Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 546 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 46 446 496 536 544 545 546 547 548 556 596 646 1046 ... LastLast
Results 13,626 to 13,650 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That seller constantly sells forgeries. I wouldn't buy a thing from him.
    Care to explain? Never once have I ever sold a forgery, of anything.

My items have been up on this website before, and everytime I believe I have shown enough evidence to back up my signatures by comparing them to other recent signatures of Kings. These books were just relisted as I had taken a vacation last week and wanted to take my store down and refresh the items.
    I figured you would show up and try to justify the suspect signature. You always do. I didn't say that everything you sell are forgeries. I am sure some are legitimate. I said you are constantly posting forgeries, and I will never buy a thing from you; even it looks good. Both statements are facts. That signature sucks even if it is legitimate. Others I have seen you post in the past also suck. As a supposedly professional signature salesman you sure offer a lot of stinkers.

For the price you could buy a Blockade Billy S/L & not have any doubts, let alone a better production of the book & a traycase

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

yeah i think that price is WAY off

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post

For the price you could buy a Blockade Billy S/L & not have any doubts, let alone a better production of the book & a traycase
    Right! How does a book that's worth $75 multiply its value by a factor of ten just because of the "quirky" signature? (Notice I didn't say forgery?) Is that the price a fair and honest seller would ask? I think not.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

His prices are high, but it is his prerogative to charge what he wants.

How many signed copies of this title have you seen besides this one?.....the answer is zero or not many.

Odds are it will not sell, as it has been listed several times in the past unsuccessfully.

Several members here have given their blessing on this autograph, and I tend to agree with them on their assessment. I don't love it, but I don't hate it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

THAT WAS MY IMMEDIATE THOUGHT TOO... I don't trust it.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I find it odd that he spends almost the entire item description talking about the shrinkwrap.
    He spent a lot of time re-shrinkwrapping them!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

Care to explain? Never once have I ever sold a forgery, of anything.

My items have been up on this website before, and everytime I believe I have shown enough evidence to back up my signatures by comparing them to other recent signatures of Kings. These books were just relisted as I had taken a vacation last week and wanted to take my store down and refresh the items.
    I figured you would show up and try to justify the suspect signature. You always do. I didn't say that everything you sell are forgeries. I am sure some are legitimate. I said you are constantly posting forgeries, and I will never buy a thing from you; even it looks good. Both statements are facts. That signature sucks even if it is legitimate. Others I have seen you post in the past also suck. As a supposedly professional signature salesman you sure offer a lot of stinkers.

Of course I'm going to come on here and defend myself against baseless, libelous accusations. Your exact words are "you are constantly posting forgeries." Please show exact scans of books or what you can remember that have been in your mind a forgery. If you cannot do that, and explain yourself, it is a libelous statement, and defames my character.

I have always been up front with my King signatures, and provided better scans when asked, comparisons to other board members signatures, etc. I have nothing to hide with my autographs.

Back when I first started to list King signatures, a lot of people on this board were skeptical, as they should be as nobody was really getting crappy, rushed signatures from King on a regular basis. As the years have gone on, there had been a clear change with his signature where it is now more condensed, and more rushed even at book signings. My autographs are what many consider "street" autographs, where King has signed them at various places and not specifically sit down signings, unless noted. Once some of the more respected members of this site have obtained these signatures, they have started to say that my listings are probably authentic in their opinion. Even the owner of this website has turned to say that my signatures are more than likely genuine, albeit very rushed, or condensed.

As far as pricing goes, I've said this before. As many of you know, King doesn't do very many appearances where you can get outside books done, usually 1-2 per year. He also doesn't travel much anymore, outside of promotions for his books. I price my King signatures on the high side, because of this. Even when King is around Boston, for example it is not an easy task to obtain signatures from him, and he as many of you know is a very moody person. One day he will be great and his joking self, the next day he will yell at everyone and tell us to go fuck off. Which is fine. He has been more than gracious in the past to myself, and others, every once in awhile to leave him alone and not bother him should be understood.

As far as Blockade Billy goes, he never did any signings for the book and only 1-2 signed books have come to market since the release. Sure for about the same price, or less you can buy he S/L but it's not actually signed on the book, but his trading card.

If you have any further questions or comments I will be happy to continue to address them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post

Right! How does a book that's worth $75 multiply its value by a factor of ten just because of the "quirky" signature? (Notice I didn't say forgery?) Is that the price a fair and honest seller would ask? I think not.
    When you factor in the research I do, the time it takes to obtain, and expenses like gas, car wear, etc related to King signatures, pricing is what I believe to be reasonable for an author who very rarely travels anymore outside of his book appearances/promotions. Also there are only usually 1-2 scheduled events per year where you can get your older books signed.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    His prices are high, but it is his prerogative to charge what he wants.

How many signed copies of this title have you seen besides this one?.....the answer is zero or not many.

Odds are it will not sell, as it has been listed several times in the past unsuccessfully.

Several members here have given their blessing on this autograph, and I tend to agree with them on their assessment. I don't love it, but I don't hate it.

He can certainly list it for whatever he wants. I won't buy it. You won't buy it. No one in their right mind would buy it for that.

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone can always make him an offer for what they think it's worth.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post
    Anyone can always make him an offer for what they think it's worth.
    True. If you trust him then go for it. I wouldn't recommend it though.

This is the final time I will ask you again Br!an to back up your accusation regarding any of my items, as well as previous king signatures I've sold. You stated it is a "fact" that "you are constantly posting forgeries."

Either post some proof, or edit those lines and post a retraction. I'm not going to allow my name and business to be defamed because you think it's ok to post such a statement on a forum, without showing proof of your accusation.

