Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

John F. Kennedy Bookfriend is on a distinguished road

Hi Carlosdetweiller
    What kind of bookcase is that? I am thinking about getting a Globe Wernicke bookcase, but they are pretty expensive...Sorry for being of topic, and hope you donīt mind me asking.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bookfriend View Post
    Hi Carlosdetweiller
    What kind of bookcase is that? I am thinking about getting a Globe Wernicke bookcase, but they are pretty expensive...Sorry for being of topic, and hope you donīt mind me asking.
    They are made by Hale and called Traditional Barrister Bookcases. You buy individual units and you can stack and arrange them to suit your needs.

Here is one link but they are sold through many outlets.

http://www.halebookcasesdirect.com/c...ional-bookcase

John F. Kennedy Bookfriend is on a distinguished road

Very cool, I love the sliding glass doors. Thx
    Last edited by Bookfriend; 02-14-2016 at 07:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I'm not sure about the copyright page - but on their listing they say the book is 248 pages and mine only has 226 pages, so something is different.
    Thanks. Hmm. I don't know what to make of that.

I did see this though, a set of time travel books (Replay, Doomsday Book, Door into Summer, The Anubis Gates, The End of Eternity, The Accidental Time Machine): http://www.eastonpress.com/prod/EC0/...R-OF-TIME_3155

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'm not sure about the copyright page - but on their listing they say the book is 248 pages and mine only has 226 pages, so something is different.
    Thanks. Hmm. I don't know what to make of that.

I did see this though, a set of time travel books (Replay, Doomsday Book, Door into Summer, The Anubis Gates, The End of Eternity, The Accidental Time Machine): http://www.eastonpress.com/prod/EC0/...R-OF-TIME_3155
    I picked up the signed Easton ENDER'S GAME a month or two ago when it first became available (again), and my copy has 226 pages. My presumption therefore is that the 248 page notation is an error, and that all copies are from the same original batch. Easton has a tendency to hold copies back from the original run, if it doesn't sell out, and sell them later at a different time, even if it's years later. If they do do a later signed printing -- as they did, for example, with FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON -- they typically change the design elements.

By the way, for those who may be similarly interested in the Grimwood book only...I did email Easton, and they are not at this time selling the books from that set individually. :-(

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did it come with the Collector's Notes?

I would like one of those Tim Power's , but 600.00 for the set is a bit much and I think the Willis is from the old Masterpieces subscription too.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Did it come with the Collector's Notes?
    Yes, it did, and reflects a 2005 signing by Card, so it is clearly from the original batch.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine's from 1993.

Just checked and mine has the same copyright info, but the collector's notes w/ Card's signature is dated 2005, so apparently the book is from the original first batch in '93, but they had Card sign notes in 2005 for add'l copies. Never noticed before that the note didn't match the pub date, though I should have, given that I see now I indicated in my book database that the pub date is '93, and I should have caught that the '05 date didn't match. Safe to say, though, that there is no new 2015 or 2016 ENDER'S GAME, even though it did became available again recently...the copies are leftover from the original '93 printing (as presumably were the copies offered in 2005). Easton doesn't make it easy sometimes to keep up on what's what.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

U.K. & U.S.A. (Book Club) Only Hardcover Editions.

U.K. also signed by Michael Biehn.

U.S.A. (Book Club)

These U.S.A.,U.K. & Japanese 1st Editions are also signed.

Unsigned

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved The Abyss, both the movie and the novel based on the screenplay. The novel filled in all of things cut from the final release of the film (and eventually released in the extended edition on Laserdisc and DVD).

Thanks for posting the photos. I used to have the UK hardcover, but parted with it in a downsizing years ago.

Hunter

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know that this movie was based on a novel !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

IT'S NOT.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Card goes to great lengths in the introduction to explain that his book is not a novelization, but is instead a novel based on the screenplay. I got the impression that he thought only hacks wrote quick tie-in novelizations, while he was a Great Artist writing a novel based on a screenplay. To his credit, the book does expand on the screenplay, and it's quite enjoyable. Much better than most of his own fiction, IMO.

Hunter

Country
    Country Flag

I never realized until just now that the U.S. BCE gets the credits backwards on the cover! Cameron wrote the original screenplay, Card the novel based on Cameron's screenplay.

Hunter

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    I never realized until just now that the U.S. BCE gets the credits backwards on the cover! Cameron wrote the original screenplay, Card the novel based on Cameron's screenplay.

Hunter
    That's interesting.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Bob, you make me want to collect Dracula books! I've been eyeing the Easton Press Rick Berry edition since it was released. Do you have that copy and would you recommend it?
    I have one and I like it a lot. Not everyone loves Rick Berry's art though. Some paintings in this edition are fantastic, IMO. Others I don't really get but he is definitely very talented. At $276 it is an expensive volume but it has a nice look and feel. I think it is worth the price.
    I missed this earlier but wanted to chime and second the recommendation. I will say the art has an odd presentation, as they are separate pieces pasted onto the page. Not everyone was enthuse with this presentation. None the less I love the edition and thought it well worth the purchase!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Bob, you make me want to collect Dracula books! I've been eyeing the Easton Press Rick Berry edition since it was released. Do you have that copy and would you recommend it?
    I have one and I like it a lot. Not everyone loves Rick Berry's art though. Some paintings in this edition are fantastic, IMO. Others I don't really get but he is definitely very talented. At $276 it is an expensive volume but it has a nice look and feel. I think it is worth the price.
    I missed this earlier but wanted to chime and second the recommendation. I will say the art has an odd presentation, as they are separate pieces pasted onto the page. Not everyone was enthuse with this presentation. None the less I love the edition and thought it well worth the purchase!
    Maybe they were trying to make it feel like an old edition?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That's probably true. I have antiquarian books that have the artwork attached to a blank page bound for the purpose.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Question...

I just picked up a f/f copy of The Ideal, Genuine Man today and was wondering about the print line. This one starts with "2" but i couldn't find any definitive info on whether or not there was a second printing. I'm pleased either way as this copy was from Rick Hautala's library and a great price.

Thanks!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty much what I assume. Just wanted to give you fair warning, I know a couple people that were a bit put off by it.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Thank you!
    Still quite pleased...
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Thank you!
    Still quite pleased...
    Good for you! This is a great book (all of Don Robertson's books are) and it was nice that King recognized it!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    That's probably true. I have antiquarian books that have the artwork attached to a blank page bound for the purpose.
    One of my Christmas presents was a copy of the Easton Press edition with the Rick Berry artwork. I love it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast