited Edition of Wolf's Hour. I'm sure SP will do a fine job with it.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    For those that like Robert McCammon, he's written a novella containing Michael Gallatin from The Wolf's Hour :

Robert McCammon has just turned in a brand-new 36,000 word novella, "The Room at the Bottom of the Stair" about a further WWII adventure of Michael Gallatin that will be included in The Wolf's Hour, pushing the book to just shy of 700 pages. We expect the inclusion of this major piece of new fiction will drive sales of this limited edition, making it a must have for every serious McCammon fan.
    To accommodate the expected demand for The Wolf's Hour - this novella was a last minute addition, long after the book was announced - with Mr. McCammon's permission we've decided to increase the print run to 750 copies, to cover the increased printing costs, to compensate the author for a significant new piece of fiction, and to give his many fans a chance at this important collectible edition.

LINK

I've ordered a copy and it makes me realize that I need to reread a lot of my early McCammon. I reread SWAN SONG about a year ago but it has been ten year plus since I have taken a look at those other early books. I remember liking WOLF'S HOUR quite a lot.
    Swan Song is the first McCammon book that I picked up. I was hooked on his work after that.

I'm still debating purchasing the Limited Edition of Wolf's Hour. I'm sure SP will do a fine job with it.
    And finally an affordable lettered edition too!

Sub Press usually prices their lettereds at $500 without production values to warrant it.

Along the Path of the Beam giggler5 is on a distinguished road giggler5's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

mostly king for me. other than that:
    chuck palahniuk
    cormac mccarthy
    kurt vonnegut
    j.r.r. tolkien
    hunter s. thompson

i also own a lot of biographies and autobiographies of musicians (jerry garcia, kurt cobain, david crosby, etc...)

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

When I first got into Stephen King in the late seventies, there was one other horror author I read with the same passion - James Herbert. Compared to King, his writing was more in-your-face, but I loved his early output, and he wrote some memorable stuff: The Rats, The Dark, Lair, Domain, The Spear, and my favourite, The Fog. So when I heard that Jerad at Centipede was publishing an edition, I just had to get it. And once again, Jerard has produced a beautiful book:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous. Congratulations.

Country
    Country Flag

I have never read that one. I considered purchasing a copy but didn't.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

i love herbert too,definately more "in your face" than king.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

anybody collect ray bradbury?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shnnrc01 View Post
    i love herbert too,definately more "in your face" than king.
    I'm going to have to give him a try. Is The Fog a good book to start with?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it is.

And I love Bradbury though I don't really have enough to say I collect his books. I'm sure there's many here who do collect his books though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ive really enjoyed collecting the early Bradbury from the 50's ans 60's

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    I do. Although I do not collect Bradbury as aggressively as King. I have 27 books signed by Bradbury. A few S/L, the rest are recent books I acquired in the last few years as Bradbury actually lives very close to me....about 10 miles. He does not travel anymore (health issue) but does appearances locally. If you like, PM me your email address and I'll let you know the next time he has an event here.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the photos of The Fog. I've been thinking about picking it up. I remember loving the novel when I first read back in '79 or '80. Definitely one of the best Herbert books. I was a huge James Herbert fan until The Magic Cottage. After that, for a while anyway, he seemed to trend more toward fantasy than horror and I eventually lost all interest. I've read a couple of his books since then, but didn't think they were that great. But his early stuff, up through and including Shrine, was fantastic.

Hunter

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    I used to.
    And Clarke...Asimov....Heinlein....etc...etc....

Those days are long over. It's only King I collect now....And Donaldson (Stephen)...and McCammon.....and Dan Simmons.....Koontz I used to collect...not any longer...

sk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Neil Gaiman did a giveaway of 50 proofs of an anthology that he co-edited. Among the authors are Peter Straub & Joe Hill...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Where? When? How?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

it was on twitter.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Neil Gaiman did a giveaway of 50 proofs of an anthology that he co-edited. Among the authors are Peter Straub & Joe Hill...
    This must be Stories?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If it is Stories you are talking about I have it. My copy is signed by Neil and on the way to Al Sarrantonio to be signed. My copy also has the type written story by Tim Powers’ “Parallel Lines” that didn't appear in the ARC but will be published in the final hardcover copy scheduled to be released on June 15, 2010

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Ralph!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

nice

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thats great mullein

yeah it was STORIES and via on twitter... The first 50 to retweet his message , after he announced that it was soon
    i was checking, all of thr sudden twitterwas failing, then refreshing an there were already100 that did... Was amazing how quick things can be...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A new story by Palahniuk too? He doesn't publish too many short stories.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

chuck palahniuk is coming to my town on the 8th. I've been trying to decide if I want to go. The price for a ticket is like $32 to listen to him speak & get a signed book "Tell All".
    You can usually get a signed book at the store after the event.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ralph, I am so jealous of your signed STORIES! Congratulations!

Cujo, I would go see Palahniuk in a heartbeat as it sounds like the admission price includes the book, yes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast