Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 862 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 362 762 812 852 860 861 862 863 864 872 912 962 ... LastLast
Results 21,526 to 21,550 of 27565

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    sorry, a little rusty. I got in a really bad motorcycle accident last year and have been out of work. Just starting back now. These are all my ebay listings but there is King listings in there. I will try to separate them soon. I will Have to sell a good portion of my collection. any questions please ask. members have priority on these items.
    Thanks,
    Sgc1999

http://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...tPage=LCActive
    Simon- I get error message from link. I PM'd you.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Purely my own opinion, however I believe the price for a lettered Regulators has been around $7,000 for quite a while.
    This sale has just confirmed that even copies with possible issues will fetch that amount.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    sorry, a little rusty. I got in a really bad motorcycle accident last year and have been out of work. Just starting back now. These are all my ebay listings but there is King listings in there. I will try to separate them soon. I will Have to sell a good portion of my collection. any questions please ask. members have priority on these items.
    Thanks,
    Sgc1999

Simon- I get error message from link. I PM'd you.

This is link for "Items for sale"

This is link for King items for sale
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Purely my own opinion, however I believe the price for a lettered Regulators has been around $7,000 for quite a while.
    This sale has just confirmed that even copies with possible issues will fetch that amount.
    Alec...I think you are very correct here.....moreover, prices of Lettered editions have gone a bit crazy of late across the board (maybe with a few exceptions).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And just to quell any potential misunderstandings, that Lettered Regulators.....I was headed to bed when a long-time customer called and asked me to proxy bid for them. I agreed to do that for my customer and it turns out they won the auction (but it was MY bid that shows me as the winner). Full disclosure...book NOT for me at all (I own the Lettered Betts Books one and am quite happy!) but book is for a customer.

I know there are some members here who can figure out who won eBay auctions and I got a message already today from one member offering congratulations...but book is not for me.

Just wanted all you to know before rumors spread and people began judging without having ALL the information. Book is not mine. And I am NOT at liberty to say who my customer is.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be interested to know what that book looks like in person.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks,
    Sgc1999

Very sorry to hear of your accident, Simon.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I would be interested to know what that book looks like in person.
    I plan to open box and take pictures when it arrives....I insisted on double box and WELL padded. He is shipping this weekend.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

David, I would have to agree with your comments on some of the lettered states rising in price. it just appears at times that with our enthusiasm to sell an item, sometimes it can override the true value of the item.
    Anything signed by King in a fine condition is always in demand in the market, be it lettered, limited or 1st edition.
    It can only be a good feeling for all concerned looking at their collections and knowing they are on the increase.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For our UK cohort, this seller has some incredible items but (devastatingly) only ships locally (at this stage. I've messaged him to open it up)...

Salem's Lot, Stephen King Signed First Edition ... Inscribed "Steve King 1975"

The Shining, Stephen King Signed First Edition Inscribed 1979.

Skeleton Crew, Stephen King. Signed First Edition Inscribed 1986.

He also has signed US 1sts of TGWLTG, Dark Half, and 11/22/63.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

David, I would have to agree with your comments on some of the lettered states rising in price. it just appears at times that with our enthusiasm to sell an item, sometimes it can override the true value of the item.
    Anything signed by King in a fine condition is always in demand in the market, be it lettered, limited or 1st edition.
    It can only be a good feeling for all concerned looking at their collections and knowing they are on the increase.
    I agree with Alec on this but also think the $ increase in Lettered books comes down to what someone else is willing to pay because we just don't see enough of them for sale to get a good feel for value. I could be completely wrong on that.

A great example is a Lettered Whispers. What is the value of it? I want to sell my copy but can't locate any information from the past to help come to a conclusion. So again, I think this can affect how a collector thinks when purchasing a lettered edition.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

While I agree with Alec and David about the rise in popularity and value of Lettereds, there is one area I have never understood and I'll just throw it out for discussion.
    I've been collecting for 30 years and so I know little, but I don't understand why a lettered edition that is identical to numbered, except for the letter, has any additional value?
    Obviously, Firestarter, Regulators, Skeleton Crew, even some of the later Lettereds from CD have creative differences, extras, art, DJ's, traycases something to denote additional value.
    Why would a lettered Cujo, Christine or the rare Danse Macabre carry any major increase? They are the exact same book with a letter, not a number. I can't justify it in my head and I
    have just about everything ever printed by King!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    I've been collecting for 30 years and so I know little, but I don't understand why a lettered edition that is identical to numbered, except for the letter, has any additional value? Why would a lettered Cujo, Christine or the rare Danse Macabre carry any major increase? They are the exact same book with a letter, not a number. I can't justify it in my head and I
    The perception, on the part of some collectors, of greater rarity due to the lettered limitation. Even though the books are exactly the same, the idea of owning one of 26 can be more appealing for some than owning one of hundreds.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

I do agree with you. Nonetheless I have recently purchased "Danse Macabre" (Letter 'O'). Why would I want to pay a premium price for the same as the signed limited. The only answer I can give is that although it is the same book, it was signed by King as a lettered. Sounds weak I suppose, however that is the strength and addiction of collecting. Why do people strive to obtain the four different dates that King signed on the limited Firestarter. All the same book, just the fact that he signed them in a different situation and the dates differ.
    It gets to the stage that if it is out there it has to be collected.
    I am beginning to realise I need help!!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

...I don't understand why a lettered edition that is identical to numbered, except for the letter, has any additional value?
    They are the exact same book with a letter, not a number.
    +1

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I do agree with you. Nonetheless I have recently purchased "Danse Macabre" (Letter 'O'). Why would I want to pay a premium price for the same as the signed limited. The only answer I can give is that although it is the same book, it was signed by King as a lettered. Sounds weak I suppose, however that is the strength and addiction of collecting. Why do people strive to obtain the four different dates that King signed on the limited Firestarter. All the same book, just the fact that he signed them in a different situation and the dates differ.
    Agree with this completely. Another example is the Salems lot (red ink vs black ink). Were collectors... We all need help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Agree with this completely. Another example is the Salems lot (red ink vs black ink). Were collectors... We all need help

Any Leeds on a CA (Collectors Anonymous) groups for King stuff? Hello, my name is kris and I am an addict.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post

Any Leeds on a CA (Collectors Anonymous) groups for King stuff? Hello, my name is kris and I am an addict.
    Maybe we can get a bulk discount on membership fees

Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I've been collecting for 30 years and so I know little, but I don't understand why a lettered edition that is identical to numbered, except for the letter, has any additional value? Why would a lettered Cujo, Christine or the rare Danse Macabre carry any major increase? They are the exact same book with a letter, not a number. I can't justify it in my head and I
    The perception, on the part of some collectors, of greater rarity due to the lettered limitation. Even though the books are exactly the same, the idea of owning one of 26 can be more appealing for some than owning one of hundreds.
    I guess because I was in publishing for many years, I don't see it that way, the press run is 526 for example, whether you put a number or letter doesn't make it any more scarce? To me you
    still own 1 of 526. I really love to see something added, artwork, extra story etc....something to make the set of 26 or 52 different, unique and truly scarce.
    I do agree we need a Stephen King Collectors Anonymous group, the first step... " hi my name is Kerry and I have over 4000 Stephen King related items" LOL

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Why would a lettered Cujo, Christine or the rare Danse Macabre carry any major increase? They are the exact same book with a letter, not a number.
    Because we collectors are insatable! If you collect the Lettered editions, you also need the "Author" copies as well. They are much more rare than the Lettereds

Country
    Country Flag

It's not weak Alec at all, I have bought many King items "just because"!! I just threw this out as a topic of discussion.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading all this and want to quote each post and say, yes exactly! For me, like others have stated, it's less about the fact that the lettered is the same as the numbered and more about the limitation. And of course the completist element. I do agree though that a lettered should be different to a numbered. There should be elements of the production that sets it aside.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 862 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 362 762 812 852 860 861 862 863 864 872 912 962 ... LastLast