Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 554 1054 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 27563

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

All six Green Mile proofs:

Green Mile proofs

I wish I had the money!

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

Green Mile proofs

I wish I had the money!

John
    Cool, for sure... But...isn't that a high STARTING price?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a bit high, but not outrageous like many of her auctions are. Numbers 1 and 6 are hard to find. I only need #6.

John

My Mood
    Gay

It's a bit high, but not outrageous like many of her auctions are. Numbers 1 and 6 are hard to find. I only need #6.

John

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I'm new at this, so stupid questions will be asked. Sorry.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Green Mile proofs

I wish I had the money!

John
    After seeing what's she's sold, and what she now has listed. She has to be breaking up one of the best Stephen King collections in existence (or at least was). I would really like to know what she possessed in her collection before she started selling it, the list must have been very impressive!
    Geoff

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    After seeing what's she's sold, and what she now has listed. She has to be breaking up one of the best Stephen King collections in existence (or at least was). I would really like to know what she possessed in her collection before she started selling it, the list must have been very impressive!
    Agreed. From what I've seen of her auctions, she had many of the lettered, and most if not all the numbered, editions, plus first editions, etc. Not to mention some of the scarcer proofs. An amazing collection!

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

John

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I'm new at this, so stupid questions will be asked. Sorry.
    Turtlex, the only stupid question you ask is the one you don't, if you know what I mean. If you don't ask, you can't learn.

As I said, numbers 1 and 6 are the REALLY scarce ones--I've heard that only about 12 copies of #1 and about 6 copies of #6 exist, and only about 24 copies of each of the others. I personally think those numbers are too low, though, given that I've seen through the years.

John

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

John

Turtlex, the only stupid question you ask is the one you don't, if you know what I mean. If you don't ask, you can't learn.

As I said, numbers 1 and 6 are the REALLY scarce ones--I've heard that only about 12 copies of #1 and about 6 copies of #6 exist, and only about 24 copies of each of the others. I personally think those numbers are too low, though, given that I've seen through the years.

John

John - Thanks for understanding. I am trying to learn.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bernie Wrightson concept drawing for The Mist movie:

The Mist monster

The Mist monster

The Mist flying monster

Are these genuine Wrightson signatures?

John

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. From what I've seen of her auctions, she had many of the lettered, and most if not all the numbered, editions, plus first editions, etc. Not to mention some of the scarcer proofs. An amazing collection!

John
    Wow, just her current listings make for an impressive collection.

I've never heard of "SIE". I only knew about the German bootlegs of The Mist and IT. Is SIE from the same publisher?
    Mark Twain

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Are these genuine Wrightson signatures?

John
    I think so. His signature is different (naturally) depending on if he prints his name or writes it. I have most often seen him print his name on original works of art and write his name when signing books. The items in question have a signature that is consistent with examples in my collection.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

Wow, just her current listings make for an impressive collection.

I've never heard of "SIE". I only knew about the German bootlegs of The Mist and IT. Is SIE from the same publisher?
    The calfskin edition of SIE is from the trade publisher Wilhelm Heyne Verlag. They used trade edition page blocks, gilded the top edges gold and bound them in calfskin. It's a really pretty book. I suppose they were done for presentation copies. I don't know how many were done but they are pretty hard to find. It is not a signed edition.

I never thought much of her collection but I think it is more a criticism I have of her collecting methods and collecting goals than what she actually acquired for her collection. She bought a lot of high end items from a lot of dealers but did it, IMO, rather indiscriminately....a sort of "shotgun" approach to collecting. Her stated goal was that the items were for investment purposes and I don't think she ever had a true interest or passion for Stephen King like most of us on this site seem to have.

Personally I am much more impressed with a slowly acquired collection by someone with a more limited budget but a true love for what they are collecting than someone who buys high end collectibles in volume without much thought being given to most of the items.

Here is a link (you probably have all seen and read this) on Collecting Stephen King by Peter Schneider:

http://hillhousepublishers.com/hh-collectingking01.htm

If you scroll way down to the section on "King material as investment" he refers to a collector in the opening paragraph. You don't really need an imagination to guess who he is referring to.

"A collector who is considering purchasing King first editions for investment value would be well advised to reconsider. The value of King's books has stayed fairly steady for a number of years now. There was a brief flurry of high prices paid on Ebay for his books, but even that has settled down. In July of 2000 I sold on Ebay four King items (including a set of The Green Mile proofs) to one buyer for what were ridiculously high prices. I spoke to this buyer later on as we were working out the logistics of the sale. It turns out that she had no real interest in King's writing—she was simply "setting up a nest egg" for her daughter's future. This sent a chill down my spine and I told her, to no avail, that she'd do much better by putting the money in a mutual fund. "

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

wow. what a fascinating article. thanks for the link - truly!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

oh my fucking god. that's it. i'm selling my house. i'm selling my mini. i'm selling my husband.

::faints::

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

yes...the same happened to me
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Technically I don't really need this second kidney.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL!!
    Me neither...and I´ll sum one lung then

Can you match that?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what thread it was in, but someone was looking for a DT Gunslinger Born Sketchbook. Here's one with a BIN of $1.99 - 9 still available. eBay link

Also another Marvel promo for DT LRH - same seller, same price. another eBay link

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post

oh my fucking god. that's it. i'm selling my house. i'm selling my mini. i'm selling my husband.

::faints::
    Uh, turtlesong.....husbands aren't really worth much....according to my wife

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Hey Ari,
    That one doesn't do a lot for me. Besides there are too many "zeros" in the asking price! I did look through his portfolio, though, and like many of his other works. He's a good artist. I really liked the Three Stooges paintings.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes..the prices are outrageous, but what a great artist. His works are astonishing.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

With prices like that, it's no wonder he doesn't bother with posters or prints. You'd have to sell a ton of $25 posters to match one painting sale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 554 1054 ... LastLast