Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 593 1093 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob thanks for the note on the Six Stories. Yes, they are totally the real thing!
    I'm looking to sell them at this current time due to a private issue.
    Thanks again!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    It's the picture of King that is on the dust jacket of the first edition of Carrie.
    According to Bill Thompson, King showed up for his "author photo" looking and dressed pretty badly. Thompson told him that he needed to be wearing something more appropriate and loaned him the jacket from the suit he was wearing. That is Thompson's jacket that King is wearing.

In 1997 (gosh, has it really been that long?) I bought a large number of King items from Thompson, brokered through Stu Tinker and Peter Schneider. At the last minute he threw in the jacket and wrote a letter of provenance. The jacket was in pretty sad shape. I feel certain it had never been laundered. Coffee and tobacco stains and who knows what else. The care instructions said it could be machine washed so that is what we did and it came out pretty nice. I framed it in a large shadow box with a later edition of the book and Thompson's letter of provenance. I used to have it hanging in my basement but I have sort of lost interest in it and now it is in a closet. It's still sort of a cool item though.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Thanks for sharing that story and those photos, Bob. I vote that you hang the shadowbox back on the wall.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Or loan it to me, and I'll hang it.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Bob - Such a cool and unique item. You gotta hang it !!! Or, you know, lend it to Jerome so he can hang it !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Bob - Such a cool and unique item. You gotta hang it !!! Or, you know, lend it to Jerome so he can hang it !
    I know. It's just the whole lack of wall space thing. I'd have to take one or two things down to hang it back up and, right now, I think it will have to stay in the closet.

My Mood
    Gay

Time to build another wall !!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i vote lend it to jerome. you know, on consignment or something. he can pay rent.

Was anyone here the winning bidder on this eBay auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180348330909

I was wondering what the 12 page promo book contained. I can't recall seeing that particular item before.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure I saw that item go for a lot less not so long ago.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got one. I'll have to dig it out and see if it fits in my scanner. (I paid quite a bit more for mine than that one, but I may have gotten more items. I just don't remember. All I have listed in my spreadsheet is "UK Promo materials.)

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember that MrRabbitTrick have recently posted somewhere that he also owns one set
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

[quote=carlosdetweiller;379380]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    It's the picture of King that is on the dust jacket of the first edition of Carrie.
    According to Bill Thompson, King showed up for his "author photo" looking and dressed pretty badly. Thompson told him that he needed to be wearing something more appropriate and loaned him the jacket from the suit he was wearing. That is Thompson's jacket that King is wearing.

Thanks for the story, Bob. It is interesting to read an anecdote about the raw innocence of SK's initial experience in with big-time publishing.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Hey Ari,
    That one doesn't do a lot for me. Besides there are too many "zeros" in the asking price! I did look through his portfolio, though, and like many of his other works. He's a good artist. I really liked the Three Stooges paintings.
    It did it for Stephen King. He bought it, and it's now hanging in his office.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That guy is freaking delusional!

He's got movie art for c-movies, yeah, not even B, we're talking "straight to internet", skip the "straight to video", for like $85,000.

He does great likenesses, but really? 100,000 for a painting that appeared for less than 5 seconds? And it's not even close to the same quality as his other overpriced crap for the 1985 movies that 4 people saw.

He did a TON of stuff, no0 doubt, but the price is still insane. can't get over how good some of the liknesses are. Guy is definately talented, but still cracked in the head.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I dunno...more than a few are marked "sold," for what that's worth.

Would I buy it? No...But, he's got them listed at those prices for some reason...

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Drew Struzan is known throughout the movie/film collector's world as one of the top artists. His work is seen all over the globe. Since I see nothing to the contrary, I would assume the artwork for sale is original work and not reproduction. It's out of my reach, but not overpriced from what I have seen elsewhere from similar artists. Keep in mind that some of the works command a premium simply because of the subject, ie. Star Wars, The Goonies, and other cult films with fanatical fan bases. If I had the free cash, I would buy some of the works in a heartbeat.

Bear in mind also, that I have seen relatively unknown artists sell original works for nearly $20,000. For comparison purposes only, no King stuff here, check out Alex Ross's site. He is a well know comic artist whose work is known to be groundbreaking in the comic world. http://www.alexrossart.com/
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Gay

( keep in mind, Alex is probably the preeminent comic book artist of our time - especially his variant cover work )

Country
    Country Flag

Very true. But Struzan is one of the best in his field too.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just can't understand how I can go buy a Rembrandt etching for $50,000, or a Van Gogh for $20,000, but need to pay $100,000 for "The Goonies"
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Country
    Country Flag

It all goes down to taste. Keep in mind though, that the Rembrandts and Van Goghs that can be had for those prices are often the less famous ones. I doubt you could get the original Starry Night for that price. Also, a lot of Rembrandts were etchings if I remember correctly (not much of an artist myself or a student of art history) and those weren't limited to one printing. Struzan's work can be had much cheaper than his prices for the original work. So can most other artists' works.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The last of our fund raising auctions will begin today.

Stephen King-The Non Fiction Red Slipcase Special Edition to 2000 #451
    PS Publishing Colorado Kid books in a custom PS slipcase.
    The Stand 1-5 Signed by Mike Perkins for our fundraiser
    The Art of Michael Whelan--shrinkwrapped
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Just can't understand how I can go buy a Rembrandt etching for $50,000, or a Van Gogh for $20,000, but need to pay $100,000 for "The Goonies"
    If you can get a Rembrandt or Van Gogh for those prices you need to mortagage everything you have and buy them right now, today. You need to rob whoever you can, and steal from your mother if you need to, because she'll thank you later.

I do know what you mean about "The Goonies," though...how can it be an investment at that price? And if it's not an investment, then I don't know why it would be worth that...

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But "Big Trouble in Little China" is a completely different story!

One of the top 10 B movies of all time!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    But "Big Trouble in Little China" is a completely different story!

One of the top 10 B movies of all time!
    My favorite Jack Burton quote:

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 593 1093 ... LastLast