Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2618

Thread: Other authors you collect

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    My fear though is when I burn the pages, will they ever return to black or is it a one trick pony? If they go back I will definitely get it but if it's just a one time deal, that's a lot for a copy of a book.
    You're basically saying "lasting legibility lessens the desirability of this book to me."

I totally agree with you (blacked out pages are the point of this edition); I just found it funny and worth remarking on because this is one of those things that I could never explain to the nonbibliophiles with whom I live (like when I told them I considered it a positive when I had lasting forearm muscle soreness after the first day I read a heavy (> 5 lbs.) book on the train).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you read that somewhere? I was watching the video and it looked like it stayed but couldn't tell if it just takes awhile
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I am really tempted to get this. My fear though is when I burn the pages, will they ever return to black or is it a one trick pony? If they go back I will definitely get it but if it's just a one time deal, that's a lot for a copy of a book.
    It goes back to dark. It requires the heat to read the text plainly.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you read that somewhere? I was watching the video and it looked like it stayed but couldn't tell if it just takes awhile
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I am really tempted to get this. My fear though is when I burn the pages, will they ever return to black or is it a one trick pony? If they go back I will definitely get it but if it's just a one time deal, that's a lot for a copy of a book.
    It goes back to dark. It requires the heat to read the text plainly.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    "The book was screen printed by French graphic design collective Super Terrain using heat sensitive ink, which conceals the book’s text behind a layer of black when at room temperature."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Don't know where else to put this: Can anyone help with a bibliography of the (now defunct) Endeavor Press out of Chicago? I can't seem to find much info online. I know they did Al Sarrantonio's The Pumpkin Boy novella (which I have), and Tom Piccirilli's Fuckin' Lay Down Already (only because there's a promo bookmark for it in my copy of the former), but can't find much else online that they produced.

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

They did a lettered edition of Fuckin Lie Down Already, it came with a cd of Brian Keene reading a Piccirilli short story.
    There was a hardcover novella from Brian Lumley called The House Of The Temple.
    Lastly, there was a chapbook from Gary Braunbeck, We Now Pause For Station Identification.

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The Lumley, and the Piccirilli also had perfect bound ARCs

The press was owned by a guy named Roger Range.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks so much. So, as far as anyone knows- is that the total bibliography of the press? Wait, can't be, because The Pumpkin Boy was # 3 in their "Novella Series" (says so on the cover), and it looks like The House Of The Temple was # 2- what was # 1? Not the Pic book- that looks like a standalone...

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey,
    Yes the Piccirilli book was book #1.

I was a original Lifetime buyer/collector of Endeaver Press. Below is a copy of a update email I received as a lifer. This should clear up any questions you still had after my above provided info.

[Endeavor Press] 2003 in review
    Roger Range <rogerrange@endeavorpress.net>
    Sent:
    Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 4:22 pm
    To:
    Endeavorpress@endeavorpress.net
    Hi everyone,

It’s that time of year – when everyone looks back at the highs and lows of the year gone by. 2003 was a rollercoaster first year for Endeavor Press, so there’s a lot to talk about.

Technical problems with our mailing list and website host have delayed this mailing, but we're working on the problems and they should hopefully all be fixed soon. We should then be able to send mailings and make updates to the website on a much more regular basis. Mailing list emails will now also be posted to the message board. If for any reason you are not receiving all the mailings, let me know so I can look into the problem.

My main focus in 2003 was Endeavor Press’s first book, FLDA by Tom Piccirilli (I've initialized the title to make sure it gets through spam filters). It’s been an adventure, to say the least. Many of you have heard some of the problems with this book, but here's the whole story: In August of 2003, the printer rushed me a partial shipment of the Limited Edition of FLDA in time to be released at the Horrorfind Weekend convention in Baltimore. Those books were earmarked for direct sales at the convention, as well as review copies and contributor copies. Needless to say, they didn’t last long. I expected the remainder of the shipment very soon after, but it was September before they arrived. When I inspected them, literally 3/4 of the books were defective (mostly binding problems). I was able to fill all of my direct preorders and some of my retailer orders out of that final shipment plus the leftovers from the original partial shipment. The defective books were returned to the bindery to be printed again, and I received the replacements just in time to take them to the World Fantasy convention in D.C. over Halloween weekend. As I inspected the new shipment at the convention, I found that, again, 3/4 of *those* books were defective. I still have not received the replacement copies from that shipment, though I expect to get them in the next few weeks. I had been waiting on the replacement copies so I could fill the rest of my retailer orders, but as it's taking longer than it should, I've gone ahead and sent partial shipments to several retailers. While I was able to fill all of my direct preorders and send out some review copies by the end of 2003, I am not at all pleased with the delays on this book. Most of the problems were mistakes in the binding process, and the books were obviously not inspected adequately at the printer before being shipped to me.

Retailers should receive the partial shipments very soon, so if you have not ordered your copy directly, there will be some available from retailers shortly. Many of the retailers carrying Endeavor Press titles have links on the website, or you can email me and ask.

While I've been waiting on Limited Edition replacement copies, I've also been working on the Lettered Edition. The books themselves have arrived and they look fantastic. The Bonus CD is complete, and the traycase maker is finalizing the design, incorporating a custom pocket for the CD. Once the design and materials are approved, the traycases should be complete in about two months.

