+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2342

Thread: Other authors you collect

Can Toi ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Barnes & Noble is taking orders for signed copies of CARI MORA by Thomas Harris. I ordered one for $26.81. I hope it comes in good condition.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Barnes & Noble is taking orders for signed copies of CARI MORA by Thomas Harris. I ordered one for $26.81. I hope it comes in good condition.
    Ooh! Thanks for the tip. The guy doesn't write or sign a thing for years, and then all of a sudden a B&N signed edition? Interesting. Will be exciting to read something new of his.

Citizen of Gilead lotuz is a glorious beacon of light lotuz is a glorious beacon of light lotuz is a glorious beacon of light lotuz is a glorious beacon of light lotuz is a glorious beacon of light lotuz is a glorious beacon of light lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes - thanks for the heads up! A Thomas Harris signature is a rare thing indeed (folks may remember that he would only agree to signed the lettered edition of Sub Press's Silence of the Lambs, for example) so a signed first edition at cost is an awesome deal!!

I can't imagine he signed more than a thousand or so, but I could be wrong... would love to see an official number if it exists...
    Looking for the following Centipede Press books:
    • Any book with limitation number #52
    • Chimera II (any #)
    • Deluxe editions
    • ARCs/Proofs
    Also looking for a Lettered The Graveyard Book from Subterranean Press.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I bought Cari Mora, too. $20.30? No-brainer!

Can Toi ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I don't really "collect" Thomas Harris, although I have 1st US editions of all his novels except BLACK SUNDAY, mainly because they were relatively inexpensive, but I went ahead and also ordered the UK forthcoming HC and PB of CARI MORA from the Book Depository. I have NO IDEA what the book is about ( and I don't want to know either), and it is VERY HARD not reading the darned synopses when ordering the book, but so far I have managed.

I found all of his books, with the exception of HANNIBAL RISING (which I still enjoyed, just not as much) almost impossible to put down after starting.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is a jewel in the rough Earl of Popkin is a jewel in the rough Earl of Popkin is a jewel in the rough Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting this.

All I can see with that title is a Spanish anagram for rich love

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like another one of those links that sort of "randomizes" itself and just takes you to the main site (hey, thanks for the ads!).

I love B&N passionately, but their website blows monkey balls (and if you want a laugh, look at the reviews for their app in the Apple app store); they are not helping themselves stave off defeat at the hands of Amazon.
    She brought me a wishing well
    and summoned the waves to carry her spell
    A mother's magic filled her eyes
    when she whispered, "you're alive"

Citizen of Gilead RC65 is a jewel in the rough RC65 is a jewel in the rough RC65 is a jewel in the rough RC65 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Thanks! I bought Cari Mora, too. $20.30? No-brainer!
    Me, too -- what an incredible deal this was...discounted *and* signed by the notoriously reluctant Harris? Thanks to ur2ndbiggestfan for the heads-up on this!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Looks like another one of those links that sort of "randomizes" itself and just takes you to the main site (hey, thanks for the ads!).
    I just tried the link again. It took me right to the product page.

Maerlyn's Imp Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered my copy, excited for a new book from him, even loved Black Sunday, saw it as a young teen in the theaters.
    Wish List:
    Carrie 1st/1st
    The Gunslinger 1st/1st
    Roadwork 1st/1st

Gunslinger Apprentice RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always worry about autopen "signed" editions since the great Michael Crichton fraud many years ago. It seems odd for Harris to be signing these but who knows?

Gunslinger Apprentice Munnecom has a spectacular aura about Munnecom has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I always worry about autopen "signed" editions since the great Michael Crichton fraud many years ago.
    That sounds like an interesting story. What happened?

Gunslinger Apprentice RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I always worry about autopen "signed" editions since the great Michael Crichton fraud many years ago.
    Back in the 90s, Alfred Knopf did a gift edition of Jurassic Park with a sticker that said "autographed." It turned out to be an autopen signature. A complete rip off that was eventually uncovered. Crichton should have been ashamed. I'm not saying that is the case here. But it always raises my suspicion when a best selling author does a mass signed book.

http://throwbackcollector.blogspot.c...t-edition.html

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Back in the 90s, Alfred Knopf did a gift edition of Jurassic Park with a sticker that said "autographed." It turned out to be an autopen signature. A complete rip off that was eventually uncovered. Crichton should have been ashamed. I'm not saying that is the case here. But it always raises my suspicion when a best selling author does a mass signed book.

http://throwbackcollector.blogspot.c...t-edition.html
    Even today some eBay sellers still argue it's an official signed copy. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful and nicely done product, but don't pay for the "signature", pay for the content. The clear dust jacket with the dinosaur on it is very cool and hard to locate without damage.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I must admit, I am suspicious of the piles of signed books that B&N make available each Thanksgiving. There are an awful lot of them, and while some are clearly hand-signed, others could go either way, in my opinion.

That hasn't stopped me from buying a signed copy of a book/author I really like, but I always have that gnawing doubt ...

HBJ
    ďIf you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.Ē
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

Citizen of Gilead Lurker is a glorious beacon of light Lurker is a glorious beacon of light Lurker is a glorious beacon of light Lurker is a glorious beacon of light Lurker is a glorious beacon of light Lurker is a glorious beacon of light Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always worry about autopen "signed" editions since the great Michael Crichton fraud many years ago. It seems odd for Harris to be signing these but who knows?
    And you have to watch out for Margret Atwood signatures too. She invented the long pen so she could do book "signings" remotely. Hmph.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Along the Path of the Beam Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dan Brown
    Ken Follett
    Carl Sagan
    Diana Gabaldon
    J.R.R Tolkien
    The Harry Potter Series
    Neale Donald Walsch

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Dean Koontz,
    SK,
    Anne Rice,
    Jeffery Deaver,
    Piers Anthony,
    Ed Mcbain,
    James Patterson,
    Kathy Reichs,
    Janet Evanovich,
    John Grisham

and i'm sure there are more but those are the one i can think of off the top of my head

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New Thomas Harris novel out today! My audible download already done. There is a great NY Times piece on Harris and the book if anyone missed it.

Rabid Billybumbler cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74 is a splendid one to behold cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    New Thomas Harris novel out today! My audible download already done. There is a great NY Times piece on Harris and the book if anyone missed it.
    I think I ordered 2 signed from B&N - anyone need a signed copy?
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

ďA good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.Ē Wayne Gretzky

Goldmember Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24 is a splendid one to behold Kingfan24's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

Just got my Thomas Harris signed Cari Mora from Alabama Booksmith. 99.99% sure itís an auto pen.
    Wanted:

Any Sk art portfolios
    Lsoe gift
    Salem's Lot Prints and Traycase!

ANY SK S/l #54 or #464

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Just got my Thomas Harris signed Cari Mora from Alabama Booksmith. 99.99% sure itís an auto pen.
    That sucks. I received my shipping notice from B&N. I ordered two. It still hasn't shipped though. My two signatures should not match exactly.

Let's compare signatures when I receive them. If they are all the same then we will have some confirmation of an auto pen which I consider to be fraud when selling a "signed" book.

If they are auto penned then I will resell them immediately or return them for a refund.
    "Everybody does have a book in them, but in most cases thatís where it should remain."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    If they are auto penned then I will resell them immediately or return them for a refund.
    The B&N price was a great price for the book, signed or not.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The B&N price was a great price for the book, signed or not.
    Right. I'll probably keep one. Į\_(ツ)_/Į
    "Everybody does have a book in them, but in most cases thatís where it should remain."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 LastLast