Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Congratulations, idlewarnings, on all of the new proofs. Sounds like you have lots of searching to do to complete your Don Robertson proof collection. And so it begins.

I've only known him through THE IDEAL GENUINE MAN connection with King. I have not read that book nor anything else by Robertson. I really should, I know.

The signed book plate (or card) is interesting. I presume it is a drawing of Don Quixote by Salvadar Dali. I have an identical card signed by King that was laid into a UK THE TALISMAN proof that I bought years ago. I thought it was odd and now even more so seeing that you have one signed by Robertson. I think I may have seen one somewhere else years ago but now I don't remember where.
    Thanks, Bob. That's curious that you have a similar book plate signed by King. I wonder if they could be related some how. I know King and Robertson did at least one book signing together when TIGM came out.

I'm going to ask the seller if he knows anything about the provenance of the proof. He might know where the bookplate originated.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very interesting discussion above. Thanks guys!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Anyone looking for a first edition of THE MALTESE FALCON?

http://www.lwcurrey.com/pages/books/...maltese-falcon

Yikes!!
    I'll take two!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone here manage to purchase a copy of Terry Goodkinds (signed limited) "THE FIRST CONFESSOR: The Legend of Magda Searus"?

Will pay $350

Thank you.

Gabriel
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those of you interested in Veronica Roth divergent series - she announce her signing tour for the third installment - divergent is being filmed now - due out in march 2014 - so this is getting big for her (and her books). Anyway not many stops according to her blog:

Tuesday, October 22nd @ 8:15PM
    92nd St. Y
    1395 Lexington Ave.
    New York, NY 10128

Wednesday, October 23rd @ 7:00PM
    Barnes & Noble – Store 2884
    7700 West Northwest Hwy. Ste. 300
    Dallas, TX 75225

Thursday, October 24th @ 7:00PM
    The Castro Theatre, hosted by Books Inc.
    429 Castro St.
    San Francisco, CA 94114

Saturday, October 26th @ 2:00PM
    Tivoli Theater, hosted by Anderson’s Bookshop
    5021 Highland Ave.
    Downers Grove, IL 60515

From her blog she gets exhausted from signings and it was listed as one signed book per person...anyway I've got 2 tickets for SF if anyone cares to join my wife and I.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    For those of you interested in Veronica Roth divergent series - she announce her signing tour for the third installment - divergent is being filmed now - due out in march 2014 - so this is getting big for her (and her books). Anyway not many stops according to her blog:

Tuesday, October 22nd @ 8:15PM
    92nd St. Y
    1395 Lexington Ave.
    New York, NY 10128

Wednesday, October 23rd @ 7:00PM
    Barnes & Noble – Store 2884
    7700 West Northwest Hwy. Ste. 300
    Dallas, TX 75225

Thursday, October 24th @ 7:00PM
    The Castro Theatre, hosted by Books Inc.
    429 Castro St.
    San Francisco, CA 94114

Saturday, October 26th @ 2:00PM
    Tivoli Theater, hosted by Anderson’s Bookshop
    5021 Highland Ave.
    Downers Grove, IL 60515

From her blog she gets exhausted from signings and it was listed as one signed book per person...anyway I've got 2 tickets for SF if anyone cares to join my wife and I.
    Any chance you can get me a book? I am actually a big fan of the series and she is one signature I don't have. But, if it is only one book per person, I don't think you will have extras :-(

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

unfortunately, from reading her blog - looks like this will be a difficult task. I did talk my wife into going that night - so we will get two books signed - probably just my copies of divergent and insurgent - and then hopefully go through the line again to get allegiant signed - but who knows.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Handwritten Edgar Allen Poe poem sells for $300,000 at South Shore auction" : Auctioneers had expected the item to fetch no more than $20,000
    >>> http://www.masslive.com/entertainmen...dgar_alle.html
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

If I had $300,000 I'd retire, spend most of it on limited edition books, and then go job hunting.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Abebooks has a new listing for signed divergent 1st/1st - sounds a bot worn and no pictures though:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...14125&x=59&y=7

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

To my UK friends: I found a really nice set of Dune (Frank Herbert) books this weekend: vintage NEL paperbacks of volumes 4, 5 and 6 with great cover art (on a light blue background). Does anyone know which editions I'm talking about and if so, do you have a lead on volumes 1-3?

I can post pics tomorrow night if necessary.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Anybody out there have those old Underwood/Miller HORRORSTORY Wagner collections? I'm thinking about finally picking these up, but was wondering if there were any new material (intros, etc.) unique to these editions. Also, if the original cover art (of the other 2 included older volumes- besides the actual cover- if you know what I mean) is included somewhere inside. Never actually seen one of these out in the wild.

Thanks,

Ron

Along the Path of the Beam deanhoadley is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Just today got a signed 1st/1st hardback copy of Susan Hill The Women in Black, the first from 1983 along with a 1st/1st of The Bird in Night (Susan Hill) signed, from 1972

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I picked this one up a couple of weeks back:

Mark Twain

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder how much hype will build around this book.

S. by Doug Dorst and J.J. Abrams

One book. Two readers. A world of mystery, menace and desire.

A young woman picks up a book left behind by a stranger. Inside it are his margin notes, which reveal a reader entranced by the story and by its mysterious author. She responds with notes of her own, leaving the book for the stranger, and so begins an unlikely conversation that plunges them both into the unknown.

THE BOOK: Ship of Theseus, the final novel by a prolific but enigmatic writer named V. M. Straka, in which a man with no past is shanghaied onto a strange ship with a monstrous crew and launched on a disorienting and perilous journey.

THE WRITER: Straka, the incendiary and secretive subject of one of the world's greatest mysteries, a revolutionary about whom the world knows nothing apart from the words he wrote and the rumours that swirl around him.

THE READERS: Jennifer and Eric, a college senior and a disgraced grad student, both facing crucial decisions about who they are, who they might become, and how much they're willing to trust another person with their passions, hurts and fears.

S., conceived by filmmaker J.J. Abrams and written by award-winning novelist Doug Dorst, is the chronicle of two readers finding each other in the margins of a book and enmeshing themselves in a deadly struggle between forces they don't understand. It is also Abrams and Dorst's love letter to the written word.
    soonyouwillknow.com
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I don't know but I'm interested.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, it does sound interesting and I like the design of it with the slipcase as well.
    I'm sure Abrams will have quite a bit of interesting marketing set up around the book.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I'm working a book trade show next week and this is at the top of my list to get an ARC of if they're available.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Scoogs, I like the Frank Herbert book you picked up. I read The White Plague like 30 years ago. Frank Herbert is one of my fave authors of all time; he is a genius at Science Ficitno; I also like the collaborations between his son Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson for all the Dune books they added to the Duniverse! I have all the collaboratinos in HB and signed by both authors. Of the first six dune books written by Frank I have 4, 5, and 6 as 1st Editions, and 1, 2 and 3 as later printings. A first edition Dune is worth a pretty penny.

Do you know the backstory on getting that book published? Well, Herbert shopped it around to all the publication hosues that touched sci fi at the time and they all were not willing to take a risk on a "big" book that diverged from the standard stock sci fi stories. Eventually Chilton Publishing took a chance and the rest is History. And who is Chilton - why they mostly published Car Repair manuals by Make & Model!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't Dune first serialized in Analog SF? I'm not sure, but I think it was.

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it was!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's where I first read it. I'm not sure if I ever got the paperbacks or not (almost all my old books, magazines, etc. were destroyed in a flooded basement a number of years ago.)

John

[QUOTE (almost all my old books, magazines, etc. were destroyed in a flooded basement a number of years ago.)

John[/QUOTE]

Now THAT'S a horror story!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    [QUOTE (almost all my old books, magazines, etc. were destroyed in a flooded basement a number of years ago.)

John
    Now THAT'S a horror story![/QUOTE]

My wife and I were vacationing in Hawaii. The remnants of a hurricane hit our area. We live on a slight slope and the rainwater came down so heavily that it floated some of our landscape timbers, one of which crashed through a basement window. We ended up with more than 8" of water in the basement. We didn't find out until we got home a week later. I had between 30,000 and 50,000 books, magazines, paperbacks and other items stored down there, which I had collected since about 1961. I lost about 80% of the collection.

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    I'm working a book trade show next week and this is at the top of my list to get an ARC of if they're available.
    Good luck! And if you get an extra...
    Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast