Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 863 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 363 763 813 853 861 862 863 864 865 873 913 963 ... LastLast
Results 21,551 to 21,575 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'm reading all this and want to quote each post and say, yes exactly! For me, like others have stated, it's less about the fact that the lettered is the same as the numbered and more about the limitation. And of course the completist element. I do agree though that a lettered should be different to a numbered. There should be elements of the production that sets it aside.
    I think CD usually does this pretty well.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I do agree with you. Nonetheless I have recently purchased "Danse Macabre" (Letter 'O'). Why would I want to pay a premium price for the same as the signed limited. The only answer I can give is that although it is the same book, it was signed by King as a lettered. Sounds weak I suppose, however that is the strength and addiction of collecting. Why do people strive to obtain the four different dates that King signed on the limited Firestarter. All the same book, just the fact that he signed them in a different situation and the dates differ.
    It gets to the stage that if it is out there it has to be collected.
    I am beginning to realise I need help!!
    Agree with this completely. Another example is the Salems lot (red ink vs black ink). Were collectors... We all need help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any Leeds on a CA (Collectors Anonymous) groups for King stuff? Hello, my name is kris and I am an addict.
    I would not join such an organization for 3 simple reasons:

1) I don't have a problem, I can quit any time
    B) I wouldn't join any organization that would have me as a member
    iii) I would only join if the 1 year anniversary chip was a limited edition signed by Stephen King.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I do agree with you. Nonetheless I have recently purchased "Danse Macabre" (Letter 'O'). Why would I want to pay a premium price for the same as the signed limited. The only answer I can give is that although it is the same book, it was signed by King as a lettered. Sounds weak I suppose, however that is the strength and addiction of collecting. Why do people strive to obtain the four different dates that King signed on the limited Firestarter. All the same book, just the fact that he signed them in a different situation and the dates differ.
    Agree with this completely. Another example is the Salems lot (red ink vs black ink). Were collectors... We all need help

Any Leeds on a CA (Collectors Anonymous) groups for King stuff? Hello, my name is kris and I am an addict.
    I would not join such an organization for 3 simple reasons:

1) I don't have a problem, I can quit any time
    B) I wouldn't join any organization that would have me as a member
    iii) I would only join if the 1 year anniversary chip was a limited edition signed by Stephen King.
    LOL ! (iii) is like an AA member celebrating 12 months by being given a pint of Whiskey
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In cases like The Stand it is easy to argue that the Lettered shouldn’t be worth more than the S/L, as they are the same book but I do put more value on the Lettered. That being said I have a Lettered Stand and have no regrets buy it. With Danse Macabre, even though it’s the same book there is a difference between the S/L and the Lettered that justifies a premium price. Unlike The Stand, were you could buy the Lettered, with Danse Macabre the Lettered was for private distribution. So you should feel good about your Lettered DM and congratulations on that purchase.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    In cases like The Stand it is easy to argue that the Lettered shouldn’t be worth more than the S/L, as they are the same book but I do put more value on the Lettered. That being said I have a Lettered Stand and have no regrets buy it. With Danse Macabre, even though it’s the same book there is a difference between the S/L and the Lettered that justifies a premium price. Unlike The Stand, were you could buy the Lettered, with Danse Macabre the Lettered was for private distribution. So you should feel good about your Lettered DM and congratulations on that purchase.
    Good point on the private distribution!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Oreo713 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

ok....I admit, I am clueless. How would you know if your book was "lettered"? Where would you find the "letter"? Thank you!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo713 View Post
    ok....I admit, I am clueless. How would you know if your book was "lettered"? Where would you find the "letter"? Thank you!
    In "lettered" copies, on the limitation page a letter is used as opposed to a number. 26 copies (A-Z) and 52 copies(AA-ZZ) are common limitations for lettered editions.

Country
    Country Flag

In "lettered" copies, on the limitation page a letter is used as opposed to a number. 26 copies (A-Z) and 52 copies(AA-ZZ) are common limitations for lettered editions.
    Thank you so much for the information. I am going to have to look through my books...........

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you so much for the information. I am going to have to look through my books...........
    Here is a link to a good example

Danse Macabre S/L
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Here is a link to a good example

Danse Macabre S/L
    Thanks.....why is lettered better than numbered?

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Depends on the book, but in most cases the Lettered edition is made with finer materials and may have extras the trade and s/l don't have. In all cases they are worth more because there are less of them. Typically the limitation of a lettered is 52 at most (with double letters, AA, BB, etc.), whereas a s/l can be in the thousands.

In the case of Dance Macabre, the Lettered and S/L were identical, but there were only 15 lettered copies so they are inherently worth more simply because there are less of them.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post

Depends on the book, but in most cases the Lettered edition is made with finer materials and may have extras the trade and s/l don't have. In all cases they are worth more because there are less of them. Typically the limitation of a lettered is 52 at most (with double letters, AA, BB, etc.), whereas a s/l can be in the thousands.

In the case of Dance Macabre, the Lettered and S/L were identical, but there were only 15 lettered copies so they are inherently worth more simply because there are less of them.
    Interesting....thank you so much. I'm always up for learning something new!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Regulators is perhaps the finest example of what a publisher can do with a Lettered edition
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

The Regulators is perhaps the finest example of what a publisher can do with a Lettered edition
    10000% agreed Simon

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    For our UK cohort, this seller has some incredible items but (devastatingly) only ships locally (at this stage. I've messaged him to open it up)...

Salem's Lot, Stephen King Signed First Edition ... Inscribed "Steve King 1975"

The Shining, Stephen King Signed First Edition Inscribed 1979.

Skeleton Crew, Stephen King. Signed First Edition Inscribed 1986.

He also has signed US 1sts of TGWLTG, Dark Half, and 11/22/63.
    With less than 24 hours to go, some UK collector could be in for a sweet deal(s)...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For our UK cohort, this seller has some incredible items but (devastatingly) only ships locally (at this stage. I've messaged him to open it up)...

With less than 24 hours to go, some UK collector could be in for a sweet deal(s)...
    Big time

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

That Salems signed STEVE....Freakin Awesome

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Great idea....go ahead and write directly in your Signed Limited book.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Firestarte...AAAOSwsW9Ywu4K
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post

That Salems signed STEVE....Freakin Awesome

I have a funny feeling that one (all of them) are going to creep up a bit.

Predictions are like assholes-everyone has one. But I'd be very surprised if the "Steve" 'Salem's Lot doesn't shoot way north of $2K. Most flaws to the book can be fixed by an expert book restorer. One might need to sacrifice another book, but two could make a beautiful one.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I do believe the $28.00 one is a better deal.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I do believe the $28.00 one is a better deal.
    Then it would be very kind of you to provide the link.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I should try to snag it, have a great jacket to replace.......
    decisions---decisions.......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 863 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 363 763 813 853 861 862 863 864 865 873 913 963 ... LastLast