Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 105 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2620

Thread: Other authors you collect

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Never read any Wolfe (though I do have a story of his in an anthology I was just about to start). Where to start with him, are his works more sci-fi or fantasy?

Got this cool book in the mail:

It has many/all of the alternate covers, beautiful new endpapers, new illustrated maps, as well as a Whelan piece that somewhat inspired the book.
    I read this back when it came out, and liked it a lot. It's the Stormlight Archive books that are my favorites of his; and I do appreciate the work be did finishing up The Wheel of Time.

Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

Does anyone else collect John Scalzi's Old Man's War series? I've managed to scrape together a subpress numbered set and I think they're great. I also found letter Q for Zoe's Tale and Questions for a Soldier.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fp3csu View Post
    Does anyone else collect John Scalzi's Old Man's War series? I've managed to scrape together a subpress numbered set and I think they're great. I also found letter Q for Zoe's Tale and Questions for a Soldier.
    I do. I'm hunting a spare copy of Old mans war too if anyone has one to sell
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Does anyone collect the Scalzi Old Mans War SubPress versions? Ive managed to find two of the lettered versions and they're great!
    I'm interested in info on the numbered signed editions.

Does anyone know the original list prices? Sub Press doesn't show prices on sold out books.

Also, any idea of current market values?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I do. I'm hunting a spare copy of Old mans war too if anyone has one to sell
    I'd love to see photos of the limited editions of this series that you guys own.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Scouring the forums to find a way to post photos instead of just a link, then I'll put some up.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fp3csu >> The picture frame (there's a tree in it... it's between the envelope and film strip) button in the text editor allow you to post an image... just plug in a direct link to the image in the dialog that pops up. Alternative, you can put the link between [IMG][/IMG] (i.e., [ IMG ] http://domain.com/picture.jpg [ /IMG ]). I added extra spaces in the example so it's not interpreted.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Thanks! I'm new to all of this, giving it a shot....

There some glare in this one but next to unfettered over to the slipcased Zoe's Tale is all Subpress Scalzi.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not a problem at all, it worked! Awesome books I like the Zoe's Tale slipcase a lot.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Does anyone collect the Scalzi Old Mans War SubPress versions? Ive managed to find two of the lettered versions and they're great!
    I'm interested in info on the numbered signed editions.

Does anyone know the original list prices? Sub Press doesn't show prices on sold out books.

Also, any idea of current market values?
    I own Old Man's War and the price on the dust jacket for the signed/numbered edition is 60 and for the lettered is 250. I'm not sure about the others, but would guess they were similarly priced.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There some glare in this one but next to unfettered over to the slipcased Zoe's Tale is all Subpress Scalzi.
    Lovelovelove the books...but what's with the plastic??

sk

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lovelovelove the books...but what's with the plastic??

sk

Just a precaution in case one of kids thinks they are brave enough to touch them.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Also keeps out BUGS,DUST & DAMPNESS.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is an interesting idea : "‘The Napkin Art of Tim Burton’ In Book Form!"
    >>> http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...-in-book-form/

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Someone is selling off their John Scalzi Subpress editions - including old man's war - on ebay at the moment: http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?sid=w...&isRefine=true

There's also a lettered Zoe's tale: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZOES-TALE-Jo...827?nav=SEARCH

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Also keeps out BUGS,DUST & DAMPNESS.
    Actually, if the bags are sealed tight, dampness can (not will...as with everything, nothing is certain) be contained and prompt problems w/ mildew. I also keep my vintage pbos in pb bags, but I keep the flaps a bit loose rather than folded over tight and sealed, so as to allow a little air to circulate. Keeps them protected, but doesn't set the scene for more potential problems down the road.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Actually, if the bags are sealed tight, dampness can (not will...as with everything, nothing is certain) be contained and prompt problems w/ mildew. I also keep my vintage pbos in pb bags, but I keep the flaps a bit loose rather than folded over tight and sealed, so as to allow a little air to circulate. Keeps them protected, but doesn't set the scene for more potential problems down the road.
    I'm a compulsive bagger: hardbacks, paperbacks, magazines, comics. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with keeping them climate-controlled all these years, but I've never had a problem with dampness or mildew (knock on wood). I'd much rather run the risk of that than see the damage that is caused by dust.

Hunter

Where do you get your bags from Hunter? I live in a desert (near Death Valley) in CA with less than 3 inches of rain in the last 3 years so I'm not worried about moisture....but the dust, man it's everywhere.....

Travis

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where do you get your bags from Hunter? I live in a desert (near Death Valley) in CA with less than 3 inches of rain in the last 3 years so I'm not worried about moisture....but the dust, man it's everywhere.....
    I used to live in Utah when I really started collecting and bagging and had similar issues there.

I buy poly bags from Bags Unlimited. They have various sizes, but I usually use 3-mil regular magazine bags for most of my books.

Regular magazine bags at BagsUnlimited.com

I also buy similar comic book bags for smaller books (and paperback bags for paperbacks, though most modern paperbacks are too large for their regular paperback bags.

Hunter

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Polyester bags are better than polyethylene.

Better UV protection and less degradation.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Polyester bags are better than polyethylene.

Better UV protection and less degradation.
    Bags Unlimited has those, too:

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-4231...th-1-flap.aspx

They call those "Museum Archival Grade."

Here's the text on their polyethylene bags pages:

Our bags hold size and thickness tolerances and come in printed outer bags for easy product identification. We stock magazine bags made out of polyethylene, polypropylene and polyester (mylar). All three of these materials have passed the Photo Activity Test (P.A.T.) certifying that they are safe for long term storage. Our magazine sleeves come with a 1-1/2" flap. 'R' at the end of the product code indicates a resealable flap. Reseal tape is on the body of the sleeve to prevent your magazine from coming in contact with the tape.
    I started out buying from my local comic stores, which only ever stocked polyethylene bags, and have just never made the plunge to mylar. I probably should, though.

Hunter

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't you guys find the Mylar bags too thick?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Don't you guys find the Mylar bags too thick?
    That's a good point. They are very thick. Polyethylene bags are lot more pliable. I fold the bags around the books and tape them down, and that's hard to do with mylar bags.

Hunter

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 105 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast