Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 599 1099 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 27568

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

I've started building one out of tooth picks...i will have a buy it now when i'm done....

PS I guess I'd better start picking up all those comics i usually pass on....
    it appears as though some folks here would want them

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

What? No BUY IT NOW ?!??!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Comics?
    What?
    Who?
    Me?

Um... yeah!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Just DT or what else?
    I dont think any of the 8 million people in Toronto read anything except the newspaper.
    They leave everything else for me.

Default Russian King Covers

Came across a listing that might be intriguing for anyone who collects King foreign stuff~ cool covers!!

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Russian-...LH_TitleDesc=1

I f somebody could save these pictures in the right place here somewhere, as I dont know, it would be great to have them referenced

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    If somebody could save these pictures in the right place here somewhere, as I dont know, it would be great to have them referenced
    You need the picture owner's permission to use their pictures. You could be sued for infringing their intelectual property rights.

This morning, I had a seller remove my pictures from their auction. They never asked permission. To their credit, they removed them immediately.

Funny you should say Rabbit, I posted to the complain thread about that yesterday. I was searching King books and saw a picture of my book on my oak photo stand with my wooden studio background...i sent the seller a really pissed off email....he apologized and removed immediately saying he thought it was a stock picture, as soon as it was replaced by the actual stock image of this book, I emailed him back and said.
    "damn that looks like crap, put my picture back.

My thinking was that if this seller actually gets $300 for the book (which is a new book as is mine) it would be good for the title and good for holding and raising the value of "our" stuff. The seller has not returned my image as for sure he thinks I'm a lunatic now as would I.

As for owners image rights, this is a field where I have much experience as my photos have appeared in hundreds of places around the world.

There is a huge difference between an owner of the actual image and the owner of an image of an image...does that make sense?

These Russian book covers are most likely scans of the covers and/or stock pictures of the books. Nobody scanning or photographing a piece of existing art can claim any rights to the image.
    The actual artist or perhaps publisher could maybe say "you used are picture" we will sue you.

But there is something called "publicity use".
    In promoting a book, cd, artist etc any original owner would be stupid as most of these uses are for the benefit of selling the product and as long as the product or person is "shown in a favorable light", be it for sales purposes, research, and or data collection, this is not an infringement.

The seller using your photos (and mine) faces different repercussion as he is claiming that that is the exact item he is selling, which is fraud, as well as if there is any hint that it is your room, desk, lamp or dust in the picture...then he has violated your rights.

This is pretty much international protocol in case you were thinking otherwise.

Damn, I'm sounding like a lawyer and the Lord knows how much I hate those.
    Now I need to take a shower and wash that crap off.

I'll post the picks if anyone thinks there is a good spot.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    If somebody could save these pictures in the right place here somewhere, as I dont know, it would be great to have them referenced
    You need the picture owner's permission to use their pictures. You could be sued for infringing their intelectual property rights.

This morning, I had a seller remove my pictures from their auction. They never asked permission. To their credit, they removed them immediately.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I kind of agree what you are saying about image rights. I sold photos for 30 odd years. It was so much easier when it was acetate. The negative owner owner the rights. Much harder with digital images.

IMO an image of an image is fair game.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I emailed him back and said.
    "damn that looks like crap, put my picture back.
    That pretty much made my day. Thank you.
    Last edited by Ricky; 07-31-2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typo
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

yes rabbit things have changed in photography big time, the "digital age " has destroyed artist rights....before my lawyers used to hang anyone in the town square who used my stuff without forking over the dough...I used to get residuals from stuff i didn't even remember photographing...these days I hand over a disc and get as much as I can right there cause controlling any internet usage is beyond anyone's capacity and there is no way of catching up to every joe blow that posts your image cause they think its cool...
    These days you just have to be happy that people like your stuff.

what kind of photography did you do??

I kind of agree what you are saying about image rights. I sold photos for 30 odd years. It was so much easier when it was acetate. The negative owner owner the rights. Much harder with digital images.

IMO an image of an image is fair game.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

One you don't see up for sale too often (but I think this is the trade paperback version):

Stephen King Collectibles

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    One you don't see up for sale too often (but I think this is the trade paperback version):

John
    I got one from Betts for $15 not long ago.

Country
    Country Flag

what kind of photography did you do??
    Mainly industrial advertising.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I got one from Betts for $15 not long ago.
    So, you're saying the $99. starting price is a tad high?!?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Came across a listing that might be intriguing for anyone who collects King foreign stuff~ cool covers!!

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Russian-...LH_TitleDesc=1

I f somebody could save these pictures in the right place here somewhere, as I dont know, it would be great to have them referenced
    If you're interested by covers, you could see this link :

All Stephen King bookcovers : list of the books
    Fr = om my website... but the titles are the french ones.

Or...
    http://www.stephenkingshop.com/bookcovers.htm
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

wow

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think someone got a pretty good deal on a S/L THE GUNSLINGER this morning. I did a quick check on ABE this morning at about 4:30 AM Central as I was leaving for the pool and saw one for sale (#108, I think but I could be wrong) for $2500. It's gone now.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I think someone got a pretty good deal on a S/L THE GUNSLINGER this morning. I did a quick check on ABE this morning at about 4:30 AM Central as I was leaving for the pool and saw one for sale (#108, I think but I could be wrong) for $2500. It's gone now.
    Great price.

Why don't you have your own pool? Or maybe you do... and it's a loooong walk to it

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I checked Abe yesterday afternoon and didn't see it, so it might have only been there for a few hours....too bad, I would have def. bought at that price...

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would have sold a kidney to fund such a purchase!

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I checked Abe yesterday afternoon and didn't see it, so it might have only been there for a few hours....too bad, I would have def. bought at that price...
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I would have sold a kidney to fund such a purchase!

That's why we have two, right? To fund Sai King purchases.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Greg (Shibus) was selling it. He had two, sold one to VeryFineBooks and the other he put on eBay.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Default Wow ebay sellers just get stupider all the time.

This idiot thinks its just fine to picture a signed book, even though his is NOT??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

He says its the only picture he could find......

IDIOT!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Reported to eBay.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Guys are taking a $6.94 buy-it-now auction a little seriously...haha...

Well Rahfa its starts as a $7 buy it now and turns into an epidemic...heres another idiot selling a book club using the same signed picture for $100

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Guys are taking a $6.94 buy-it-now auction a little seriously...haha...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 599 1099 ... LastLast