Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 971 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 471 871 921 961 969 970 971 972 973 981 1021 1071 ... LastLast
Results 24,251 to 24,275 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    I now know that the likelihood of a previous owner counterfeiting the P/C in my copy of The Plant, Part Two, is so high that I will not put it up for sale. Taking Roseannebarr's recommendation as a first step, I learned that the P/C was not written by the publisher, nor was it done by Mr. King's hand. This means the P/C is counterfeit.

While the existence of the fake P/C is definitely undesirable, I will have to live with it. I don't think I would feel the same way if it was a fake Stephen King signature on an otherwise very valuable first edition. For some reason, having a first edition of any author with a known counterfeit signature on my bookshelf seems repulsive. Not the same feeling I have with this. But it's not great.

Thank you all for your help.
    I have genuine respect for this person.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I now know that the likelihood of a previous owner counterfeiting the P/C in my copy of The Plant, Part Two, is so high that I will not put it up for sale. Taking Roseannebarr's recommendation as a first step, I learned that the P/C was not written by the publisher, nor was it done by Mr. King's hand. This means the P/C is counterfeit.

While the existence of the fake P/C is definitely undesirable, I will have to live with it. I don't think I would feel the same way if it was a fake Stephen King signature on an otherwise very valuable first edition. For some reason, having a first edition of any author with a known counterfeit signature on my bookshelf seems repulsive. Not the same feeling I have with this. But it's not great.

Perhaps a way to "redeem" the chapbook is to plead with Marsha and if lucky, King would cross out the "PC" designation and write and sign "Fake! Steve King 9/?/2018

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Perhaps a way to "redeem" the chapbook is to plead with Marsha and if lucky, King would cross out the "PC" designation and write and sign "Fake! Steve King 9/?/2018
    God that would be amazing.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

With new crazy prices, this is a (IMO) good deal. HURRY!

$60 BIN

The Running Man by Richard Bachman, Stephen King (First Edition, First Printing)

Pre-Owned

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

I feel like this is a mountain being made out of a molehill.

It is an unsigned copy pf The Plant.....nobody disputes that.

If you want to sell the book, but you have qualms about doing so...just state in the auction text that you do not believe that King or Alpert wrote the "P/C" on the limitation page.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

If you want to sell the book, but you have qualms about doing so...just state in the auction text that you do not believe that King or Alpert wrote the "P/C" on the limitation page.
    Well said Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Well said Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. Being honest is all a buyer really wants and deserves. No need to hold back from selling.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post

Weird. I could have sworn I put that in the "Stephen King Figures" thread.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the real deal. If so, $149 BIN, is a very good price. Hurry! (NOT signed)

Charlie the Choo Choo Stephen King The Dark Tower SDCC Promo Book No UPC

Brand New

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Already gone!

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Already gone!

Mulleins
    Hope someone here got it. I could have/possibly should have. It's worth twice or more the BIN price.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I had no idea the value on these.

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Already gone!

Mulleins
    Hope someone here got it. I could have/possibly should have. It's worth twice or more the BIN price.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pricey, but tough to find in mint condition. King story is "The man in the black suit".

New Yorker magazine October 31 1994 Stephen King's 1st story in NYer MINT

Brand New

Same thing.

New Yorker magazine June 19 & 26 2000 Stephen King on his car accident MINT

Brand New

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I wish I had thought to come here before listing The Plant. I am the person who has it listed on eBay, but I am certainly not the one who wrote P/C in the book! I did photograph it, however, and I do my best to ensure my listings are accurate. I decided to check this thread out earlier today and read the posted comments. Then I pulled up my listing and added a disclaimer to deal with this issue. Then I joined thedarktower.org. If anyone would be willing to check out my revised listing, I would really appreciate feedback on this. I bought it on eBay maybe four years ago, and unless someone snuck into my office, found my copy and vandalized it, I bought it that way and never saw the issue. What a lesson.

Just a suggestion

Before you lower your price. Go to the university of Orono website in Maine. Email the guy that made them and ask if he labeled any Pc
    John mentioned his copy says "proof copy". Wonder if you could compare the handwriting of the PC to the handwriting in the "proof copy". It wouldn't be definitive, but if it is obviously different then you know someone wrote it in. Especially if the ink is different.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    John mentioned his copy says "proof copy". Wonder if you could compare the handwriting of the PC to the handwriting in the "proof copy". It wouldn't be definitive, but if it is obviously different then you know someone wrote it in. Especially if the ink is different.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Sleeping Beauties", the UK proof
    > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Book-Stephe...-/232899158857
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Would be a great deal if not for the $23 shipping. Still a bit cheaper than from SK Collector:
    Stephen King Salem's Lot Traycase

New (Other)

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Would be a great deal if not for the $23 shipping. Still a bit cheaper than from SK Collector:
    Stephen King Salem's Lot Traycase

New (Other)

Has some damage to spine that probably brings it down

edward

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Thank you for your encouraging words, ideas, and positive approaches to my P/C issue! I have for many years collected Stephen King's writings, and for a much longer period of my life I have read and enjoyed his works. My reading will continue as long as my eyes hold out, but my life circumstances now require me to liquidate much of my collection. Just several weeks ago, I thought I would only be selling a small part of my collection, and started listing them on eBay. But I cannot spend the kind of time it would take to list and sell the 60 or so books I must sell, so I am going to explore selling one or more large lots to one or more booksellers. I would greatly appreciate any ideas or advice.

And thank you, Mr. Rabbit Trick, for the photo to compare. The handwriting is definitely different and the "P/C" on mine is in blue ink. Mr. Randall Flagg's idea has merit because I think Mr. King is the kind of man who would probably do that! However, if he did, I would not be able to keep it because of my new circumstance. Asking Mr. King to intervene, in this case, would be for the sole purpose of making it saleable and I never really wanted to sell it in the first place. I Anyway, I think tippy4 has it right as well.

edward

Well, I thought I figured out how to include previous comments into my new comment, but only Mr. Rabbit Trick's was included. I must figure this out or change my handle here to old and stupid!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going to explore selling one or more large lots to one or more booksellers. I would greatly appreciate any ideas or advice.
    As long as you are talking King books, contact David Williamson at Bett's Books. He can either buy the books outright or sell them on a consignment basis.

He is a member here - wizardsrainbow

www.bettsbooks.com
    david@bettsbooks.com
    (203) 292-8616
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am going to explore selling one or more large lots to one or more booksellers. I would greatly appreciate any ideas or advice.
    As long as you are talking King books, contact David Williamson at Bett's Books. He can either buy the books outright or sell them on a consignment basis.

He is a member here - wizardsrainbow

www.bettsbooks.com
    david@bettsbooks.com
    (203) 292-8616
    Yes, definitely talk to David if you are looking to sell King books! Many people on this site have purchased or sold items through him and he has an unimpeachable reputation. He is also good about letting members here and other places know the he is listing new books, so you can bet that they will get some attention as soon as they are listed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 971 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 471 871 921 961 969 970 971 972 973 981 1021 1071 ... LastLast