Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 1053 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 27551

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Am I missing something here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Stephen-Kin...QQcmdZViewItem

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Must be the same thing I'm missing since I thought ALL those DJs were like that!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just emailed the seller asking for a picture of that mysterious back flap that's supposed to have a mistake. We'll see what the heck he's talking about.

John

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i did the same thing and asked for a pic of the copyright page. and i'm wondering about the "library quality covered". if that just means there's one of those protective sheaths on it, or if, in fact, it is a library book.

tricksy people these ebay sellers, very tricksy.

oh, and i'm bidding on the other item.

ETA: i have to be careful or my husband won't let me come play with you guys anymore!
    Last edited by The Lady of Shadows; 09-06-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: add warning about my spending habits! :)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't tell your husband. Take it from me (41+ years married!), we often don't want to know!

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Greg grabbed it.

Excellent find.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah...worth twice what it sold for.

Almost grabbed it myself...but I already have a copy for sale...just dont have any space left!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Last four DT trade editions for a good BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wizard-Glass-D-M...QQcmdZViewItem

John

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Am I missing something here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Stephen-Kin...QQcmdZViewItem

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Must be the same thing I'm missing since I thought ALL those DJs were like that!

seller sent me a message back today through ebay's system asking for my email address so he can email me the pics i requested. as soon as i get them i will post them here.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the same email from the seller yesterday, but I still don't have the response.

John

i gave him a secondary email address. don't want these tricksy ebayers have my real address now do we? i think it answers our question if you haven't gotten the pics yet. don't you?

ETA: okay, which one of you fucks dear friends of mine kept outbidding me for the goddamned creepshow/silverbullet?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, Turtlesong . . . I think this may be calling your name . . . Signed Rose Madder

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

what do you guys think of that sig?

ETA: i asked the seller to either post or email me a clearer pic of the copyright page. and gretchen thanks! (but are you trying to lure me in with signed rose madder's instead of chocolates? are you working with brice? )

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

what do you guys think of that sig?
    I think it looks good, but bow to those others of greatness

Country
    Country Flag

pssst....Brice....she's onto us....

that is without question the best fucking smilie in the history of smilies!

Oh, Turtlesong . . . I think this may be calling your name . . . Signed Rose Madder

seller posted better pics of both the copyright page and the sig. and emailed me to say that he accidentally put a small tear in the dust jacket today while cleaning his office ( ).

oh god. what to do, what to do.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

seller posted better pics of both the copyright page and the sig. and emailed me to say that he accidentally put a small tear in the dust jacket today while cleaning his office ( ).

oh god. what to do, what to do.
    Buy the signed book, then go buy an unsigned one for cheaper. Switch dustjackets. Then you'll have your signed collection copy in a good DJ and a nice reading copy with a slight tear in the DJ.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

oh no, patrick. that's a given. i already own three copies.

i meant, do i start bidding now and pray i don't end up in a bidding war and then kick myself when i could have just gotten something from hutch and known the provenance.

decisions, decisions.

i blame all of you for doing this to me you know. i was a nice normal girl before.
    it's like an infection. . . .

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's called an addiction! Welcome to the ward!

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i blame all of you for doing this to me you know. i was a nice normal girl before.
    Welcome turtlesong! I hoped you packed a lunch...you'll be here awhile!

(Definitely bid on the book. If you happen to be outbid, wait until the auction draws close to finishing--THEN enter the bidding war.)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dont know where to post it...
    I was reading Joe Hill texts on his website the part in which he makes some autoprom, about the articles that will soon be published.

I remember that Bob (i think) did post a pix of an ARC of the upcomming anthology LIVING DEAD... for completist, or for information purpose only, the anthology POE'S CHILDREN, edited by Peter Straub will also include Joe Hill & King (with the ballad of the flexible bullet). Due to october, according to Joe.

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

i meant, do i start bidding now and pray i don't end up in a bidding war and then kick myself when i could have just gotten something from hutch and known the provenance.

decisions, decisions.

Put in your bid about 25 percent lower than you would actually be willing to pay....then never look at the auction again until you get the email saying you won or lost. That way it doesn't matter if somebody bids you up, because it only rises to what your last minute bid would have been anyway.

I haven't paid remotely close to market value for any book I own, with the exception of a couple matched numbers I basically had to overpay for...but my sales of bargain purchases have always offset those. I haven't been in a real bidding war in a loooong time...madness lies that way...haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

decisions, decisions.

Put in your bid about 25 percent lower than you would actually be willing to pay....then never look at the auction again until you get the email saying you won or lost. That way it doesn't matter if somebody bids you up, because it only rises to what your last minute bid would have been anyway.

I haven't paid remotely close to market value for any book I own, with the exception of a couple matched numbers I basically had to overpay for...but my sales of bargain purchases have always offset those. I haven't been in a real bidding war in a loooong time...madness lies that way...haha...
    that's really excellent advice. and something i never thought of doing. (have you visited the lolcats thread? you should ves'ka gan captured me quite well i think - well, except for me being a cat and all. )

and as for the bold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 1053 ... LastLast