Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 524 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 24 424 474 514 522 523 524 525 526 534 574 624 1024 ... LastLast
Results 13,076 to 13,100 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Looks legit, but man is this book beat to shit.

The Stand, 1979

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111321452666
    Bidding is now @ $167.40 for this gem.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post

The Stand, 1979

Way over value IMHO.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I know! This one one of the S/Ld's I don't own and am looking for on a good deal. But I don't want a green stamp in mine!
    I'd live with the stamp for the right price, but I suspect my idea of the right price and the seller's idea differ by at least $200.
    I would cover the stamp with a King signed bookplate.
    You think like me?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I know! This one one of the S/Ld's I don't own and am looking for on a good deal. But I don't want a green stamp in mine!
    I'd live with the stamp for the right price, but I suspect my idea of the right price and the seller's idea differ by at least $200.
    I would cover the stamp with a King signed bookplate.
    You think like me?
    I am not that smart.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand, 1979

That is very surprising. I bet there is a friend up bidding for the seller.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=Joe315;841469]

The Stand, 1979

I stopped at $30. i liked the idea of the old signature.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=Roseannebarr;841474]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

The Stand, 1979

i stopped at $30. i liked the idea of the old signature!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The Stand, 1979

I had that happen to me. There were two other bidders and I bailed out. Both made bids above mine. The seller sent me a offer to buy at my last bid since both other bids reneged on purchasing. I told him I wouldn't buy it at the jacked up price, but that I would buy it for my original bid of $9. I never heard back.

I just checked the bidders. It jumped from $16 to $167. Either the high bidder really wants it or ...
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Well I have to say I bid on it several times as I loved the idea of the old signature and it being a first edition and maybe having a story behind it. But someone kept outbidding me - either a genuine bidder or the seller's friend or something. So I eventually bailed and won't bid on it again, as the international shipping is too high as well.

What happens if bids are cancelled and it is the seller's friend or the seller trying to "up" the price? Do you automatically become the high bidder again and be forced to pay it? Seems messed up if people can jack up listings that way.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    Well I have to say I bid on it several times as I loved the idea of the old signature and it being a first edition and maybe having a story behind it. But someone kept outbidding me - either a genuine bidder or the seller's friend or something. So I eventually bailed and won't bid on it again, as the international shipping is too high as well.

What happens if bids are cancelled and it is the seller's friend or the seller trying to "up" the price? Do you automatically become the high bidder again and be forced to pay it? Seems messed up if people can jack up listings that way.
    If the high bidder reneges then the seller has the option to offer the item to the next highest bidder. That's what happened to me. I declined. If I hadn't felt like the lot was being bid up I would have taken the offer since it was still a good deal and I wanted the book. There is no obligation to accept or even to respond to the offer.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very strange. I wouldn't want it, but someone does. That's what makes collecting interesting.
    Probably anathema to most Collectors, but I would cut the page out...

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Very strange. I wouldn't want it, but someone does. That's what makes collecting interesting.
    I'd either keep it as a curio or I'd probably cut the page out too and put it into a copy of The Stand but I wouldn't sell it on. I wonder if that's what the winner bidder is planning to do - perhaps cutting out the signed page and the copyright page with FIRST EDITION listed and putting them into a book club edition of The Stand to pass it off as a first and signed? If it goes to a high price I bet that's the game plan. I wonder if you can even get a book rebound like that... I was interested in it as a curio primarily, as it seems there might be a story/history behind it, and the romantic in me is always intrigued by that with older books.

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

The Stand, 1979

I bid 6 bucks on it this morning, and would have upped it to 60 or so, but only because my name is Nick and I'd have dreams of presenting it to King at a signing for a second signing, also made out to Nick.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Roseannebarr;841475]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

The Stand, 1979

I was wondering the cost and the outcome one might get taking it to a professional who could rebind it in a nice leather cover. (if it were to be had at a reasonable " Cheap" price).

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Shameless self promotion.........

UK Signed 1st Edition of Doctor Sleep

........but it is rare, and therefore thread-appropriate.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Breezy

Wow that's pretty cool. A signed purple WH smith edition must be pretty much one of a kind or close? Nice!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure on the sig, get a 2nd opinion.
    4 bids, $31:
    Autographed Bag of Bones by Stephen King (1998, Hardcover)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have that convention program on my Watch List. Does anyone know what King wrote for it?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I have that convention program on my Watch List. Does anyone know what King wrote for it?
    King was a judge, but I am not sure what if anything he wrote.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

He may not have written anything for it -- it might just contain a bio. "Beyond the guest introductions and the details about the year's awards, the remainder of the book primarily consists of illustrations inspired by Robert E. Howard's work and advertisements."

Gunslinger Apprentice BrighterDeathNow will become famous soon enough

You've all probably seen this, but........

DT 7 Volume 1
    http://bit.ly/1ivxtse (sorry, don't know how to link it like everyone else does)

At least it's got "zero page flip wear"!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I've got it but am not home right now to look. Pretty sure there is no King writing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrighterDeathNow View Post

DT 7 Volume 1
    http://bit.ly/1ivxtse (sorry, don't know how to link it like everyone else does)

How does this happen?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrighterDeathNow View Post

DT 7 Volume 1

How does this happen?
    No number, so probably a PC where the second volume was sent to a customer who had a damaged one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 524 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 24 424 474 514 522 523 524 525 526 534 574 624 1024 ... LastLast