Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 767 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 267 667 717 757 765 766 767 768 769 777 817 867 ... LastLast
Results 19,151 to 19,175 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Wow looks like that was signed to Kirby. Is that Kirby McCauley?
    It is. I wonder why he inscribed a later printing to him?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I figured it was. That is odd.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

and 4 months after the release.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps King just took a book from inventory (boxes of Cujo from the publisher sitting in his office), personalized it and sent it off.
    King has mentioned that he himself doesn't fret about something being a Trade 1st/1st. King likes signing a battered, well read copy as much as a brand new one (a 21st printing paperback means King has made even more money).

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Perhaps King just took a book from inventory (boxes of Cujo from the publisher sitting in his office), personalized it and sent it off.
    King has mentioned that he himself doesn't fret about something being a Trade 1st/1st. King likes signing a battered, well read copy as much as a brand new one (a 21st printing paperback means King has made even more money).
    Perhaps. But other novels that King inscribed to Kirby have been first editions and dated a few days to weeks prior to the official publication date. I suspect Kirby was at the top of his list during that period of writing. To me that is what makes this later printing book very odd.

Don't you mean from "KING'S PERSONAL COLLECTION"?
    Besides there is a difference between a FAN with a battered 21th edition & an AGENT who deals in books & knows the importance of a "FIRST EDITION".

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have that magazine and the articles in it are valuable information. The magazine was published decades after the inscription being discussed.

I have that magazine and the articles in it are valuable information. The magazine was published decades after the inscription being discussed.
    I thought it was a terrible article. Too superficial and error prone. But I guess I am not the average reader.

Peter Schneider offered to write the article and they turned him down.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I thought it was a terrible article. Too superficial and error prone. But I guess I am not the average reader.

Peter Schneider offered to write the article and they turned him down.

<-----------------That's me. "Average".

There were other articles of interest in the magazine. Certainly the article was a rehash of previously available information (kinda like this site).
    Beware Bob, emoticon to follow!

Actually I believe this site-thanks to members like you, contains the most accurate, up to date information about Stephen King collecting on the whole 'net.

You are a lot of things. But average is not one of them.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

You are a lot of things. But average is not one of them.
    Too easy. Your not getting positive rep from me that easily.

I only posted the image to show the importance of 1st editions to collectors.....
    Spoiler:

and AGENTS.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually I believe this site-thanks to members like you, contains the most accurate, up to date information about Stephen King collecting on the whole 'net.
    Particularly after the fact-checking that you guys did last summer/fall. I don't think anyplace can even come close to matching accuracy.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Particularly after the fact-checking that you guys did last summer/fall. I don't think anyplace can even come close to matching accuracy.
    Yep.

I'm thinking of changing the name of our "wiki", to: The Big Swinging (insert word here).

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Dic tionary handy. What word should I insert?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Might interest Mr. Rabbit Trick as it is signed "Steve King":
    CUJO by Stephen King - dated inscription to his agent - fine copy in jacket
    Yes, I will have that. Thanks.
    Either you or David snagged it...
    I gave it a miss. It was signed too long after the release date, and it wasn't a 1st/1st.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm the first bidder.

Of course it's the last bidder that wins the prize.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone might have got the Kirby book. I know he was accepting offers...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Someone might have got the Kirby book. I know he was accepting offers...
    A member here bought it.

Goldmember Don Maitz has a spectacular aura about Don Maitz has a spectacular aura about Don Maitz has a spectacular aura about

I donated the Revival Book to the Haven Fund Auction auction with a watercolor remarque. The book was a gift to me from a local King fan for some services I had rendered to the local group. It was a kind gift As I had read the story in audio, I thought rather than just putting it on a shelf, I would pass it on to the Haven Fund Charity. I know the trouble it is to get a signed book, and I would feel like a rat if I offered it for sale to cash in on a signed book that was gifted to me. So, the charity seemed a good deal all round. As I did have the book in my possesion, I decided to add the library embossing which adds a bit of authenticity to the provenance (and... I like squeezing the plier gizmo that makes the embossing.) My wife author, Janny Wurts, took a photo of me in a black frock to help me make the art for the remarque so the book is even a bit more personally remarqued. Some time ago, I twisted David Williamson's arm, of Bett's Books, to read Janny's standalone novel , "To Ride Hell's Chasm " as I thought it fit in somewhere between Roland, the Gunslinger character, and his setting for "Eyes of the Dragon" story and this is what he said- " …Finished Hell’s Chasm…OUTSTANDING book, it really grew on me as it went along and I thought Janny did a wonderful job with character development. I thoroughly enjoyed the story! " David purchases a few copies because he liked the book so much two with Janny's remarques. Some background on the book, Janny made a arrangements to do a US hard back edition of the book with her cover art, interior maps, chapter heads, and a tipped in color painting, with as small press publisher that went out of business. For book collectors, this hardcoverbook has a Library of Congress seal , has archival paper, is cloth covered and has sewn bindings. You can get the paperback from HarperCollins UK, but the small press who went bankrupt) edition is only available from my wife. I am going on about this a it is my one of favorite fantasy stories of all time. Contact her for more information <jannywurts@paravia.com>

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, thanks, Don! Great hearing directly from the artist. Especially one of your caliber.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Now let's get the bid up to an appropriate level.

Come on $500+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201520845950...84.m1555.l2649

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Went for $190.
    That's a good price for a King signature that pretty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 767 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 267 667 717 757 765 766 767 768 769 777 817 867 ... LastLast