With the terrible delays of FLDA, I’ve had to rework the production schedule. I did not want to go forward with this printer on a second book until the problems with the first one were fixed to my satisfaction, and that still hasn’t happened. While I explore other printers, I'm going to try to be more conservative in my expectations for the time being. The next book up will be "The House of the Temple" by Brian Lumley. Most of the preparation work on that book is done, and I expect to be able to publish it sometime this spring. Next will be Al Sarrantonio's "The Pumpkin Boy" which should be out late summer or early fall 2004. After that will be the anthology "Dueling Minds" Edited by Brian Freeman in the winter of 2004. And after that will be the still-as-yet-untitled novelette by Simon Clark in the spring of 2005. Within that time frame, there are also several chapbook projects that I plan to release as time allows, so keep your eyes open for them. I have a few ideas for projects beyond that, but nothing I'm ready to talk about at this time. The Endeavor Press website should be updated very soon to reflect these changes. I sincerely hope that I'll be able to stick to this production schedule, but I’m not making any firm promises (I've learned better this past year).

I’ve been very pleased with the layout, design and artwork of FLDA, and I’ve gotten some very positive feedback from customers. Everyone who has worked on FLDA and "The House of the Temple" has done an incredible job, and I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of each book on the schedule.

Here are a few of the comments I've received from customers about FLDA:

"Just finished [FLDA] and I must say you have a great debut. Quality production and great story, what more could one want."

"It's a rush to say the least. A worthy selection to start Endeavor Press."

"I recently received the Tom Piccirilli book and was very impressed. I'd be more than happy to support your future ventures, especially from writers I've enjoyed."

"It was a quick, neat tale. It definitely makes one think about what can be accomplished by a person's drive. Thoroughly enjoyed it."

"What a beautiful book!!! Great story and artwork . . . just a fantastic overall production."

Coming up February 6-8, Endeavor Press will have a dealer's table at the mystery convention, "Love is Murder" at the Radisson O'Hare in Chicago, IL. I'll be there all weekend, so if you have a chance to attend the convention, be sure to stop by the table and say hi!

One last bit of information: The phone number for Endeavor Press has changed, though the mailing, email and website addresses remain the same. The new phone number is listed below; please make a note of it.

Well, that's all for now. Thank you all for your continued support and patience.

Sincerely,

Roger Range

Endeavor Press

1515 Hickory Wood Drive

Annapolis, MD 21401

rogerrange@endeavorpress.net

www.endeavorpress.net

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thank you- that is extremely helpful! His run was far more brief than I thought.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Thank you- that is extremely helpful! His run was far more brief than I thought.
    Yes, it was unfortunately brief as a lifer like myself.

You can see the book number 1 badge lower left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post

Ouch. Was it a brutal hit? How had you first heard of them, and, what prompted you to sign up for a Life Time membership, if you don't mind me asking? Keeping my ear fairly low to the ground on all things Small Press for.. many, many years now- I hadn't heard of them until they were done. Or, on their last gasp, at least.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post

Ouch. Was it a brutal hit? How had you first heard of them, and, what prompted you to sign up for a Life Time membership, if you don't mind me asking? Keeping my ear fairly low to the ground on all things Small Press for.. many, many years now- I hadn't heard of them until they were done. Or, on their last gasp, at least.
    I first heard of Endeavor on the Brian Lumley site. I have collected nearly every book from Lumley, so in doing my diligence, they were found. I found Delirium Books the same way. I was quite a bit younger, naive, and trusting. A lifetime subscription for a never ending supply of limited edition books for only 500 bucks seemed cheap. I did it with Delirium and Bloodletting too. I should have pursued Cemetery Dance back then instead, oh well, live and learn.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone like Susan Hill? Centipede Press has the signed/limited of The Woman in Black up for sale HERE.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's a typo in that URL. This is the correct link:

http://www.centipedepress.com/horror/womaninblack.html

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's a great price.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post

Weird, worked for me. Thanks!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

How timely...I almost — almost — won an eBay auction tonight for the lettered of Piccirilli’s FLDA. It’s a great novella.

And, yes, I bought the Susan Hill item this morning. :-)

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post

Weird, worked for me. Thanks!
    Did you edit your post after I posted? On my phone, it had an extra "http://" at the end of it. Checking on my desktop, your URL is correct now. Weird, indeed.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I first got the email this morning it was $95.00. Then this afternoon it was $100.00. Now it's $110.00. Not cool Jerad.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    When I first got the email this morning it was $95.00. Then this afternoon it was $100.00. Now it's $110.00. Not cool Jerad.
    ..and now only 8 copies left.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Wow, I totally missed that. Seriously, not cool.

Guess it didn't matter though, it's sold out now!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I don't know if there are any Philip Pullman fans here, but Folio Society just announced a reprint of the His Dark Materials set.

Interestingly (and perhaps infuriatingly), there are actually two such sets, although FS crafts things so that you generally only see the one they want you to see; the difference is in the title used for the first book (originally Northern Lights, but released as The Golden Compass in North America and other spots). UK buyers would see the set with NL; US buyers would see the one with TGC (and I'm sure they break it down by country for everywhere else). I've heard that this is due to rights issues etc. (and this may not be news to any serious Pullman fan/collector).

The two sets can be viewed at:

US: https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/his...erials-us.html

UK: https://www.foliosociety.com/uk/his-dark-materials.html

Some details:
    3 volume set
    Bound in printed and blocked cloth
    Frontispiece and 10 full-page colour illustrations in each volume
    Chapter opening drawings throughout by Philip Pullman
    1,168 pages in total
    Printed and blocked slipcase 9½˝ x 6¼˝
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Relaxed

For The Thing or Who Goes There? fans: Link to an article about an interesting Kickstarter (I'm in!):

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/21/...s-horror-novel

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading Artemis by Andy Weir. Really liking it as it is a good story and fast paced. I really liked The Martian by him also.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Grim Oak Press released an incredible first piece of artwork for Stephen R. Donaldson's Lord Foul's Bane - Allen Morris is doing the wraparound jacket and interiors.

https://grimoakpress.com/collections...imited-edition

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast