Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 836 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 336 736 786 826 834 835 836 837 838 846 886 936 ... LastLast
Results 20,876 to 20,900 of 27551

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

UK S/L Doctor Sleep £400

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262686039747

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some really good deals in the latest PS PUblishing newsletter !!!

THIRTEEN HORRIFIC HALLOWEEN OFFERS

1 Copy of Ray Bradbury's traycased edition of LONG AFTER MIDNIGHT, signed by Ray and Ramsey Campbell for £95 + postage.

2 Copies of the signed slipcased edition of SCREAM QUIETLY a 'best of' collection of short stories by Charles L. Grant for £26.

3 Bundles of the first three 25th Anniversary editions of BEST NEW HORROR paperbacks for just £13.

4 Bumper bundles of all twelve of our PS PULPS LIBRARY editions of the ILLUSTRATED LOVECRAFT series plus WEIRD POEMS, illlustrated in full colour by Pete Von Sholly for £130.

5 Mixed bags of FIVE SIGNED EDITIONS (we choose from current novellas, novels, collections—and no PS2 clearance stock) all titles from 2015/16 for £39.

6 Mixed bags of SIX NOVELS / COLLECTIONS / ANTHOLOGIES (we choose from current titles—again, no PS2 clearance stock) for £26.

7 Mixed bags of SEVEN NOVELLAS (again we choose—all current titles) for just £13.

8 We have 8 copies of Hodder's slipcased edition of REVIVAL by Stephen King, shrinkwrapped, with plectrum, and bearing a facsimile signature.

9 Bundles of NINE paperbacks of SF, HORROR and FANTASY from our DRUGSTORE INDIAN PRESS range for £13.

10 Bundles of the SIGNED editons of BEST OF GRAHAM JOYCE & BEST OF IAN WATSON with accompanying chapbooks of additional stories and housed in an illustrated slipcase for £26.

11 copies of the the slipcased edtions of EXOTIC GOTHIC Volumes I & II for just £13.

12 copies of Cemetery Dance's signed slipcased edition of CARRIE for £26.

13 Copies of the very limited and collectible print run of THE DARK MAN for £13. A story told through the blending of King's words and full colour artwork.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsobanski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Someone is putting it out there. Go get 'em

Eight bids, $355. Someone is getting a potential beauty.
    The Stand - Stephen King - Signed Limited Coffin Box Leather-bound Unread
    If memory serves, that number is the copy that was sold last month in the original shipping box so I imagine it's in amazing condition. At least we know it wasn't an expensive rock!

Just over 3 hours left. Currently at $1,225.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

If memory serves, that number is the copy that was sold last month in the original shipping box so I imagine it's in amazing condition. At least we know it wasn't an expensive rock!

I asked him again just to be sure, and there's definitely no glassine wrapper. It must be pristine in every other way, though. Although I'm also guessing that if he threw away the wrapper he undoubtedly threw away the original box as well. I didn't ask him about that, however.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post

I asked him again just to be sure, and there's definitely no glassine wrapper. It must be pristine in every other way, though. Although I'm also guessing that if he threw away the wrapper he undoubtedly threw away the original box as well. I didn't ask him about that, however.
    The prices this guy is getting for his King books makes me really wish I had bid on his original auction for the lot of them and more for 5000. If you didn't see it, here's the ended auction link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Ste...sAAOSwNRdYBBQp

Final selling prices
    1 ) Fifty-to-One: 511.99
    2 ) Insomnia: 326.02
    3 ) Regulators: 983.99
    4 ) Talisman: 575
    5 ) Skeleton Crew: 570
    6 ) LSOE: 405
    7 ) EOTD: 755 (wow! these have been selling for significantly less lately)
    8 ) Stand: 1800 (no wrapper)

Total: 5927

And the original lot contained another S/L Insomnia, another S/L EOTD, and a PC S/L Dark Forces! After shipping and ebay fees on these auctions, those 3 extra books would basically be free. Or you could have sold everything else except The Stand. Conservatively the extra 3 books would bring in 1000, so add that to all the other sales except for The Stand you get 5127. After ebay fees and shipping, that would mean you could have gotten a S/L Stand for about 700 bucks! Oh well, next time

***And on a horrifying side note, this means that guy spent 3650 dollars for that unopened Stand, opened it, threw away the wrapper for some reason, probably threw the box away too, and then sold it for 1800 dollars. After ebay fees and shipping, he cleared about 1540 dollars. That's a loss of 2109 dollars. Yikes. It must have been fun to open.... Not that fun, though.
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

***And on a horrifying side note, this means that guy spent 3650 dollars for that unopened Stand, opened it, threw away the wrapper for some reason, probably threw the box away too, and then sold it for 1800 dollars. After ebay fees and shipping, he cleared about 1540 dollars. That's a loss of 2109 dollars. Yikes. It must have been fun to open.... Not that fun, though.
    That's an awful lot of money for a virgin.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The seller has two more cool items up for sale with just hours left. Somewhat King related, and a value may be had.

