Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 770 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 270 670 720 760 768 769 770 771 772 780 820 870 ... LastLast
Results 19,226 to 19,250 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Stephen King Finders Keepers Rare Limited Edition Advance Proof Numbered #272
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stephen-Ki...cAAOSwNSxVbvf2
    Number 272. Do we know how many were printed? Is there an average number for a proof?
    I don't know how many Finders Keepers proofs were done. I think #272 is about the largest number I've seen for this one.

There is no "average number" of proofs done. It varies widely between the publisher and the book itself. There were supposedly 200 copies of the UK Revival proof done while there were supposed to be 150 copies of the UK Doctor Sleep. The US publisher (Scribner) usually does not disclose the number done. According to my notes, about 10,000 copies of the US Rose Madder proof were done.

I should add that the Scribner proof of Cell is extremely scarce. At one time it was said that they did not even produce one, although I had one at the time. I know of about 4-5 in collectors' hands currently.

John

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Number 272. Do we know how many were printed? Is there an average number for a proof?
    I don't know how many Finders Keepers proofs were done. I think #272 is about the largest number I've seen for this one.

There is no "average number" of proofs done. It varies widely between the publisher and the book itself. There were supposedly 200 copies of the UK Revival proof done while there were supposed to be 150 copies of the UK Doctor Sleep. The US publisher (Scribner) usually does not disclose the number done. According to my notes, about 10,000 copies of the US Rose Madder proof were done.

John
    70 copies UK H&S version of 11/22/63 (w/o embargo)
    200 of the other version or maybe it was 500 with embargo on it. John knows exact numbers on most all of them I bet!

Seems like UK versions are produced in lower numbers and attempts are made to minimize sharing them.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    70 copies UK H&S version of 11/22/63 (w/o embargo)
    200 of the other version or maybe it was 500 with embargo on it. John knows exact numbers on most all of them I bet!

Seems like UK versions are produced in lower numbers and attempts are made to minimize sharing them.
    I don't have all the numbers, although I do have a number of the UK ones if they are numbered. (I show 400 of the 11.22.63 with the embargo on it. I don't know how accurate that is, though, because it's fairly scarce.)

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did the publishers have to number them 1-200, or 1-300 etc.?
    Although unlikely, maybe 100 were done, and most any unique number used (I doubt it, but what the heck).

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I never thought about it. I guess it's possible.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Good deal, Breathing Method and Christine audio cds $10 BIN:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-REALLY-G...IAAOSwG-1Wx-1p

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Did anyone see the Lettered Danse M. On ebay? Who got it?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    What did it go for?

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Bidding started at 5.5k, must have sold private

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What did it go for?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Danse-Macabr...MAAOSwll1WyLLA

$9,000

Did you get it Alan?

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice and rare...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you get it Alan?
    I believe Alan already has one (Letter J)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have Letter "L"
    Very rare...

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Don Maitz View Post
    I donated the Revival Book to the Haven Fund Auction auction with a watercolor remarque. The book was a gift to me from a local King fan for some services I had rendered to the local group. It was a kind gift As I had read the story in audio, I thought rather than just putting it on a shelf, I would pass it on to the Haven Fund Charity. I know the trouble it is to get a signed book, and I would feel like a rat if I offered it for sale to cash in on a signed book that was gifted to me. So, the charity seemed a good deal all round. As I did have the book in my possesion, I decided to add the library embossing which adds a bit of authenticity to the provenance (and... I like squeezing the plier gizmo that makes the embossing.) My wife author, Janny Wurts, took a photo of me in a black frock to help me make the art for the remarque so the book is even a bit more personally remarqued. Some time ago, I twisted David Williamson's arm, of Bett's Books, to read Janny's standalone novel , "To Ride Hell's Chasm " as I thought it fit in somewhere between Roland, the Gunslinger character, and his setting for "Eyes of the Dragon" story and this is what he said- " …Finished Hell’s Chasm…OUTSTANDING book, it really grew on me as it went along and I thought Janny did a wonderful job with character development. I thoroughly enjoyed the story! " David purchases a few copies because he liked the book so much two with Janny's remarques. Some background on the book, Janny made a arrangements to do a US hard back edition of the book with her cover art, interior maps, chapter heads, and a tipped in color painting, with as small press publisher that went out of business. For book collectors, this hardcoverbook has a Library of Congress seal , has archival paper, is cloth covered and has sewn bindings. You can get the paperback from HarperCollins UK, but the small press who went bankrupt) edition is only available from my wife. I am going on about this a it is my one of favorite fantasy stories of all time. Contact her for more information <jannywurts@paravia.com>
    Thanks for sharing both stories Don and for this Remarque as well as all your other efforts on behalf of The Haven Fund fundraising.

My wife also commented on "To Ride Hell's Chasm " stressing the wonderful character and story development which brought vivid visualizations.
    Janny's art is also beautiful and when I have pointed out to bookstore owners that the author also did the art they all seem amazed and in awe of the fine depiction her illustrations provide.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if anyone else collects Steelbooks but this was a must have for me!

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-mis.../11243880.html

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Just got an email from VeryFine Books regarding a copy of CD's Leagacies for $450. Don't know how that compares price-wise.

For anyone interested...
    http://www.veryfinebooks.com/LEGACIE...ub_p/sk567.htm
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Not sure if anyone else collects Steelbooks but this was a must have for me!

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-mis.../11243880.html
    Agreed: pre-ordered it as well.

sk

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bulgarian 'Salem's Lot, the seller has more King books from Bulgaria:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$25 BELOW issue price and free shipping. $60 BIN (Or make an offer):
    Carrie Deluxe Slipcased Limited Edition Stephen King Cemetery Dance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 770 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 270 670 720 760 768 769 770 771 772 780 820 870 ... LastLast