Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 998 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 498 898 948 988 996 997 998 999 1000 1008 1048 1098 ... LastLast
Results 24,926 to 24,950 of 27563

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Quote Originally Posted by palooka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Thought I'd post this link as it may interest IT collectors.

http://www.uraniaaste.com/lotto/488-...paolo-it-2017/
    Thanks. he catalogue also has some other bits in there too, non king related, bernie wrightson piece, and other stuff like judge dredd, doctor strange, disney drawings and random nudes..

Point being if bernie wrightson fans may be interested in hisbit. Lot 466 i think.
    Why would this interest an IT collector? Forgive my ignorance but this person had nothing to do with the book... or the 25th release.
    Wow! Is that supposed to be funny?

Why would a published illustration of a famous scene from It, be of interest to It collectors? I've no idea.
    No, not at all. They had nothing to do with the artwork that I’m aware of. If that’s the case... then Etsy would be a playground of IT art. We are collectors.... are we not? I wasn’t trying to be rude just asking why... and that is not a reason for me anyways and I’m a hardcore IT collector. Not to mention... the price? Really? The person is a comic strip artist and did a piece of IT... so a collector of his work? Yes I can see that. One of King’s most famous books? No, I can’t see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. he catalogue also has some other bits in there too, non king related, bernie wrightson piece, and other stuff like judge dredd, doctor strange, disney drawings and random nudes..

Point being if bernie wrightson fans may be interested in hisbit. Lot 466 i think.
    Why would this interest an IT collector? Forgive my ignorance but this person had nothing to do with the book... or the 25th release.

Why would a published illustration of a famous scene from It, be of interest to It collectors? I've no idea.
    No, not at all. They had nothing to do with the artwork that I’m aware of. If that’s the case... then Etsy would be a playground of IT art. We are collectors.... are we not? I wasn’t trying to be rude just asking why... and that is not a reason for me anyways and I’m a hardcore IT collector. Not to mention... the price? Really? The person is a comic strip artist and did a piece of IT... so a collector of his work? Yes I can see that. One of King’s most famous books? No, I can’t see it.

The picture, by a published comic artist, was used as the cover of a magazine. That isn't Etsy material.

I can see it being collectible.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tend to agree with you Kris, you probably know more than most, but you also must know some collectors will buy Remarques or art from other artists.

I wouldn’t buy it as not into that stuff, similarly I wouldn’t buy Chadbourne’s pennywise, but some do, or his king book covers, or many artists version of the gunslinger.

I found the link intriguing enough, and shared the Bernie Wright’son connection as thought others may be interested. It was a fun 5 minutes at lunch browsing the auction pieces.

For clarity, I didn’t think you were being funny or untoward.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

The picture, by a published comic artist, was used as the cover of a magazine. That isn't Etsy material.

Exactly. The art was commissioned for a magazine that had writing about King. It's not a random person selling "original art" on Etsy. Admittedly, this is pretty low on my own totem pole of desirable collectibles but at least it's more interesting than sleeping masks, inflatable corn on the cob, those shitty fuzzy dice, tennis balls, and paperweights.

This probably won't sell because the artist isn't well known. Had Michael Whelan illustrated something for a magazine, the write-up about King could be about Lisey's Story and you'd have people here in a bidding war.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Exactly. The art was commissioned for a magazine that had writing about King. It's not a random person selling "original art" on Etsy. Admittedly, this is pretty low on my own totem pole of desirable collectibles but at least it's more interesting than sleeping masks, inflatable corn on the cob, those shitty fuzzy dice, tennis balls, and paperweights.

This probably won't sell because the artist isn't well known. Had Michael Whelan illustrated something for a magazine, the write-up about King could be about Lisey's Story and you'd have people here in a bidding war.
    Yeah, Etsy was me trying to make a point. But you know I really agree with you on the Whelan part. I mean he has been with King’s work forever.... damm near since the start. Even if it was another big King artist. I just can’t imagine anyone paying this kind of money for that. Unless they collect his art of course. Wasn’t trying to be funny either... but rather discuss.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

My question again... but by who? I consider my IT collection to be pretty vast.... and I wouldn’t even consider it. All I’m saying.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The website says :
    "Film Tv magazine n. 42 year XXV of October 2017"

Pastel and ink on thin cardboard. Original cover done by Bacileri for Film Tv magazine n. 42 year XXV of October 2017. Signed and dated.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

My question again... but by who? I consider my IT collection to be pretty vast.... and I wouldn’t even consider it. All I’m saying.
    I'll concede that if it was a more famous comic artist, say Bernie Wrightson, it would be more collectible.

The artist is published in Italy and France. Someone from there is likely to be most interested. Followed by the rest of Europe. Followed by anyone else who happens to like it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

I'll concede that if it was a more famous comic artist, say Bernie Wrightson, it would be more collectible.

The artist is published in Italy and France. Someone from there is likely to be most interested. Followed by the rest of Europe. Followed by anyone else who happens to like it.
    Yeah if he is big for sure. His fans would probably go for it. IT collectors or King probably not. I never heard of him myself. Same as I never understood Remarques in books that were done by other artists. To each his own I guess.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a comment.....since I am a lover of remarques.....yes, to each their own.....collecting is by very individual styles, everyone has their own "thing." While I favor remarques in books done by the artist for THAT particular book, I also like/appreciate remarques/art in books NOT by original artist.

I am a known lover of Shawshank Redemption...both the story in Different Seasons and the movie too. Our esteemed Jerome did a couple "special" Different Seasons books awhile back with original remarques done in them and rebound.....was way too rich for my blood, but I LOVED so much the remarque that Alex McVey did of the warden finding the hole that Andy escaped from that I asked Alex to do a similar remarque in my personal Different Seasons book and also asked him to do a sketch of both Andy and Red....I know some will think that I defaced a perfectly good signed (by King) book, but for me, I adore my copy and love the artwork....I DO recognize that some items float peoples' boats while others leave them flat/uninterested...that is why collecting is fun! You can go after what you want, not what others say you should own. I took my copy to the 20th Anniversary party for the movie held 5 years ago at the Mansfield State Prison in Mansfield Ohio and got the "Warden" to sign my book.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Love those images, and a magnificent signature.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love that book and the remarques
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

David
    WOW!
    Great remarques!

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

very cool item coming up for auction at Swann galleries. Apparently, in 1979 Everest House asked King to fill out a 6 page questionnaire about Danse Macabre. Here is the link:

Danse Macabre [Publisher's Questionnaire.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL, estimated value $400-$600. I will buy it now for that
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, so would I. If only they’d taken four more pictures. Even his questionnaires are a fun read.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    LOL, estimated value $400-$600. I will buy it now for that
    It also says :

"with-Various printed publisher's promotional material for the book including corrected reviews, ad ledgers, mock-ups and mailers. NY, 1981."

so $400-600 is definitely not a realistic price...

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Extras? Bah I am only wanting it for $200 now
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    very cool item coming up for auction at Swann galleries. Apparently, in 1979 Everest House asked King to fill out a 6 page questionnaire about Danse Macabre. Here is the link:

Danse Macabre [Publisher's Questionnaire.

Ahahah, I love the last reply
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

I wish it was cheaper : IT movie press kit (1990)

$499
    + shipping to me : $22
    + import fees : 116

Too much for me...

> https://www.ebay.fr/itm/293054077224?ul_noapp=true

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems very pricey, sticking to my $200 on the Danse thingy
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Love those images, and a magnificent signature.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Just a comment.....since I am a lover of remarques.....yes, to each their own.....collecting is by very individual styles, everyone has their own "thing." While I favor remarques in books done by the artist for THAT particular book, I also like/appreciate remarques/art in books NOT by original artist.

I am a known lover of Shawshank Redemption...both the story in Different Seasons and the movie too. Our esteemed Jerome did a couple "special" Different Seasons books awhile back with original remarques done in them and rebound.....was way too rich for my blood, but I LOVED so much the remarque that Alex McVey did of the warden finding the hole that Andy escaped from that I asked Alex to do a similar remarque in my personal Different Seasons book and also asked him to do a sketch of both Andy and Red....I know some will think that I defaced a perfectly good signed (by King) book, but for me, I adore my copy and love the artwork....I DO recognize that some items float peoples' boats while others leave them flat/uninterested...that is why collecting is fun! You can go after what you want, not what others say you should own. I took my copy to the 20th Anniversary party for the movie held 5 years ago at the Mansfield State Prison in Mansfield Ohio and got the "Warden" to sign my book.

That's AWESOME David! And I agree, to each their own.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sold by a member heere:

STEPHEN KING THE DARK TOWER I: THE GUNSLINGER, FIRST EDITION - DUST JACKET ONLY

Pre-Owned
    $89.00
    Apr-18 18:005 bids
    Free Shipping

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Fine Pet Sematary for sale, accepting offers, the dust jacket is in rare form.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153455951989

He’s also got a fine IT for a good price considering what they’ve been going for in this condition.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153455951974
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 998 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 498 898 948 988 996 997 998 999 1000 1008 1048 1098 ... LastLast