Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 932 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 432 832 882 922 930 931 932 933 934 942 982 1032 ... LastLast
Results 23,276 to 23,300 of 27551

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I used to be just the opposite--I wanted ALL the proofs, both the "original" ones and the ones for the reprints. Now I'm no longer collecting, otherwise those CD Sleeping Beauties would have been gone into my collection.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$25 BIN and free shipping is a pretty good deal. Book looks to be in excellent shape.

FIRST PLUME PRINTING THE DARK TOWER THE GUNSLINGER STEPHEN KING 1988

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One of these sold recently in a matter of minutes after being posted. If you want one, I suggest you HURRY!:

Stephen King Salem's Lot Centipede Press - Ltd-Ed. Printers Samples

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Wasn’t it for under $400 with the traycase? Lol

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by louis2003b View Post
    Wasn’t it for under $400 with the traycase? Lol
    Not sure what you mean. The ebay item is a printers sample copy (unsigned) of the S/L version. It also has art in it that wasn't included in the finalized product.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some more background for this auction - I contacted this guy when he first listed them to see if there were any differences between the numbered edition and these books. Other than the lack of signature page, there are not. I don't know if there were other differences between the signed and unsigned versions of this book so it may be effectively identical to the non-signed version, but with a slipcase. I think it's a bit of a misnomer for him to say they "are more rare than the signed version."

However, it looks like they've been selling well. The first one of twelve sold immediately for $1200, and I think he sold a second, third, and fourth for $900 each in the month or so the auction's been up. As he mentions in the description, these are copies that the printer got to keep at the end of the printing process, and he acquired them in the original packaging so they are pristine.

Not sure if this influences anyone's decision one way or the other but I thought I'd chime in.

I'm interested in these as well but I haven't pulled the trigger

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It also has art in it that wasn't included in the finalized product.
    I had not heard this!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It sold.

<--------------Wishes he would have pulled the trigger and bought it himself.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It sold.

<--------------Wishes he would have pulled the trigger and bought it himself.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin....c100011.m1850

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

lotuz, the pictures don't show a "pristine" book. Perhaps the $1200 book was pristine and the rest not quite so? If the $1200 book sold immediately, then why reduce the price?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm unclear if all of the artwork is bound in. I see the one piece opposite the title page.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    lotuz, the pictures don't show a "pristine" book. Perhaps the $1200 book was pristine and the rest not quite so? If the $1200 book sold immediately, then why reduce the price?
    Hmmmm. You're right. The picture hasn't changed since his first auction - my assumption was that he was selling the other ones unopened. But if the one in the pictures was "unopened" until he took the picture, then... He does mention in the description that they are "mint". He might be wrong.

The first one sold immediately and he kept it listed at $1200 for a couple weeks then dropped it to $900. I've been watching this auction for awhile

Here's our first exchange just after he sold the second copy for $900:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your previous message

Hello!

I'm curious about the printer samples of Salem's Lot that you have for sale.

Is there any difference between the 12 samples?

Also, are these differently bound and/or slipcased? I'm wondering what exactly differentiates these from the non-signed editions that were produced.

Any additional details are much appreciated.

Thanks!!

-Tim

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Tim,

The twelve samples are exactly the same.

These are exactly the same as the 300 Limited-Edition hard bound, signed and slip case books. Just not signed. The first picture shows the book partially out of the slip case.

When a printer produces an order they want to keep samples of the project to show future potential clients their work. Centipede let the printer have these 12, but not signed versions.

I had a rare book seller tell me that these should sell between the $3,000+ signed Limited-Edition version and the $500 unsigned, no slip case version. He said around $1,500 was his estimated market value.

I sold one yesterday for $900. I am going to start raising the price to see where the market value is as I list more of them.

Thanks for your interest. Hope this was helpful. -Kevin

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just can't get on board with his statement "these are more rare than the signed edition".

The following is just my opinion and not to demean any member here who picked one up...............Would I pay $500 for one...I think so, yes...but not $900, $1200, or even the $1500 he will eventually ask for the last few copies he is holding.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$950 BIN may be a bit high, but make an offer (I suggest $600, which would be a steal):
    STEPHEN KING THE WASTE LANDS 1ED REMARQUE BY NED DAMERON IN CUSTOM WOOD TRAYCASE

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

just listed a bunch more lettered's, signed books on EBAY under pasiuk57.
    Don't ask me ON ebay to make a deal outside of ebay. I got busted for this helping a guy out three weeks ago and was banned for a week. Because they own Paypal, they track emails and transactions on Paypal. Just FYI....

Give them a look!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Among all the incredible stuff that Mike is selling, is a very nice lettered edition of Jack Ketchum's THE GIRL NEXT DOOR
    > https://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KIN...sAAOSwM~tabkOU

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Don't ask me ON ebay to make a deal outside of ebay. I got busted for this helping a guy out three weeks ago and was banned for a week. Because they own Paypal, they track emails and transactions on Paypal. Just FYI....

Give them a look!
    Not to derail the thread, but is there anything out there similar to PayPal that we can use to transact with?
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Excuse the mess on the table! It is a real interesting case and book.
    If you have any wants, let me know!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Give them a look!
    Not to derail the thread, but is there anything out there similar to PayPal that we can use to transact with?
    Venmo works pretty well - but I am not sure if it offers the same protection as PayPal - as buyer/seller goes. But for transferring money between friends - works really well
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I just can't get on board with his statement "these are more rare than the signed edition".

The following is just my opinion and not to demean any member here who picked one up...............Would I pay $500 for one...I think so, yes...but not $900, $1200, or even the $1500 he will eventually ask for the last few copies he is holding.

Mulleins
    BTW - I tried for $550 - but he won't go lower than $750...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Give them a look!
    Did Facebook launch or are they still planning to sending money to friends via Messenger?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

A french guy is tryin to sell a frech FDNS signed while in Paris.
    I am no signature expert, but it looks fine to me.

He has put several offers online, as he doesnt know how to sell it. The only offer I can see now is 400€, but I saw another one for 200€
    So i'd say that if you are interested at this price (+shipping), let me know

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Signature's fine!

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 932 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 432 832 882 922 930 931 932 933 934 942 982 1032 ... LastLast