Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 555 1055 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Here is a link (you probably have all seen and read this) on Collecting Stephen King by Peter Schneider:

http://hillhousepublishers.com/hh-collectingking01.htm

If you scroll way down to the section on "King material as investment" he refers to a collector in the opening paragraph. You don't really need an imagination to guess who he is referring to.

"A collector who is considering purchasing King first editions for investment value would be well advised to reconsider. The value of King's books has stayed fairly steady for a number of years now. There was a brief flurry of high prices paid on Ebay for his books, but even that has settled down. In July of 2000 I sold on Ebay four King items (including a set of The Green Mile proofs) to one buyer for what were ridiculously high prices. I spoke to this buyer later on as we were working out the logistics of the sale. It turns out that she had no real interest in King's writing—she was simply "setting up a nest egg" for her daughter's future. This sent a chill down my spine and I told her, to no avail, that she'd do much better by putting the money in a mutual fund. "
    Thanks for that tidbit of info Bob, that's pretty interesting.

Yea, that's pretty sad that was how her collection was formed.
    Geoff

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Gee, and me without $75,000 sitting around with nothing to do....
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Gay

Did you all see this : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Check out that display case with the Maximum Overdrive Truck !!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

weathervane has been around a while (on Ebay). I actually have purchased something from him/her (I can't recall).
    The item was exactly as described, packaged well and shipped promptly........but I neglected to confirm it was from a smoke free environment and honestly it reeked of cigarette smoke. I had to "de-smoke" it.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think she smokes...she buys and sells stuff, so it was probably a result of a previous owner.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    weathervane has been around a while (on Ebay). I actually have purchased something from him/her (I can't recall).
    The item was exactly as described, packaged well and shipped promptly........but I neglected to confirm it was from a smoke free environment and honestly it reeked of cigarette smoke. I had to "de-smoke" it.

I did note the auction description said something about smoking and not being able to verify or not. I've PM'd you about the "de-smoke" mention above.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Hey Ari,
    That one doesn't do a lot for me. Besides there are too many "zeros" in the asking price! I did look through his portfolio, though, and like many of his other works. He's a good artist. I really liked the Three Stooges paintings.
    The two for Shawshank Redemption are pretty cool too.

EDIT: Here's some of his artwork from The Mist that is more affordable than that nice Gunslinger painting.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I have purchased from this seller also with very good results. She has a nice collection, very nicely displayed.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Whether or not the seller smokes, I neglected to confirm the book itself did not smell of smoke. It's just something I try to remember to ask in advance. Apologies to weathervane.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Gunslinger first dust jacket sold for $122.50. Two bidders, four bids.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

btw, Tina sells a set of THE PLANT, signed limited.

i was browsing when i saw it... and the reason i mention it, is because the inscribed messages are really impressive and goods!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    btw, Tina sells a set of THE PLANT, signed limited.

i was browsing when i saw it... and the reason i mention it, is because the inscribed messages are really impressive and goods!
    It would have been a more desirable set had all the 3 copy been inscribed to the same person...not that her set isn't nice.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quite a Few Cavalier magazines for sale by one seller:
    http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/technokidz

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

My internet access has been limited, so I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but just in case:

Gauntlet's latest auction item is a rare one indeed: "The Monkey", by Stephen King, published as a 34-page magazine booklet/insert in the November 1980 issue of Gallery magazine. The booklet is signed by Stephen King on 9/20/1986, and is inscribed specifically to sellers of this item. It is in "Very Good" condition, with slight wearing on the front cover and yellowing of the interior pages. Bidding starts at $100. Send your bid to info@gauntletpress.com with "Monkey" in the subject by Friday, September 19th. One bid per customer please. Happy bidding!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jerome and Bev.

That seller of the magazines also has an S/L of 'Salem's Lot for sale. No bids as yet.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody ever seen this before? Didn't know Time/Life did anything with SK.

Langoliers

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Calling all original art collectors!!

Wrightson original sketches

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post

Langoliers

Never seen that one before... it is in Justin's book, but i guess it is quite scarce...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Calling all original art collectors!!

Wrightson original sketches
    Pretty cool, especially for any fans of Ghostbusters out there.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Langoliers
    I have seen it on Ebay at different times.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wrightson original art from The Stand back for one last chance....price down to a more "reasonable" $3,000:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-Kings-St...d=p3286.c0.m14

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Two 'Rainy Season' signed/limited pictures on eBay at the same time at vastly different prices.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=024

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=005

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Phil Hale original painting for Gunslinger on auction:

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_ite...1&Lot_No=89051

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Phil Hale original painting for Gunslinger on auction:

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_ite...1&Lot_No=89051
    Come claim it Bob!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

For some reason, although it is a stunning piece, Hale's work never "moved" me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 555 1055 ... LastLast