Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 895 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 395 795 845 885 893 894 895 896 897 905 945 995 ... LastLast
Results 22,351 to 22,375 of 27563

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That's Brian Stark, the artist behind several King projects as well as the Dark Tower Discordia game:

https://stephenking.com/darktower/discordia/

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    That's Brian Stark, the artist behind several King projects as well as the Dark Tower Discordia game:

Mulleins
    Even if the book was made out to a random 'Brian', I've never understood seeking books out that have a specific named inscription. Getting inscribed books because it may be dated, or help prove authenticity, would make more sense. If I owned this copy of BOBD, I wouldn't feel any sort of connection to it, even though it was inscribed to someone who shares my name.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

Mulleins
    Even if the book was made out to a random 'Brian', I've never understood seeking books out that have a specific named inscription. Getting inscribed books because it may be dated, or help prove authenticity, would make more sense. If I owned this copy of BOBD, I wouldn't feel any sort of connection to it, even though it was inscribed to someone who shares my name.
    I have an Extra Signed copy of Bazaar of Bad Dreams without date or inscription... and have been trying to figure price point to put on Ebay or in The Collectables thread.. this one helps with what has been suggested.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Although, personally I've never understood the preference over a flatsigned to an inscription, and the special dislike for having "someone else's" name in a book (even if Stephen King wrote that name). I rarely go flatsigned (unless I can't seem to find an inscribed alternative). If my inscription says "For Refrigerator, all best, Stephen King", that's preferable to me over a flatsigned as long as Stephen King wrote "Refrigerator". And I don't see how one could have more of a "connection" to a book if it was flat signed versus inscribed to someone else (because, of course, that flatsigned copy is also not specifically to the re-purchaser - is it even to the person who had it signed?) But, I suppose this is an age-old debate with pros and cons, and is a fashion that goes in cycles...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Although, personally I've never understood the preference over a flatsigned to an inscription, and the special dislike for having "someone else's" name in a book (even if Stephen King wrote that name). I rarely go flatsigned (unless I can't seem to find an inscribed alternative). If my inscription says "For Refrigerator, all best, Stephen King", that's preferable to me as long as Stephen King wrote "Refrigerator". And I don't see how one could have more of a "connection" to a book if it was flat signed versus inscribed to someone else (because, of course, that flatsigned copy is also not specifically to the re-purchaser - is it even to the person who had it signed?) But, I suppose this is an age-old debate with pros and cons, and is a fashion that goes in cycles...
    If I had the funds, I'd definitely purchase this and the other copies he has for sale.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    If I had the funds, I'd definitely purchase this and the other copies he has for sale.
    Me too, and I'm no Brian!!!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Should anyone here decide to purchase it but would prefer a flat-signed, I would be happy to make an even trade for my flat-signed BOBD.
    I prefer inscribed copies and would buy it myself but just a little short on funds at the moment.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Me too, and I'm no Brian!!!
    Well, we can't all be perfect : I did make an offer on TBOBD. Of course it was turned down. But, ya don't know til ya ask.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm Brian... and so is my wife!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I'm Brian... and so is my wife!

GREAT movie!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    My view is all of the people that have gotten books inscribed "to Paul" have been helping me out over the years and I have been bringing them back home. "A collection within a collection" one of my UK friends called it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

some goodies at camelot:

dolans cadillac (limited and lettered): http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/dolans-cadillac

IT (cd): http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail...pecial-edition

green mile (gift and limited): http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/green-miles

shining (PS): http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/shining (inc a limited with remarque)

plus a few more...

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Sleeping Beauties UK numbered proof:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SLEEPING-B...AAAOSwHIhZjeWz

Although I don't collect proof, I gotta say that's a beautiful design!

$90 shipping is pretty high, but International rates are insane.

I predict (unless it's pulled) >$600

Quote me to see if I am prescient.
    Looks like you anticipated correctly..

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe not the price, but the pull...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

9 days left, so unless pulled, it will be interesting to see what "It" fetches.

RARE Lettered IT Signed By Stephen King (Cemetary Dance)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

9 days left, so unless pulled, it will be interesting to see what "It" fetches.

RARE Lettered IT Signed By Stephen King (Cemetary Dance)
    "Cemetary"???

No feedback as a seller.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    some goodies at camelot:

dolans cadillac (limited and lettered): http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/dolans-cadillac

shining (PS): http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/shining (inc a limited with remarque)

plus a few more...
    Does Camelot watch this place? This is an interesting paragraph to include for customers... And the, "Don't really care if we sell it"??

"Price $2500.00 - NO LAY-AWAY -Why? Don't really care if we sell it, but but because of the recent activity regarding the sale of this title on the boards we figured it was a good time to do two things, 1) figure out exactly what it might be worth, we have no idea, we generally just go by what they are selling for and what other people are saying. One website says $1500 to $2000, obviously $1750 is apparently way too low, another site has suggested it should be worth closer to $3000.00, we have no idea, but are curious to find out if $2500 is too high or maybe even too cheap...if it sells quick the arguement is it is too cheap, if it does not sell, too high, if it sits for awhile and then sells, maybe "just right;" and 2) maybe someone who doesn't have one but wants one will be able to get one."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Does Camelot watch this place?
    I'm sure they do. They don't post as themselves though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Does Camelot watch this place? This is an interesting paragraph to include for customers... And the, "Don't really care if we sell it"??

"Price $2500.00 - NO LAY-AWAY -Why? Don't really care if we sell it, but but because of the recent activity regarding the sale of this title on the boards we figured it was a good time to do two things, 1) figure out exactly what it might be worth, we have no idea, we generally just go by what they are selling for and what other people are saying. One website says $1500 to $2000, obviously $1750 is apparently way too low, another site has suggested it should be worth closer to $3000.00, we have no idea, but are curious to find out if $2500 is too high or maybe even too cheap...if it sells quick the arguement is it is too cheap, if it does not sell, too high, if it sits for awhile and then sells, maybe "just right;" and 2) maybe someone who doesn't have one but wants one will be able to get one."

I'd be flattered if they watched our site, but I doubt it.
    Booksellers can be (and often are) a different sort. If that's the way they wish to present the book, then the market will define (as they took a rather verbose way to say) what the sell price is.

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Apparently they don't watch Betts, this site or eBay. I don't know where they saw $3000, but I would say that is a tad high by about $1250-$1500. What their quote should say is "We don't care if some idiot is willing to overpay we will sell it to them."
    some goodies at camelot:

plus a few more...

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by louis2003b View Post
    Apparently they don't watch Betts, this site or eBay. I don't know where they saw $3000, but I would say that is a tad high by about $1250-$1500. What their quote should say is "We don't care if some idiot is willing to overpay we will sell it to them."
    some goodies at camelot:

plus a few more...

I think they are referring to Betts when they said 1750.00 is appearantly to low.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

some goodies at camelot:

plus a few more...

I thought the same thing. And I thought it was very rude and a turn off. I have bought things there before and had no idea they were like that. It really soured me this ignorant listing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 895 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 395 795 845 885 893 894 895 896 897 905 945 995 ... LastLast