Dark Carnival Ray Bradbury Signed Lettered Gauntlet Clive Barker Unique Slipcase

The Martian Chronicles Ray Bradbury Complete Edition Signed Limited Joe Hill

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I may be wrong but I am sure that I have seen S/l no 1038 for sale a couple years ago so not sure if this was the expensive one.

May be wrong. I'd have to search a bit.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

I may be wrong but I am sure that I have seen S/l no 1038 for sale a couple years ago so not sure if this was the expensive one.

This seller is definitely the person who purchased the sealed box with that number.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

This seller is definitely the person who purchased the sealed box with that number.
    Definitely. You can see the feedback from that sale. You might not be able to see is ebay handle, but you can see his feedback number matches exactly. It's him, no doubt.
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just checked and think it was 1036 I have seen....sorry.

Wish Hayward was international

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

So is this haward guy a mega collector selling off his collection I wonder?

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    So is this haward guy a mega collector selling off his collection I wonder?
    I don't think so. He may have (had) a bunch of King books, but I don't think anybody that qualifies as a 'mega collector' would open a virgin S/L Stand and throw away the glassine wrapper. When I asked him about it the first time, which was while he was auctioning off the lot that contained The Stand, he said that he 'didn't know' if it came with a wrapper or not, but that he didn't think so. Then I used my wife's ebay account to ask him about it again while he was auctioning it off by itself, just to be sure, and he responded curtly 'no wrapper.' I get the feeling that he had been asked that question a bunch of times in the interim, realized the importance of the wrapper (that he probably crumpled up in a ball and tossed in the trash), and was generally annoyed about it. Doesn't have a mega collector vibe.

That being said, I love the low starting price auctions. Very entertaining and good for getting an idea of what present market value is for some of these books.
    Looking for:

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

If we are looking for a present market value, how can we discount the fact that two people ran a copy of this book up to $3,650.
    Is this figure just forgotten because we do not like the figure, it is not part of our mind set and thereby does not count. Therefore do we more readily accept the latest price as it feels better. Obviously they have lost money, but the price still exists.
    It is highly probable with the advent of the new film next year that many people will become interested where they were previously unaware of the scale of King collectibles. The thought could be that there may possibly be far more people after the same amount of lettered and limited editions.
    Higher prices or lower prices?
    I wonder.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    If we are looking for a present market value, how can we discount the fact that two people ran a copy of this book up to $3,650.
    Is this figure just forgotten because we do not like the figure, it is not part of our mind set and thereby does not count. Therefore do we more readily accept the latest price as it feels better. Obviously they have lost money, but the price still exists.
    That price raises a lot of questions - especially given the quick sale for a loss.

I think the first auction was a shill bid between two partners to create a fake value for the book. The second auction was the "real" auction with the hope that bidders wouldn't pay attention to the flaws, but would think it's a "bargain" because of the previous $3K auction.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    That price raises a lot of questions - especially given the quick sale for a loss.

I think the first auction was a shill bid between two partners to create a fake value for the book. The second auction was the "real" auction with the hope that bidders wouldn't pay attention to the flaws, but would think it's a "bargain" because of the previous $3K auction.
    Eh, seems like an elaborate scheme. Also doesn't explain the absence of the glassine wrapper. There may have been a schill trying to drive up the price to 3650 in the original auction, but I think that 'Haward' is just a regular guy who bought a lot of King books and then had something happen that requires liquidation. Also, in the original 'lot' auction that included The Stand, the limitation number wasn't even mentioned by Haward. None of the limitation numbers were. Probably one of the reasons why nobody bid on it: not enough info.
    Looking for:

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

£2,999.99 (approx $3,660.00 USD) BIN - A Book Of Horrors Signed Deluxe Limited Edition #93

A-Book-Of-Horrors-Signed-Deluxe-Limited-Edition-Signed-By-Stephen-King

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

It is highly probable with the advent of the new film next year that many people will become interested where they were previously unaware of the scale of King collectibles. The thought could be that there may possibly be far more people after the same amount of lettered and limited editions.
    Higher prices or lower prices?
    I wonder.
    I think that the 3650 value is only a 'situational value' in that it only applies to a subset of S/L Stands: those that are in their original unopened shipping box (to use Flagg's term, a virgin Stand). I don't think that value applies to the book in general, which is evidenced by the fact that it only sold for 1800 after it lost it's virginity. If it had had the glassine jacket, it probably would have went up to 2000, give or take a little.

I think new movies will cause some short term value fluctuations as general interest is piqued, but will even out over time. I think an increase in the number of people that want to get into serious expensive King collecting will be relatively small. To be honest, I think that new movies will most profoundly effect values in the gift edition market.
    Looking for:

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know if eBay user deadzone is a member here?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't that Bev Vincent?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Anyone know if eBay user deadzone is a member here?
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Isn't that Bev Vincent?
    Yes to both.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$4,200.00 BIN or Best Offer - The Stand by Stephen King HC First Signed Limited Edition 1990 Copy #151 New

The-Stand-by-Stephen-King-HC-First-Signed-Limited-Edition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 836 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 336 736 786 826 834 835 836 837 838 846 886 936 ... LastLast