Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 927 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 427 827 877 917 925 926 927 928 929 937 977 1027 ... LastLast
Results 23,151 to 23,175 of 27563

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I saw a Facebook post that claimed eBay was requiring "make offer" options on some BIN items. Can anyone confirm?

HBJ
    That makes no sense.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I saw a Facebook post that claimed eBay was requiring "make offer" options on some BIN items. Can anyone confirm?

HBJ
    That makes no sense.
    eBay has been doing a pilot program where they automatically turn BIN listings into BIN or best offer based on how much traffic the listings are getting. You get an email telling you eBay has done this. It’s annoying because you have to go in and edit the listing to take the best offer off of it, and then it will happen again like 2 days later.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thanks for clarifying.

Annoying for buyers, too, since we can't tell whether there's any chance of an offer being accepted. Wastes everyone's time - but the sellers' time much more obviously.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That's just stupid.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post

HBJ
    That makes no sense.
    eBay has been doing a pilot program where they automatically turn BIN listings into BIN or best offer based on how much traffic the listings are getting. You get an email telling you eBay has done this. It’s annoying because you have to go in and edit the listing to take the best offer off of it, and then it will happen again like 2 days later.
    Where is there official info on this change?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also just got a random email I never have that an item I was watching got relisted without a reserve price... Wonder if this is new eBay thing too. Never received that email before.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post

HBJ
    That makes no sense.
    Where is there official info on this change?
    I was searching for a way to shut it off and read about it in an eBay community chat. I haven’t seen anything ‘official,’ but it’s definitely happening to me. I don’t think it effects everyone, though, since it’s a pilot program.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Although I believe these to be real... I am very unsure of why Hale would draw them on this paper. He states it has writing on the other side. I seen them this AM and asked him for more clarification. IF they are trur prelims, the price is AMAZING.. but I do not think that they are.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Do you think the story in the description is correct?
    Seems more like his newer work.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Do you think the story in the description is correct?
    Seems more like his newer work.
    No, I do not. I think they are not prelims. He did a bunch of these awhile back (Betts had some) BUT they were not on that paper... so not sure of the real deal here.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Cool, thanks for the backup.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I imagine they could be prelims from when he was working on the series of remarques, but given the nature of drawing style, I would want air-tight provenance before I laid out several hundred dollars for them.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely not prelims for the 1st edition book and most likely not for the 2nd edition... None of his original work for the 1st edition shows Roland with a hat as well as in the 1st edition he made sure to always remove the fingers.
    Might be from the 2nd edition because the only art that had the fingers removed was the cover.
    I tend to agree with Surly though that these are just pencil sketches from the remarque series he did. It fits in that style of single line art.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought that too but I owned one and they were not on this paper....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Guessing they are still prelims just from the remarque series not the books. Out of curiosity were the remarques done in pencil as well?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Guessing they are still prelims just from the remarque series not the books. Out of curiosity were the remarques done in pencil as well?
    Here is what I was told:
    Hello. Phil unearthed these about a year ago, 11 drawings he did in preparation for the Drawings of the Three gunslinger paintings. He sold all 11 to collector Gregg Spatz in California, a longtime friend and collector of Hale's work, and a collector I've bought Hale work from myself for over a decade from. Gregg has a list of a half dozen Hale collectors who are always lined up to buy Phil's work and he sent out an email to them. Before I could respond, two of the drawings of the 11 immediately sold. I made a deal to buy the remaining 9 drawings, but was unable to come up with enough cash, so only ended up buying four of them. One of the four was destroyed by mistake a short time later, leaving me with three drawings and the remaining five drawings Gregg sold on eBay about 7 or 8 months ago. I recently went through cataract surgery and am paying off some bills so am selling my three drawings. Phil drew all these preliminary drawings on the back of book plate illustrations - illustrations of guns, etc. I never asked Phil why, but my assumption was that he did so so he could get into the 'mood' of the drawings with an old west feel. If you send Phil an email, feel free to ask him if her remembers selling these to Gregg a while back, I know they correspond quite regularly, so it should still be fresh in his memory. All are signed. Thanks, Kevin Warzecha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds completely believable. Still sucks how the drawings are on distressed paper.

Always sucks when original drawings are destroyed by mistake.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not perfect, but a VERY GOOD price. Starts at $299, or $399 BIN:
    VTG 1977 Rage - Richard Bachman - 1st Edition 1st Printing - Stephen King - OOP

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont speak italian (?), but the picture of those press clips could make it interesting
    >>> https://www.ebay.com/itm/192397840881?ul_noapp=truev

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will scare you.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I will scare you.
    So, What else is new?
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 927 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 427 827 877 917 925 926 927 928 929 937 977 1027 ... LastLast