Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 963 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 463 863 913 953 961 962 963 964 965 973 1013 1063 ... LastLast
Results 24,051 to 24,075 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Is that not way too high a price for two Fine first edition copies of The Stand?
    Last edited by Father Cody; 07-13-2018 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Clarification: Asking because I really don’t know
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Is that not way too high a price for two Fine first edition copies of The Stand?
    If you go by the collector (which I tend to do) a first ed stand tops out at $350. So unless his site is really off, that does seem a bit high. Saw a few on eBay that go up to about $400 for one. I still think
    $2500 is a lot for two.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

A fine Stand is $600+ now. That price is high and why would he not split them up? Who wants 2 copies? Odd....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    If you go by the collector (which I tend to do) a first ed stand tops out at $350. So unless his site is really off, that does seem a bit high. Saw a few on eBay that go up to about $400 for one. I still think
    $2500 is a lot for two.
    If he listed them for 1500, he would probably get it, which would be a great price for them. The fact that he's listing them for 2500, though, makes me think he probably wouldn't go under 2000, which is too much, even if they actually sell. He's advertising them as TWINS as if that means something to anyone but him. Two 1st edition The Stands don't carry a premium just because they're in the same shape, unless you happen to be the buyer with the fond memory of having purchased them for next to nothing.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

$1500 for both would probably be the limit. But they would have to perfect. I mean no rips, discoloration and the binding would have to be great. But even that would be a stretch. But who am I to talk. I would be lucky if my Stand is worth $150.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

$1500 for both would probably be the limit. But they would have to perfect. I mean no rips, discoloration and the binding would have to be great. But even that would be a stretch. But who am I to talk. I would be lucky if my Stand is worth $150.
    That's about twice as much as my copy is worth hahaha

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I was saying 1500 as a high price that he could probably get somebody to pull the trigger on as a BIN. Personally, I wouldn’t want to spend more than 1000, but I’m also not looking for 2 additional 1st edition The Stands
    Looking for:

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Isnt that seller the same guy some called bs on? Pics werent his etc?

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Plus if you look at the jackets, they do have edge wear . And yes, drastically overpriced.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I was saying 1500 as a high price that he could probably get somebody to pull the trigger on as a BIN. Personally, I wouldn’t want to spend more than 1000, but I’m also not looking for 2 additional 1st edition The Stands
    I agree with you %100. I can think of plenty of of other items I would spend $1500 on. Let alone $2500. I still need to find a F/F stand at some point. Some day maybe after I see about 1 or 2 more limited ed.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

'This year, 2018, I will be selling the entire collection, and I’ll price things to sell'
    ...says the guy listing 850 dollars worth of books for 2000 dollars.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...itleDesc=0%7C0
    Looking for:

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

'This year, 2018, I will be selling the entire collection, and I’ll price things to sell'

After trying to work with him one on one after an eBay purchase, I found that he was very unreasonable with his pricing. These are the first listings he's posted since selling to me back in February. Not to mention, the books I did receive from him wreaked of cigarette smoke. He claimed it was "due to the fact that most came from book shops that allowed smoking back in the day".

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post

After trying to work with him one on one after an eBay purchase, I found that he was very unreasonable with his pricing. These are the first listings he's posted since selling to me back in February. Not to mention, the books I did receive from him wreaked of cigarette smoke. He claimed it was "due to the fact that most came from book shops that allowed smoking back in the day".
    That is a ridiculous excuse for the smoke smell, and it pretty much guarantees that I’ll never even try to buy something from him. Thanks for letting us know. Other members have had weird interactions with him too.
    Looking for:

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    Not to mention, the books I did receive from him wreaked of cigarette smoke. He claimed it was "due to the fact that most came from book shops that allowed smoking back in the day".
    “A better U.S. First Edition of IT, there is none!”

That’s a pretty bold claim. He doesn’t mention anything about cigarette smoke under defects on this listing. Did he mention that on yours?

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Did he mention that on yours?
    No, I had to ask after I opened the boxes and was greeted by an overwhelming odor. I messaged him immediately asking if he smoked and he said no and offered that excuse. Fortunately, after putting them in an enclosed bookcase with some deodorizing lava rocks from Home Depot the odor did go away.

My Mood
    Chatty

Smoke smell seems like a defect to me but I could be wrong. Glad to hear you got rid of it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Being a SK Collector since 1975 and not being a smoker I would assume there collection was put together when things where issued. The smoke smell doesn't happen after one or two smokes it has to be over time, continuous smoke. Just makes me think a little more about the truth in the listings.

Country
    Country Flag

He's offered a significant reduction. $100!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't you get a NF/F signed 1st of IT for that asking price?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quick! Deal of the century!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F382520203711

Edit: bah, the seller changed the price from 1,950 to 19.50. It was funnier before
    Looking for:

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I asked the seller for some pictures of this IT Viking Proof (because why not)
    here they are, maybe this interests someone here

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Scribner NEVER reply to my messages, so does anybody know if the upcoming "special edition" of "Bag of Bones" will have any bonuses?
    I believe that Brian said a few weeks ago t hat they were looking into it

> https://www.amazon.com/Bag-Bones-Ste...dp/1982102497/
    The cover picture has been updated on amazon, it seems that the only bonus will be a "Q&A" that was available in the "original publication"?
    > https://www.amazon.com/Bag-Bones-Ste...+bones+special

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 963 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 463 863 913 953 961 962 963 964 965 973 1013 1063 ... LastLast