Like I've said before, I have nothing to hide regarding these King signatures, and have always been up front about them.

Country
    Country Flag

Of course I'm going to come on here and defend myself against baseless, libelous accusations.

This is the final time I will ask you again Br!an to back up your accusation regarding any of my items, as well as previous king signatures I've sold. You stated it is a "fact" that "you are constantly posting forgeries."

Either post some proof, or edit those lines and post a retraction. I'm not going to allow my name and business to be defamed because you think it's ok to post such a statement on a forum, without showing proof of your accusation.
    It's libel only if it isn't true. Since you cannot prove they are authentic you don't have a case.

I would be hard pressed to defame you since you already have a poor reputation. You have a long history of posting shit for sale as anyone can see by going through your old posts. Your self-defamation will continue every time you list another "quirky" signature.

As far as evidence of forgery I invite everyone to look at your listings and judge for themselves. It is passing strange to me that most of your “Stephen King signatures" are crap. It seem to me that most actual King signatures should conform to the norm with only an occasional aberration. Your listings are the other way around. In my opinion the majority of your listings are fraudulent. nicksportsautographs&stephen+king The following being some of the most egregious examples of current listings.

However since I cannot prove definitively that they are forgeries I am willing to edit my original post. It now reads "That seller constantly sells suspected forgeries." That is an accurate and factual statement.

Edited to show the three worst examples.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

if that Skeleton Crew and Rose Madder are fakes than so are six books King signed in front of me in Toronto. Those signatures look awful but not less legitimate from King's signature in Doctor Sleep and The Shining S/Ls that I assume King signed sitting down in his office.

Example:

Proof of King signing it, my shoulder and my excellent Fred Perry jacket:

It was by far the worst:

One more for the road.

I'm not taking a side, just pointing out that you could be wrong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    if that Skeleton Crew and Rose Madder are fakes than so are six books King signed in front of me in Toronto. Those signatures look awful but not less legitimate from King's signature in Doctor Sleep and The Shining S/Ls that I assume King signed sitting down in his office.

I'm not taking a side, just pointing out that you could be wrong.
    I certainly could. I have no doubt that some of his listings are actual King signatures. I also have no doubt that some are not.

Some of brennan's were probably good too. That doesn't change the fact that he sold forgeries.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone want to offer an opinion on this that was recently posted for sale:

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting that THIS SELLER has a bunch of signed DJs....and I think the signatures may be legit.

I have no interest in them even if they are...signed DJs are not for me.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone want to offer an opinion on this that was recently posted for sale:

I hate when the alternative for a King signature is a sharpie..... however there are times when that is what he has in hand when you place something in front of him.
    There are times when you get what you can because you are part of a crowd who is all doing what they can to get something signed.

I compared this to the King Signature I got in person on The Ghost Brothers Of Darkland County promo CD... This sig looks just like it (especially the Stephen).

Here is pics of it as well as sharpie signature from Rock Bottom Remainder final concert. where I got Midlife Confidential signed.

Last edited by EXPLORER; 06-08-2014 at 08:23 AM. Reason: adding pics

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting that THIS SELLER has a bunch of signed DJs....and I think the signatures may be legit.

Oh and scrappy DJ's at that...
    What ya gonna do, They are in Kentucky?

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

Oh and scrappy DJ's at that...
    What ya gonna do, They are in Kentucky?
    Perhaps they come with chicken and biscuits?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Of course I'm going to come on here and defend myself against baseless, libelous accusations.

It's libel only if it isn't true. Since you cannot prove they are authentic you don't have a case.

I would be hard pressed to defame you since you already have a poor reputation. You have a long history of posting shit for sale as anyone can see by going through your old posts. Your self-defamation will continue every time you list another "quirky" signature.
    You flat out have said that "you are constantly posting forgeries" and you said that's a "fact."

Because of this, the burden of proof is actually on you. You are saying I have committed a crime of fraud. Again, please prove your case for everyone to see here, or else I am going to again ask for a public retraction and apology. You posting photos of my items does nothing to prove your case that I am selling forgeries, nor do your statements.

BTW, here are closeup scans of the items you have questioned. Not sure why you took the 1st photo, as the other shots have closer views of the signatures.

EYOTD:

The Talisman:

Baseball:

Also, I'd like the more experienced King collectors to chime in.

I will be back in this thread in a bit to show some comparisons to the signatures in question.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not in love with any of the signatures (particularly EOTD), but I don't think they are fake.

It is unfortunate, because right off the bat, your being an autograph dealer puts one strike against you in my opinion, because so many in your trade are charlatans (also in my opinion).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just not sure. I don't like any of them and would not want any of them in my collection.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry about missing that one. You are constantly posting suspected forgeries.

There you go.

Sorry about missing that one. You are constantly posting suspected forgeries.

There you go.
    Again though, I'm really not. The signatures match or are very similar to his recent rushed In-Person examples. You are the only one who is "suspecting" them to be forgeries at this point. You editing your posts now prove that what you wrote was libelous, and defamed my business.

I still would like a full retraction, and public apology if you are not going to prove your case. As far as I can tell from your posts, you are not an authoritative figure on King's signature as well it appears you do not have many In-Person examples of his signature. It appears only one is in your photobucket.

I'm not sure why you have a bone to pick with me, nor do I care the reasoning at this point. You have done harm to my reputation with your ill-advised posts and make your case and prove that I am posting "suspected" forgeries.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 546 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 46 446 496 536 544 545 546 547 548 556 596 646 1046 ... LastLast